Trailers: Guild Wars 2 Commando Skills

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/04/01/guild-wars-2-seventh-profession-revealed/

The interview that went along with the video is just epic :)

Zerbye

Aug 1, 2008
This reminds me of Magicka: Vietnam, in reverse. The difference here is that that game is actually going to be released.

Krowded

Feb 26, 2011
April 2nd... didn't realise it was from yesterday.

Look awesome though. Shouls be implemented.

airwolfe591

Dec 11, 2009
Senor Smoke21 said:
airwolfe591 said:
This gave me a good laugh, but I still think they are going to have a gun centered class, using pistols and rifles just less automatic and more flintlock.
Will that not just be the ranger?
For ranged weapons Rangers only use long and short bows, they don't use pistols or rifles. There isn't a class yet that uses both.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Chronologist said:
Why is it that the FAKE videogame trailer looks more fun than the ACTUAL videogame trailers? Now, when I play Guild Wars 2, I'll be thinking "Damn, I wish I was a Commando".
Actually it made me Nostolgic for Shadowrun, I'd seriously like to see someone try and revisit that IP for video gaming.

That said it was quite funny, but like most April Fool's jokes this year it was too over the top, nobody is liable to come away from that thinking it's real, unlike some from years past.

I was tempted to post a "serious" outraged response for lulz to see how many people I could argue with and "convince" I thought it was real. I figured that might backfire and not be all that entertaining for people in theendthough, so I didn't.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
I would totally buy this game if I could play as one of these guys.

"Oh, that don't look right... Here, lemme fix that..." beep beep
"Target locked"

MechaManiacal

Apr 16, 2009
I dont think its fake, theirs a new mission in Guild Wars 1 that lets you try them out, you dont get all the powers but you do get to try it

JordanXlord

Mar 29, 2010
Calvar Draveir said:
danhere said:
Why are breast jiggle physics so essential to my experience as a player?
Why are giant breasts being unconvincingly static essential to your experience as a player?
Yes...It is Important

It keeps my mind on something...

*Shakes Head*

Sorry i was Channeling the Inner 13 year old in me

JordanXlord

Mar 29, 2010
MechaManiacal said:
I dont think its fake, theirs a new mission in Guild Wars 1 that lets you try them out, you dont get all the powers but you do get to try it

I hope your Right

But Arena NEt is going to do one thing

they are going to have to Nerf the living Shit out of them

But i think i might actually play it

Hijax

Jun 1, 2009
Chronologist said:
Why is it that the FAKE videogame trailer looks more fun than the ACTUAL videogame trailers? Now, when I play Guild Wars 2, I'll be thinking "Damn, I wish I was a Commando".
Because fake video game trailers do not have to be about actual content(IE: if this was an actual trailer, there would have to be a commando class. And think of the BALANCE!)

Lawyer105

Apr 15, 2009
This was genius! Sure, I'd never want to see it ingame (not that I play GW/GW2) but as a laugh, it was brilliant!

Therumancer said:
Actually it made me Nostolgic for Shadowrun, I'd seriously like to see someone try and revisit that IP for video gaming.
This. I'd dearly love to see Shadowrun done properly. None of the stupid arena-based FPS idiocy, and far more of the betrayal, backstabbing, high-tech awesome of the real game!

Senor Smoke21

May 23, 2008
airwolfe591 said:
Senor Smoke21 said:
airwolfe591 said:
This gave me a good laugh, but I still think they are going to have a gun centered class, using pistols and rifles just less automatic and more flintlock.
Will that not just be the ranger?
For ranged weapons Rangers only use long and short bows, they don't use pistols or rifles. There isn't a class yet that uses both.
Huh, you're right. That sucks, I was looking forward to my Char ranger blowing fools away with a flintlock rifle.
Therumancer said:
That said it was quite funny, but like most April Fool's jokes this year it was too over the top, nobody is liable to come away from that thinking it's real, unlike some from years past.

I was tempted to post a "serious" outraged response for lulz to see how many people I could argue with and "convince" I thought it was real. I figured that might backfire and not be all that entertaining for people in theendthough, so I didn't.
Hah, I showed my friend the comando's and he thought it was real and started raging about Call of Duty, pretty funny.

Aerowaves

Sep 10, 2009
Hats off to you Anet; with this and the fake game updates, I had a very amusing April Fools'. Really makes one appreciate the creative flair that goes into the approach. Roll on GW2.