Trailers: Final Fantasy XIII-2 English Announcement Trailer

VonBrewskie

Apr 9, 2009
Yeesh. You know, I thought FFXIII's battle system was amazing. I really only hated the corridors. I felt like it was digital S&M; corridor punishment until I was relieved by the sweet, soft touch of the battle system. I have played FF since the NES. I have to wonder if this style of RPGing has just become unfashionable...what do you all think?

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Unless they bring Vanille back, i probably won't bother. If they try to replace her, the new girl will just try too hard.

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
ABLb0y said:
Unless they bring Vanille back, i probably won't bother. If they try to replace her, the new girl will just try too hard.
I'm in agreeance with you. Although I want Fang back as well.

But someone told me in another thread that Lightning is trying to bring them back. Hopefully that's true.

War-hamster

Apr 5, 2010
SpaceMedarotterX said:
War-hamster said:
Final Fantasy XIII-2? Why couldn't they just call it FF XIV?
because this is set in the same setting as FFXIII, also cause XIV is already out
Funny, if every game is set in different setting, why not give it a different name? It can be really confusing for any newcomers to the series. Or if they want to keep the name, they could just call it FF XV, doesn't make any difference at this point.

I wonder if there is a series with even bigger number in the title:D

icame

Aug 4, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
I love how these threads are just non-stop FF13 bashing.

I bought the game twice. What? The PS3 version really is better.
That is because that game deserves it ^^

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
icame said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I love how these threads are just non-stop FF13 bashing.

I bought the game twice. What? The PS3 version really is better.
That is because that game deserves it ^^
It really REALLY does deserve.

War-hamster said:
SpaceMedarotterX said:
War-hamster said:
Final Fantasy XIII-2? Why couldn't they just call it FF XIV?
because this is set in the same setting as FFXIII, also cause XIV is already out
Funny, if every game is set in different setting, why not give it a different name? It can be really confusing for any newcomers to the series. Or if they want to keep the name, they could just call it FF XV, doesn't make any difference at this point.

I wonder if there is a series with even bigger number in the title:D
Because a franchise name like Final Fantasy holds a weight.

Apr 25, 2009
I loved the art and design, and the music was beautiful...

Plus, I wouldn't mind snuggling Lightning in bed a little, if you know what I mean ;)

I'm glad they've gone back to the fantasy style again, instead of the cyber-punk crap... Also, I've never played a Final Fantasy game, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it! Right?!

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
ABLb0y said:
Or you could simulate Vanille's presence by giggling like a four year old every time you come across a new landscape, animal or character. OK, her backstory was probably the most interesting of the six, but that didn't keep her from being annoying.

I don't have anything against having her playable in FFXIII-2, but she needs to grow the fuck up.

I'll definitely pick this up when it comes out in 2019.

Psychedeliasmith

Jan 1, 2008
I actually recoiled at this news, lol - I was just sat there thinking 'Why would you do that?' Half of that video was just the ending to FF13 anyway - reminding me of what a disappointment that was. But then, FFX-2 was hated by the people who loved FFX, so perhaps FFXIII-2...perhaps. I secretly adored FFX-2 though so who knows. Definitely won't be buying the thing until it's been out for months at any rate, brand loyalty only got me so far.

saber152

Apr 21, 2010
The FF games stopped being great after 9 (yes in my opinion) 10 was alright, X-2 was an abomination and was bloody pointless to make, the MMOs never tried then not paying to play online after i bought the damn game, and anything after that so far seems just drawn out to me.

Stuntkid

Cyberdemon
Oct 6, 2010
well, if it's anything like X-2 then square is royally fucked (minus the kickass battle system of course.)

Lord_Nemesis

Paragon Printer
Nov 28, 2010
Dear mother of holy God, are we really going to be tormented by another Final Fantasy XIII? Was the first part not bad enough that all of us FF fans bled even harder after the wounding blow of Final Fantasy XII? Can we not bring back the old days? When the compelling and addictive nature of Final Fantasy would beseech us to sit for hours and hours just to gain one more level before bed or reach disk 3 by Friday?

Please, for the love of all we and you, Square, hold dear: bin this project and make us a proper Final Fantasy game.