Trailers: Metro: Last Light: Gameplay

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
The gameplay trailer was probably 25% gameplay and 75% seizure inducing flashes.

It looks kind of cool, but I'm going to need to see a trailer with actual, coherent gameplay to consider it further.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
This is on the PS3 as well? Good for PS3 owners, more Metro to go around.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
This looks pretty good so far. Can anyone tell me the name of the song they used? I find it to be rather catchy.

Grond Strong

Mar 16, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
The gameplay trailer was probably 25% gameplay and 75% seizure inducing flashes.

It looks kind of cool, but I'm going to need to see a trailer with actual, coherent gameplay to consider it further.
It's definitely worth considering further. Have you played the first one? It was hard but satisfying when beaten. I do hope they fix some of the shooting/AI/sneak mechanics though. From what I CAN see in this trailer, some of the weapons and most definitely the atmosphere all stayed the same. Let's hope for the best.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Grond Strong said:
Kopikatsu said:

It's definitely worth considering further. Have you played the first one? It was hard but satisfying when beaten. I do hope they fix some of the shooting/AI/sneak mechanics though. From what I CAN see in this trailer, some of the weapons and most definitely the atmosphere all stayed the same. Let's hope for the best.
I thought about it, but it's so expensive on the 360. I would have gotten it had I known about the $15 deal Steam had on it, but it was already too late~

SomEngangVar

Sep 23, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
I thought about it, but it's so expensive on the 360.
Odd. I picked it up for like $15 at Eb Games.

I really hope people give this game the time of day. It's a shame that the first game didn't get the attention it deserved.

SplashyAxis

May 1, 2010
The Red Dragon said:
This looks pretty good so far. Can anyone tell me the name of the song they used? I find it to be rather catchy.
DragonLord Seth said:
What's the music? Sounded awesome.
Portishead - Machine Gun

OT: That was a really cool trailer, it teased like it should and just makes me anticipate this a little more. Metro 2033 is one of my favourite games of the last few years and if they can correct some of the gameplay flaws but still maintain the atmosphere of 2033 then I'm sure 4A will have a gem on their hands.

Crankafoo

Mar 28, 2010
I cannot wait for this game, I loved everything (despite glitches, etc.) about it, it's atmosphere, tone, and overall presentation.
My wallet will be losing weight thanks to this.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
I think the word "gameplay" should have been put in quotation marks. lol
such a tease

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Even though on the service it did not seem to be anything new - nukes, russia and mutants have been done to death - it managed to be a refreshing change.
Umm... "on the service"? Surface. On the surface.

Anyway.. Yeah loved the first game this one should be sweet also, would be nice if they improved the performance of the engine for PCs a bit more but.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Kopikatsu said:
Grond Strong said:
Kopikatsu said:

I thought about it, but it's so expensive on the 360. I would have gotten it had I known about the $15 deal Steam had on it, but it was already too late~
Its $20 right now on Steam, thats not too bad. If you like incredible atmosphere, and lots of difficulty, then you should definitely get it. The game has been patched since release, so the human opponents don't cheat as much.

SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
I want the game to truly kick my ass this time round.

Metro 2033 had my favorite campaign out of any shooters in the last couple of years. Even though on the service it did not seem to be anything new - nukes, russia and mutants have been done to death - it managed to be a refreshing change.

But, I did have one complaint. Sometimes, when the game sent you hurling from the rails downwards or crashing down through the floor to find yourself suddenly alone and in pitch darkness, it actually got scary. These moments were way to rare. I dont want it done to the point where you say "Oh, I really didnt see that one coming... zzzzzz" but they were easily the best parts of the first game and it would be a shame not to have more of them in the second.
Oh man I fucking loved those parts of the game. In particular:

when you're riding a rail car trying to get to Black Station with a companion, it all goes to shit, and the rail car almost lands on you. That was one of the most tense moments in the game for me because you went from relative safety to "oh shit I'm all alone" in about five seconds flat.

Also, any part with Khan was also completely awesome.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I hope they remove the forced ending bullshit. I don't care if I acted "bad" throughout most of the game, I am not interested in taking the path that leads to the bad ending. Also, the criteria for being a bad guy is silly. Shooting nazis is evil? Really?

They also should make stealth a little more feasible, and remove the bullet soaking tendencies of enemies.

Keenly interested, but cautious.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
The editing in this trailer actually really wowed me. I enjoyed it, the music, the atmosphere, and just... yeah, this is really looking good. Hopefully they won't change the formula too much and it'll just be Metro 2033, refined.

Bring it on.