Trailers: Diablo 3: Demon Hunter

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
VicunaBlue said:
So like the amazon and assassin crossed, then put into the body of Sylvanas?
Pretty much what I was thinking. One minor niggle, though... what's with the high heels? Not exactly practical. At least the rest of her armor makes sense, in a "provides a balance of protection and freedom of movement" manner rather than "let's see how little of her we can cover in platemail and nothing else for the rest" like you see in a lot of other female armor designs.

BlueCrossBlueShield

Jul 18, 2009
Darth IB said:
Looks very nice indeed.
But how do those crossbows reload? :O
I know, right?

I don't see any ammo canisters and she never pauses to reload. Even if she did, I don't see any quivers. The crossbow bolts either are teleported from another location or are made of magic. In addition, the bowstrings are always pulled taut in rapid order without any visible auto-pull mechanism, so they're probably being pulled with magic.

Hargrimm

Jan 1, 2010
Is she wearing fucking plate high heels?
I know this is a fantasy game, but come on. This almost as bad as chainmail bikinis.

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
roostuf said:
Wow looks good i hope its for the pc then i would buy it.

OT:(first)
.....really?...like...*sigh* some people anyhow
All i have to say is....im playing that class...and OMG THAT CROSSBOW THAT SHOT THE EXPLOSIVES!!!...and it went around the demons neck...and exploded...AWSOME!!!

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
The game part of the game looks really buggering addictive, while the cinematic could use some work in the writing and obvious "plot" holes (I. E. how does she reload?). Fight scene was pretty fun to watch though, if you just turned off your brain

Jory

Dec 16, 2009
Why does it matter how the crossbows reload?

This is a fantasy game with magic in. The fact she was wielding them like Uzis was beyond awesome

Neevar

May 10, 2010
I really am looking forward to play D3, but to be honest, after 5 hours straight of playing fallout 3, this looks boring :D.

Blizzard haves this silly thing to make heroes waaaay to "hero-ish". "neow, as long as i'm here, bla gla"...it's silly sometimes.
Bottom line, nice class (revamped assassin, in an awsome way) but childish, boring as hell trailer.

Hargrimm said:
Is she wearing fucking plate high heels?
I know this is a fantasy game, but come on. This almost as bad as chainmail bikinis.
also,this ^^. this trailer looks like a really bad, low budget vampire-hunting movie. It can not compare with most of warcraft's trailers. Like when Grom Hellscream dies for example.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Assassazone!

Amassin!

Eh, anybody who complains about the writing in a diablo game has never played a diablo game before.

HELLO FRIEND, STAY A WHILE AND LISTEN! PARK YOURSELF ON THIS HORADRIC CUBE WHILST I HOLD THIS HORADRIC STAFF, AS I, LAST OF THE HORADRIM TELL YOU OF HORADRIC LORE.

Also, she had silly shoes on. You wouldn't want to jump around in them! At least the rest of the armour wasn't totally ridiculous, but in a way that just makes them stand out more.

The crossbows thing doesn't bother me in the slightest. Games have never had accurate crossbows before, and they never will, as that would not be fun. They take like a minute to reload!

Klepa

Apr 17, 2009
What a cheesefest..

Doesn't matter though, I'm still going to buy it, D2 for life!

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
I think this is the first time I've seen a Blizzard trailer that wasn't a bunch of pre-rendered CGI that shows nothing you actually see in a game. Kudos for finally bridging the gap between being flashy and actually showing some gameplay footage.

ThePirateMan

Jul 15, 2009
Darth IB said:
Looks very nice indeed.
But how do those crossbows reload? :O
Magic, ofcourse!

OT: The cinematic part looked kinda silly (which I loved) and the class seems good enough.

Just a bit sad that we won't be seeing any paladins. Or alteast so it seems.

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
I am disappoint. Class reminds me too much of a ye'old connotation of the matrix. Was expecting some wicked melee weapons to go along with all that heavy looking armor, but I got magic-reload crossbows. Definitely not the first class I want to roll.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
What was with that age verification thing? You guys HAVE my age listed in my profile! Why is being logged in not enough?

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Dual wield crossbows... how do you reload?

I prefer to blame Activision for everything.

And what's a demon hunter without a Warhammer... er, I mean war hammer?