Trailers: Diablo 3: Demon Hunter

Zyphonee

Mar 20, 2010
Well, seems like typical Japanese action anime Devil May Cry style cutscenes, I really cracked up when she said "Prey, or hunter?", but I still will love returning to my Diablo days.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
This was really just... cheesy and stupid. Am I supposed to be taking this seriously? It's like it was trying to hard. When she drew two crossbows it was just absolutely laughable that it delivers it with such deadpan seriousness as if expecting I'm going to find it "awesome" and "epic" or any other words a 13 year old watching an exploitation type anime might use.

ilion

Aug 20, 2009
Dear Gods what the hell happened to the gothic look of diablo. This is Warcraft damn it.

pumpkinetics

Nov 20, 2009
Hrmph. Diablo goes from terrible writing and acting*, to hittings its stride in Diablo 2 and its expansion, right back down again. No sway, Blizzad, no sway.

*"I SENSE A SOUL IN SEARCH OF ANSWERS." Gets me every time.

spacewalker

Sep 13, 2010
Special skills probably use MP, so those crossbows of hers fuction like wizards staffs or wands.
A whole lot of wands put togehter to a weapon.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
yes it looked awesome,
but the was 90% pre-rendered video so yeah, it's gonna look good, since blizzard, if nothing else kicks ass at cut scenes.

if nothing else it'll gimme a class to play should i wanna get involved, i have Vindictus and it is likely to kill any interest in diablo 3 as of next log in :p

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
SupahGamuh said:
Wow, that looked pretty cool. Now I'm seriously starting to look forwad to this game next year, along with Guild Wars 2.
diablo 3 coming out next year? you're funny

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
Neevar said:
I really am looking forward to play D3, but to be honest, after 5 hours straight of playing fallout 3, this looks boring :D.

Blizzard haves this silly thing to make heroes waaaay to "hero-ish". "neow, as long as i'm here, bla gla"...it's silly sometimes.
Bottom line, nice class (revamped assassin, in an awsome way) but childish, boring as hell trailer.

Hargrimm said:
Is she wearing fucking plate high heels?
I know this is a fantasy game, but come on. This almost as bad as chainmail bikinis.
also,this ^^. this trailer looks like a really bad, low budget vampire-hunting movie. It can not compare with most of warcraft's trailers. Like when Grom Hellscream dies for example.
i disagree with about everything you said but as far as it looking boring, i know what you mean. im not saying this game looks boring in the least (and you cant really compare a first person shooter to a top down action rpg), but i remember after demon's souls i was looking at my collection of unplayed games, and comparatively, they all just seemed tame and boring and i had a hard time motivating myself to play any of them...so i didnt, and just replayed demon's souls

Greyfox_Shep

Aug 6, 2010
She seems to be a class that work better when playing with more players, since she don't seem to be good at melee combat.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Cmwissy said:
Am I the only one who's reminded of Kasumi from Mass Effect 2?
Definitely not.

On topic: Looks quite badass. I hope the male Demon Hunter retains this lady's badassery and potent mix of sexy and cool.

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
I don't care how cheesy and cartoonish that looked. I'm buying Diablo 3 when it comes out, because I want more Diablo.

I'm also wondering why people are getting stuck on little things like "how does she reload" and "where did those crossbows come from", when a single arrow is clearly shown splitting into half a dozen identical arrows upon firing. It's magic, so get over it. The game play looked pretty good, although I was wondering why all the enemies who got close up to the character simply stood around waiting to be shot. I want to see some attack animation from both sides!

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
I wonder how much screaming the designers had to go through before they settled on repeating crossbows and not straight-up pistols. I can just imagine some sort of bullshit-powered semi-automatic flintlock. What would be more awesome and slightly less cliched would be to just give her a gigantic battleaxe. Or, I don't know, blades attached to her arms or something. John Woo doesn't need to be invading my dark fantasy, thank you very much.

Kejui

Oct 22, 2010
latenightapplepie said:
On topic: Looks quite badass. I hope the male Demon Hunter retains this lady's badassery and potent mix of sexy and cool.
I hope the male Demon Hunter retains this lady's high heels...

In all seriousness, who cares about the writing quality of the trailer? More to the point, who cares about the quality of writing in Diablo, in general? Have you played another Diablo game? All of them have extremely cheesy, cliché dialog. D2 was slightly better than D1, but I wasn't expecting improvement in D3.

Also, it's a trailer, so it could be that their theatrical narrative is far worse than their in-game dialog. It'd be nice for the words to your game to be written in a believable manner, but I don't think it every really detracted from the other two games.

Once you get through the game, do you even listen/read anymore? I doubt it, you just bust through the hordes and continue kicking ass.

ilion said:
Dear Gods what the hell happened to the gothic look of diablo. This is Warcraft damn it.
I don't think it's that bad. ;)

Finally, my hope is that the music is on par with the other games, especially D1. The thing that always immersed me was the music and its matching the rounds.

Back to the topic, this looks like a decent character, but I was never a huge fan of the assassin, but amazon was all right. I was always more of a run-away-from-the-fight necro, sorceress, or druid.