Trailers: Metro: Last Light: Gameplay

Mace Tulio

Feb 5, 2011
I'm glad to see some content on a Metro sequel, I was starting to think the project had been scrapped.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
I don't want to sound like a fanboy but.... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!

mightybozz

Aug 20, 2009
Loved the first game - one of the most immersive things I've ever played, although the story and the alien things failed to make much sense.

Can't judge much from this trailer. But given the short wait between the last game and this one, I'm smelling a possible cash-in and probably dumbing-down and accessibility for the CoD crowd. Still, fingers crossed there are some actual developments in the game which would make me buy this one in addition to the last.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
I wonder if 4A Games will stick with the Metro franchise as GSC does with STALKER.
SplashyAxis said:
Portishead - Machine Gun
I feel I should not have watched that.

L3G0kees

Mar 25, 2010
TheGoldenMan said:
Yes. I say a Nazi-esc flag AND A "Reich" Sigh!

FACISM FTW!
There also was a hanza (very rich and influential merchants) banner flying around, and a lot of red costumes make me think we will go through the red line now and then.

Also I really recomend the book (metro 2033) I'm reading it right now, it's a very good book, the game is really a adoptation, until half-way through the book, artyom hasn't fired a single shot.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
ultrachicken said:
I hope they remove the forced ending bullshit. I don't care if I acted "bad" throughout most of the game, I am not interested in taking the path that leads to the bad ending. Also, the criteria for being a bad guy is silly. Shooting nazis is evil? Really?

They also should make stealth a little more feasible, and remove the bullet soaking tendencies of enemies.

Keenly interested, but cautious.
that was also the reason why i dint like the game too much. especially how much bullets these monster could take. even with the shotgun at close range these monsters could handle more then 7 shots. i had no bullets left at one stage and had to fight with the knife against these so called library monsters.
so i hope they fix this in this game.

SplashyAxis

May 1, 2010
Don Reba said:
I feel I should not have watched that.
DragonLord Seth said:
Ok, that video was really fucking creepy. I actually stopped watching like 45 seconds in when the guy popped something and it exploded in blood.
I sincerely apologise, I thought it was the video for the song, and obviously it was something much worse. Bad research on my part.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
DragonLord Seth said:
And did the first game use the Source engine? I was watching a LP of it, and I thought I heard some Source sound effects.
It's their own 4A Engine. Basically, the main graphics programmer from STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl made it from scratch, expanding on some of the ideas he used previously and avoiding some of the pitfalls. Metro also has STALKER's lead artist, so the games look and feel similar.