Trailers: Deadpool - Official Gameplay Trailer

beefpelican

Apr 15, 2009
Pandalisk said:
Gameplay trailers these days seem to get away without showing any actual proper game play..

I love Deadpool in the comics but after a while i felt like he (especially his voice) was becoming more and more obnoxious..Or was that the whole point? Genius.

I'll end up like all the other superheroes and crying for him to shut his goddamn mouth, they are staying true to the deadpool lore!
Indeed. Deadpool is supposed to be sarcastic and fourth wall smashtastic, but this felt a bit like the Team Sonic strategy for making a character 'rad'.

bandit0802

Dec 24, 2008
Indeed. Deadpool is supposed to be sarcastic and fourth wall smashtastic said:
I dunno. There were times he looked like a fool. Like when he slammed into that grate and fondled Cable's "man-bazookas". Deadpool works because he may be unstoppable compared to his enemies, but his "friends" Cable, Wolverine, and others are able to reign him in and tell him what a jackass he is.

bandit0802

Dec 24, 2008
beefpelican said:
Indeed. Deadpool is supposed to be sarcastic and fourth wall smashtastic, but this felt a bit like the Team Sonic strategy for making a character 'rad'.
I dunno. There were times he looked like a fool. Like when he slammed into that grate and fondled Cable's "man-bazookas". Deadpool works because he may be unstoppable compared to his enemies, but his "friends" Cable, Wolverine, and others are able to reign him in and tell him what a jackass he is.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
It looks like it's trying way too hard. Also looks a lot like the Duke Nukem school of self-referential humour, only with the cussing and obscenity washed out. At least there looked like some fun rag-doll stuff going on.

jibjab963

Sep 16, 2008
I'm very excited for this game. High Moon did amazingly well with the Transformers games so I have the same standards with this game as well.

Sep 24, 2008
I'm old.

I remember when Deadpool first came out in New Mutants. My brother still has the comic some where. I never seen a voice bubble that looked like his. They described it indescribable.

apparently someone just took that as meaning 'He sounds goofy'.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
If this isn't amazing in the gameplay department I'm going to cry. come on High Moon, transformers wasn't bad you can do this. (pleasdontsuckpleasdontsuckpleasdontsuckpleasdontsuck)

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
ObsidianJones said:
I'm old.

I remember when Deadpool first came out in New Mutants. My brother still has the comic some where. I never seen a voice bubble that looked like his. They described it indescribable.

apparently someone just took that as meaning 'He sounds goofy'.
I own the books you're talking about (because I wanted to own the first print of DeadPool's appearance, I thought the actual New Mutants books were ass, but that's beside the point), his voice was further elaborated upon as being (I'm paraphrasing here) incredibly gravelly, deep and raspy (explained by his imperfect healing factor leaving his throat/voice box/etc horribly mangled). Though he was originally meant to be a serious character (He was a rip-off of Deathstroke at the time, but Rob Liefeld says himself that at the time he just wanted an excuse to draw Deathstroke whilst working at Marvel), writers that came later decided to make him the joke people know now, but as soon as the character began to become funny the whole idea behind his voice being like that was essentially of dumped entirely, though the speach bubbles remained.

DeadPool was taken seriously for all of 5 minutes. 5 horrible, horrible minutes.

Sep 24, 2008
Baron_BJ said:
I own the books you're talking about (because I wanted to own the first print of DeadPool's appearance, I thought the actual New Mutants books were ass, but that's beside the point), his voice was further elaborated upon as being (I'm paraphrasing here) incredibly gravelly, deep and raspy (explained by his imperfect healing factor leaving his throat/voice box/etc horribly mangled). Though he was originally meant to be a serious character (He was a rip-off of Deathstroke at the time, but Rob Liefeld says himself that at the time he just wanted an excuse to draw Deathstroke whilst working at Marvel), writers that came later decided to make him the joke people know now, but as soon as the character began to become funny the whole idea behind his voice being like that was essentially of dumped entirely, though the speach bubbles remained.

DeadPool was taken seriously for all of 5 minutes. 5 horrible, horrible minutes.
Deadpool should never be taken seriously, I agree. However, I do feel that having him be that insane and sounding like "something that should never be" adds to the joke.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Ocelano said:
Kenjitsuka said:
Deadpool looking good!
Except that wasn't really all that much gameplay for a gameplay trailer :(
Sad fact of modern advertising in that there never ever is
What did stick out in my mind was what looked like a turret section and, an exploding set-piece. Hopefully the turret is optional and, hopefully the exploding set piece isn't one of many scripted sequences. Nothing wrong with a little bit of either but hopefully the game won't rely too heavily on such things. I'd like a Deadpool game that plays like a Bayonetta or, Devil May Cry personally. That being said though it's nice to see shotguns shooting limbs off.

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
ObsidianJones said:
Baron_BJ said:
Deadpool should never be taken seriously, I agree. However, I do feel that having him be that insane and sounding like "something that should never be" adds to the joke.
Yeah, I can see it working great in a lot of ways, but I can also seen how the current voices are much easier to work with humor wise, his voice sounding like something out of the depths would just take so much more effort to write for that it probably just isn't worth it to some writers.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
Oh man, I actually liked the trailer.
I hope the gameplay can hold up to the humour, though.

concrete89

Oct 21, 2008
Imagine every joke repeated twenty three times over a playtime of about six hours.
It's gonna be hell.