Trailers: Hitman: Absolution - Personal Contract Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Hitman: Absolution - Personal Contract Trailer

I know that it's a tad cliche, but now it's personal.

Watch Video

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Just like in Hitman 2 then?

Edit: "Original assassin" is a hilarious tagline when one considers how what he's doing has nothing to do with assassination.

Though to clarify I like that they now seem to give more leeway for mixed tactics in missions. If I take a bastard down it doesn't matter in the mission so long as none of his buddies knows about it.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
I really hope they will be more stealh options...most of the trailers have been all action..although the gameplay trailer of one of the levels (the library one) was pretty promising.

SteakHeart

Jul 20, 2009
I don't mind the switch over to more action-y gameplay if it's done well, and it looks like it will be. Plus, what's the point of having two guns if you're not gonna shoot two people at once?

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
Have none of you watched the actual gameplay trailer [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svlkx-jsYeg]? :/

Rarely is a cinematic an indication of gameplay... it's just that. A cinematic.

MrCalypso

Jul 14, 2010
So the woman in the hospital is probably Diana....if it is that kinda upsets me. Never seeing her face was one of the best parts of the series and now the've gone and shown it in the trailer. I'm sure it's gonna be a great game regardless but I'm just worried the series is gonna lose a lot of its subtly.

GoAwayVifs

Aug 5, 2011
Yeah, I'm really getting my hopes lowered with everything I see about this game. It is looking way more actiony then this series should be. Oh, well at least I still have Blood Money.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
SteakHeart said:
I don't mind the switch over to more action-y gameplay if it's done well, and it looks like it will be. Plus, what's the point of having two guns if you're not gonna shoot two people at once?
What's the point of having a gun when all the best executions from the last four games involved anything but guns?

That said: a more action-ey Hitman certainly has potential - for both excellence and utter disaster. Here's to hoping it's the former. The gameplay trailer certainly pushed my expectations that way.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
As long as they maintain both types of gameplay they can have my money, please. Although I always strive for the "silent assassin" ratings, I almost always have a big blast-fest in the beginning. I mean, you unlock all those crazy pistol mods and rifles for a reason, no?

Anyhow, I don't mind action, I just hope the game sticks to the open-ended stealth mechanics and various ways of dispatching your target or moving around the level. Lots of suspenseful moments in that series.

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
Why is that one guy wearing a gasmask?

If they can make the combat more fun I don't mind as long as the stealth is still there. In the gameplay trailers, at least, it seems to be better than ever; so yay!

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
What was the faint whisper right at the part where they showed the coin in the woman's hand?

Debatra

Kaedanis Pyran
Sep 6, 2008
Okay, so shower girl from the original trailer does die, most likely by 47's hand.

...NOW WHO THE HELL WAS SHE???

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
Action has always been the bookends to the stealth in this franchise. I don't know why everyone is crying so much about it, unless they have never played a Hitman game before.

You start out shooting, you sneak around for the whole game, then you finish with some more shooting. Of course it's possible that lots of people fell asleep and missed their cue for the real ending in Blood Money.

Drakulea

Feb 23, 2011
Debatra said:
Okay, so shower girl from the original trailer does die, most likely by 47's hand.

...NOW WHO THE HELL WAS SHE???
Most likely "Diana", appeared in the previous Hitman games but her face wasn't revealed.

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
MrCalypso said:
So the woman in the hospital is probably Diana....if it is that kinda upsets me. Never seeing her face was one of the best parts of the series and now the've gone and shown it in the trailer. I'm sure it's gonna be a great game regardless but I'm just worried the series is gonna lose a lot of its subtly.
except he calls her victoria unless thats who ordered the hit

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
MrCalypso said:
Her face was shown at the end of Blood Money.

lobster1077

Feb 7, 2011
Durgiun said:
MrCalypso said:
Her face was shown at the end of Blood Money.
Only an unclear reflection is shown then 47 goes on his epic journey to a chinatown strip club. Quite the ending I say.