Trailers: DMC: Devil May Cry - Gamescom Trailer

The_Merchant

Nov 9, 2011
People, let's be serious, this game is the very end of the DMC franchise.
We're talking about Capcom here.
If DmC sells well,Capcom will shit on the original series and milk the heck out of this ''Parallel Universe''crap with seuquels and prequels and everything there is.
If the game sells like shit, Capcom will assume that people lost interest in DMC,possibly giving up the franchise(reboot or not) altogether.
The only phoenix down DMC has left is the HD collection,if it outsells DmC it might give capcom the CPT.OBVIOUS hint that we want the old series back

AgentLampshade

Nov 9, 2009
The_Merchant said:
The only phoenix down DMC has left is the HD collection,if it outsells DmC it might give capcom the CPT.OBVIOUS hint that we want the old series back
This is why I've bought it twice from different places. It's also why I've secretly been practising both voodoo and hypnotism to get others to buy it.

KindlySpastic

Sep 29, 2010
The_Merchant said:
People, let's be serious, this game is the very end of the DMC franchise.
We're talking about Capcom here.
If DmC sells well,Capcom will shit on the original series and milk the heck out of this ''Parallel Universe''crap with seuquels and prequels and everything there is.
If the game sells like shit, Capcom will assume that people lost interest in DMC,possibly giving up the franchise(reboot or not) altogether.
Why would you want the old series back? This is just like, my opinion, man, but the franchise only had one good game. After the first one it quickly stagnated both in gameplay and other aspects. The masturbatory cutscenes of DMC 4 were so tiresome they made the Matrix sequels look interesting by comparison.

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
Vergil doesn't even have the same type of sword, shows how much research ninja theory does on the real series.

Also the story seems to come down to YOU ARE THE DEMONS DONTE ANON IS LEGUN, what the fuck

Gunjester

Mar 31, 2010
Maybe I'm being prejudice due to his dastardly slicked-back hair, but is anyone else expecting Virgil to betray us? Maybe?

Grumpy Ginger

Jul 9, 2012
anthony87 said:
The fanboyism in this thread......it burns
Amen to That

Seriously okay so they've gone for something different but for Christs sake the story in the previous games were not goddamn Shakespeare and yes I would prefer that they went a little more on the crazy awesome instead of melodrama but it's the gameplay that's important. Let's just wait for what it actually plays like.

DVS BSTrD said:
Why does Virgil look more like Dante than Dante?
Gunjester said:
Maybe I'm being prejudice due to his dastardly slicked-back hair, but is anyone else expecting Virgil to betray us? Maybe?
Well at least ONE of those floating towers has a giant circular arena at the top.
And of course he's always holding his scabbard (containing a completely RATIONALLY sized blade instead of wearing it on his back like any sensible Japanese character, so yeah he's probably possessed from the start.
But didn't Virgil always do that with his sword, seriously a sword belt is not that hard to buy

Arkynomicon

Mar 25, 2011
I'm a huge Devil May Cry fan and am glad the are rebooting the crap out of it since I hated the direction they where taking it with DMC4.

The only character that I will actually miss is Lady. The rest are pretty forgettable.