Trailers: Catherine: Katherine or Catherine? Trailer

J-meMalone

Jan 11, 2009
Well, I'm EVEN MORE psyched for this now.
If it comes out in the UK, anyone know if it is? I would think it is, and if not I suppose I can import.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I have never seen so many text-screams in on thread...wow. And so stoked to get into this game. Story, gameplay, Atlus...freaking yes, man.

And, just because I want one more:
dududf said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And not a single breath. That guy has some serious lungs in him.

Randomspike

Pinball Wizard
Oct 12, 2010
J-meMalone said:
If it comes out in the UK, anyone know if it is?
We'll have to wait for it to be picked up by another publisher, how fast that happens (if it happens at all) will likely depend upon how well the game sells in America.

J-meMalone

Jan 11, 2009
The Random Paradox said:
J-meMalone said:
If it comes out in the UK, anyone know if it is?
We'll have to wait for it to be picked up by another publisher, how fast that happens (if it happens at all) will likely depend upon how well the game sells in America.
Oh joy, looks like I'll be importing, impatient little me.

On a side note, love the Psychonaughts avatar. "Hello fellow road crew worker. Welcome to the road crew."

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
BehattedWanderer said:
I have never seen so many text-screams in on thread...wow. And so stoked to get into this game. Story, gameplay, Atlus...freaking yes, man.

dududf said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

All of which is me.

(I intentionally left the quote of me in there for more added screams <3)

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
dududf said:
BehattedWanderer said:

dududf said:

All of which is me.

Your breathy capacity leaves me breathless.

Dansrage

Nov 9, 2010
Oh great, the two thing I hate most, RomComs and creepy Dating Sims have made their ugly nest in one game.
Oh well, everyone is over 18 this time at least...

Dansrage

Nov 9, 2010
Fronzel said:
Dansrage said:
Oh great, the two thing I hate most, RomComs and creepy Dating Sims have made their ugly nest in one game.
The game is largely about the conflict between Katherine and Catherine over Vincent, but I don't think that makes it a dating sim. Who Vincent ends up with in the end probably relies on the position of his morality meter, but that's adjusted mostly by questions posed to Vincent at the end of the puzzle sequences.

I don't know how you're seeing any "Com" in here. This trailer is full of tension, anger, and screaming.
Looked more like comedy to me, that quirky, annoying kind of comedy present in Sitcoms.
It might not be a dating sim per se, but it is a relationship simulation. Maybe it's just me, but any elements of simulating romance beyond basic RPG elements comes off as desperate and creepy, such pandering is insulting. Even in games like ME2 where it's secondary and optional it comes off as creepy and out of place.
It doesn't break any barriers for me as some people seem to describe, it's not challenging my concepts of sexuality or anything of the sort, they gear these games towards negative stereotypes to take advantage of gamers.
"People who play videogames don't have sex lives and are desperate, so lets release a game with pre-order panties."
Anybody who buys into it just makes the rest of us look bad.
This is a puzzle game, absolutely nobody is interested in the gameplay, they're just looking forward to unlocking shower scenes and engaging in simulated pillow talk.

Greyhawk

Sep 29, 2008
Wait a sec... Did I just hear "Pictures at an Exihibition" in the trailer? (Hut on Fowl's Legs if memory serves) Can't believe I remember that...

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
So boy meets girl, then boy meets girl, boy gets girl pregnant, boy stares at girl's breasts, girl meets girl, and then chaos ensues.
Yep, that sounds like a hollywood movie to me.
dududf said:
dududf said:

BehattedWanderer said:

dududf said:

All of which is me.

I threw in the first quote for added emphasis. This is fun!

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
I spoiled myself terribly for this game and I must say that there is a bit of a spoiler hidden in there. I really wish these companies would think more carefully about the clips they put in their trailers.

(On a random note, I love Baba Yaga, Hut on Fowl's Legs. I only know it from the Animusic clip though.)

Captcha: ounrim Inc. I wonder what that is.