Trailers: Guardians of Middle Earth - CG Trailer

BlindWorg

Oct 31, 2009
Burn it! Burn it with righteous fire!

Anyone have the Kill Sat remote within reach?

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
BlindWorg said:
Burn it! Burn it with righteous fire!

Anyone have the Kill Sat remote within reach?
Mine is in my other pants, damnit! We may have to call in the TF2 Pyro. His fire is pretty righteous...

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
A lot of the reactions in this thread summed up quite nicely.

Well, this is only a cinematic trailer. But even then it doesn't look that promising, so far at least.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
CJ1145 said:
lolwut pretty much describes everything that needs to be said here.

That was so uninformative I think getting slapped with the title might have been more informative. Is this seriously a DOTA game? It looks more like, as someone above mentioned, the equivalent of Dissidia. Which, frankly, would be amazing. At least compared to this.
Well, the LoL trailor really didn't tell you much about the game either, it's just a cinematic to garner interest n such. I'm waiting until the gameplay footage rolls in before I start condemning it with righteous fury.

TheBelgianGuy

Aug 29, 2010
RvLeshrac said:
Guardians of Middle Earth - CG Trailer

This is the game that every Lord of the Rings fan has been waiting for.
What the hell is wrong with you?[/quote]
It's called sarcasm, dewd.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Team Hollywood said:
Funniest thing I've read in weeks.

Gollum vs Gandalf is simply too ridiculous to get annoyed by. However, if the makers of this game ever got their hands on LOTRO I'd have to shoot them, for the good of all free peoples.

Fantasylord

Aug 25, 2009
Why are they still milking the lotr franchise for money seriously. They should have just stopped at "Rise of the Witchking.'

antman9000

Jun 13, 2008
never heard of this game before now, and after watching the trailer, still had no idea what it was, if i had to have a guess, i would of thought it was a fighter game. it wasnt until i read the comments that i found it is supposed to be a dota game.

Elvaril

Dec 31, 2010
All that is gold does not glitter, but this? This is not golden.

JaceArveduin said:
Can't remember if any of them uses a hammer... Gloin has one in the BFME series though.
Thorin II Oakenshield wielded a great war hammer in the Battle of Five Armies, so it could possibly be him.

McShizzle

Jun 18, 2008
RvLeshrac said:
Fuck this game. Why do the LOTR gaming license holders feel like they need to constantly fuck Tolkien's corpse? Make an accurate game, and we'll buy it.
But, the elves can cast shield spells and Sauron breathes fire, that was totally in the books right? I guess what do we really expect from a DotA/LoL clone? Still, "fucking Tolkiens's corpse," is a pretty accurate description.

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
I hate to echo, but indeed this video didn't show anything of the game. It was boring (looked nice though) but ultimately revealed nothing. Also the Escapist blurb was incorrect and misleading. I certainly would not have clicked the link if I knew it would be a shallow attempt to profit from the movies.

WhichDoctor

Feb 17, 2009
So basically it's what LOTR would have been like if it had been written by a hyperactive 12 year old? Yeah, that's the game I've been waiting for *sarcasm*

xchurchx

Nov 2, 2009
it kinda looks like a LotR styled brawler which sounds pretty lame, coz that is not what a lord of the ring game should be about

Metal Brother

Jan 4, 2010
paketep said:
Whoever posted this doesn't deserve a job in a gaming website.

This trailer was without doubt the worst thing I've seen in 30+ years of gaming (and I've seen plenty), not to mention a kick in the nuts of every LOTR fan.
No kidding. I think I just threw up in my mouth.

Somewhere JRR Tolkien is spinning in his grave...

nayrbarr

Aug 11, 2010
[Warning: profanity]

WTF is that shit? Pretty, I'll give it that, but doesn't fit anywhere in the universe; has unrealistic balancing; ignores canon You know what, I'm not even going to bother

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Elvaril said:

JaceArveduin said:
Can't remember if any of them uses a hammer... Gloin has one in the BFME series though.
Thorin II Oakenshield wielded a great war hammer in the Battle of Five Armies, so it could possibly be him.
I figure they'll give Thorin Orcrist, since they seem to be following the movies, more or less, when it comes to design.
Fantasylord said:
Why are they still milking the lotr franchise for money seriously. They should have just stopped at "Rise of the Witchking.'
I can't tell if you're saying that was a good game, or a bad game.

Elvaril

Dec 31, 2010
JaceArveduin said:
Elvaril said:

JaceArveduin said:
I figure they'll give Thorin Orcrist, since they seem to be following the movies, more or less, when it comes to design.
Thorin loses Orcrist though when he is taken captive by Thranduil and the dwarves did not really have much armour up to that point, while the dwarf in this video is fully armoured. I wish that I had not misplaced my copy of the Hobbit so that I could look it up, but I also seem to remember Thorin wearing a golden suit of armour during the Battle of Five Armies which would fit with the look of the dwarf in this video, although it has been about two years since I last reread the Hobbit so I may be remembering incorrectly.