Trailers: Guild Wars 2 Commando Skills

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
James Charles said:
i think we just got trolled by NCsoft, that or team hollywood, god i hate april first
Neither, you just got trolled by Arenanet.

Kudos Anet, best april fool's yet! I loved running around pre looking all BA with a riot shield. And NEVER remove that Apache Longbow (Moahawk) from Embark Beach!

Master10K

Feb 12, 2010
Glademaster said:
Ipsen said:
Margonite Dragons? Im down for that.
Would love for these guys to...I dunno, bring the banhammer in GW2.
I thought it was a Banscythe in Guild Wars.
Yeah that would be amazing if these Commandos would ban people in Guild Wars 2, just like Dhuum in Guild Wars.

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
airwolfe591 said:
They use pistols yeah, but I'm talking an 'Adventurer' (as ArenaNet calls them) class that focuses mainly on both Rifles and Pistols (other weapons too of course), not just one or the other like the Thief(only can use pistol, not rifles) and the Warrior (Rifles but no pistols). So far, there are no classes that use both.

I mean, if you go to the professions page on the Guild Wars 2 site, the silhouette on the far left looks, to me at least, like a Charr wielding a Rifle. Still, it's only speculation on my part.
First of all, look at the other silhouette, it has spiky pauldrons, so that would more likely be the other medium level armor class.

second of all, the Silhouette you are referencing is the Golemancer Silhouette, the first class they said they would put into the game.

third: of the mid level armor archtypes, they already have Marksman and Rogue, the one left over being the nature-summoner, such as druid or shaman.

airwolfe591

Dec 11, 2009
toapat said:
airwolfe591 said:
They use pistols yeah, but I'm talking an 'Adventurer' (as ArenaNet calls them) class that focuses mainly on both Rifles and Pistols (other weapons too of course), not just one or the other like the Thief(only can use pistol, not rifles) and the Warrior (Rifles but no pistols). So far, there are no classes that use both.

I mean, if you go to the professions page on the Guild Wars 2 site, the silhouette on the far left looks, to me at least, like a Charr wielding a Rifle. Still, it's only speculation on my part.
First of all, look at the other silhouette, it has spiky pauldrons, so that would more likely be the other medium level armor class.

second of all, the Silhouette you are referencing is the Golemancer Silhouette, the first class they said they would put into the game.

third: of the mid level armor archtypes, they already have Marksman and Rogue, the one left over being the nature-summoner, such as druid or shaman.
This is the silhouette I was referring to, that you call the Golemancer. Personally, I don't see why they would add a golemancer class when it seems to be strictly an Asuran 'science'. In videos provided, only Asurans used Golems, leading me to believe it's a Racial skill, instead of being a class skill. The only reason why I assume that this instead would be a rifle/pistol focused class is because of the protrusion on the top right side, which to me resembles the barrel of a rifle. I also have not seen any information referencing a golemancer class, if you could provide a link that would be great.

Also according to the info from this link from the Guild Wars 2 wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Professions_reveal#Upcoming_reveals
Given this information, one new profession and one returning Guild Wars profession will be revealed.
Many assume that the Mesmer will be the returning class because of the references to the classes in the two Guild Wars 2 novels. Also because of this concept art.

I would actually be more excited for a Druid/Shaman class, but I feel that the Ranger covers that area, being a pet class and having a skill division called Spirit skills that "summon a nature spirit that influences the area around it" (Taken from the GW2 Wiki).

True they do already have a Ranger("Marksman") because they have a focus of bows, it's just that they have few weapon combinations left per class and I don't see why they wouldn't give a single class the use of both Pistols and Rifles and just because it's called a Ranger, doesn't mean it can't use melee weapons and I assume the same for the class I'm suggesting. I don't think it will be just a Ranged class with nothing unique, I just expect a class to use both weapons.

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
airwolfe591 said:
first, guns are going to be rare in GW2 because they were recent developements, in WoW they are commonplace because they have been around since the dwarves met their next door neighbors. That is just part of the splooshy part which is around all the other classes.

second of all, i doubt the class which had no justification to exist before would be returning, when the most original class was cut completely.

the article i am referring to is the PCworld Interview back before the game was in developement.

you apparently dont comprehend the difference between the Marksman and Treehugger. the Treehugger is a caster, who has summons and other effects, and would be heavily beneficial to a game where the company developing it is completely incompetent in terms of balancing. they do not actually use environmental effects. the marksmen archetype has one pet, traps, and a bow for bait, ambushes, and combat respectively. a treehugger has summons, heals, buffs, and spells.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Totally fake! You'd never call in a missle strike that close to civilians, thats what gunships are for.

Yes I AM fully aware that this was an Aprils Fools joke

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
I fell for the initial blurb about it, but honestly, I didn't expect April Fools pranks to still be up on the 4th of the month...

Master10K

Feb 12, 2010
Deshin said:
I fell for the initial blurb about it, but honestly, I didn't expect April Fools pranks to still be up on the 4th of the month...
Well it's now gone from the Profession page [http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/] and it went about the same time as the April Fools blog [http://www.arena.net/blog/goin-commando-with-horia-dociu] came up. You can only find it via. the Commando link now, so at least all their hard work won't be in vain.

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
Master10K said:
Deshin said:
Well it's now gone from the Profession page [http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/] and it went about the same time as the April Fools blog [http://www.arena.net/blog/goin-commando-with-horia-dociu] came up. You can only find it via. the Commando link now, so at least all their hard work won't be in vain.
I went on their site about 8 hours ago and it was on the main index page splashed across the whole screen and on the professions page. First time I had heard about it.

At first I thought it was legit, ok sure you've got soldiers and their armour looks similar to another uniform which can be passed off as a coincidental art style for sake of a 4th wall break (much like the Blood Dragon / Clarke armour is in Dragon Age), but then I started reading the skill descriptions and the farce dawned on me. :(

Rynh

Nov 20, 2009
I only have one question.

Why was there a commando watching over the two lovers swimming in the water? Is life in the army THAT lonely?

Calvar Draveir

Feb 10, 2010
JordanXlord said:
Calvar Draveir said:
danhere said:
Why are breast jiggle physics so essential to my experience as a player?
Why are giant breasts being unconvincingly static essential to your experience as a player?
Yes...It is Important

It keeps my mind on something...

*Shakes Head*

Sorry i was Channeling the Inner 13 year old in me
Just saying, if they're going to be there, and the physics for them have been perfected and made readily available over the years, and the character is wearing a swimsuit... it seems weird if anything else happens. Easily avoidable, make your chars breast size realistic and don't take off all your armor.