Trailers: Fable 3: PC Developer Diary

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Fable 3: PC Developer Diary

The developers of Fable 3 discuss the changes and improvements in the PC version of the game.

Watch Video

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
If, after 5 months, it even SLIGHTLY feels Console-ish, I will find Peter Molyneux and stuff the disc where the sun don't shine!

But seriously, the Console version had very little in the way of non-linearity. I felt compelled to just complete the story and then stop playing. No incentive to deviate. No incentive to continue after finishing, unlike Fable 2 and even the original.

It better not be £40 this time around...

I preferred it when Lionhead were more independent. Not just because their office was in my local town but also because they made much better games (The Movies, Black & White etc.). I just wish that Microsoft wouldn't hold the leash so tightly and give them a bit more freedom to do what they want.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
Boyninja616 said:
I just wish that Microsoft wouldn't hold the leash so tightly and give them a bit more freedom to do what they want.

Microsoft's third party developer policy.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Eh, any game promotes the fact that it will be "harder" and focuses most of it's promotion based on stereoscopic 3D, is a definite bargain bin buy.

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
Freakout456 said:
Boyninja616 said:
I just wish that Microsoft wouldn't hold the leash so tightly and give them a bit more freedom to do what they want.

Microsoft's third party developer policy.
Exactly. Bad times.

Stupid (Expletive deleted by order of Microsoft).

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Ok, so the only Fable game I ever liked was the first one, mainly because that one actually felt like and RPG whereas the other 2 just felt like an action adventure game with RPG thrown out the window. All these new things they claimed they changed and redid for the sake of PC gaming intrigues me to see how it turns out. Kinda makes me want to get Fable 3 because of that.

In the end it's Fable, I have really mixed feelings about all this. On one hand it's a revamped version of Fable 3, improved graphics engine. controls etc for the sake of PC. On the other hand...it's Fable 3....

Edit: Forgot to mention Games for Windows Live...

DarthCaine

Oct 4, 2010
They sure have a lot of guts releasing it the same day as the giant The Witcher 2. I'll get both, but if I had to choose I'd be getting The Witcher 2 by faaaar.

The release date couldn't be more poorly planned with games like TW2 and L.A. Noire coming the same day and makes me think MS is doing this so they can say "See? PC games don't sell!" and ditch the effort entirely. Either that or they have great confidence and arrogance that it will beat TW2, even despite the crappy reviews and that PC gamers already forgot about Fable.

matt_newgrove

Aug 1, 2009
SteelStallion said:
Hey guys, I think you forgot something. Mods!!

Actual open RPG freedom mod anyone?
I wouldn't exactly get my hopes up. It's highly unlikely they'll ever release any sort of sdk or editor. even now 7 years after the release of fable: TLC the mods released haven't exactly been groundbreaking. Only good thing to come from the modding comunity was the fable explorer, which I only used to change the age modifier of the player to 0.

Drucifer

Oct 3, 2010
Now could you please release the repair mod for 360 like right now, before i finish it... please?

The Imp

Nov 9, 2009
Kukulski said:
I might start to think about buying that game once I finish Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Deus Ex 2, all 16 playtroughs of the Witcher 2 and every remotely decent cRPG I've missed since Baldurs Gate.
And even then it might still be too soon.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
WaaghPowa said:
Forgot to mention Games for Windows Live...
<url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109460-Fable-3-Coming-to-Steam>*ahem*

HOLY GOD-DARNED CAMEL SPIT, MICROSOFT ARE SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY. - Alec Meer

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Raiyan 1.0 said:
WaaghPowa said:
<url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109460-Fable-3-Coming-to-Steam>*ahem*

I know it's on steam, but you're still required to be connected to GFWL. One of the first things I checked on steam.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
WaaghPowa said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
WaaghPowa said:

I know it's on steam, but you're still required to be connected to GFWL. One of the first things I checked on steam.
Ahhh... didn't know that.

Didn't The Witcher 2 remove those obnoxious sex cards? So basically I can play that game without any misogynistic guilt? Yeah, I know where I'm going...