Trailers: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - E3 Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - E3 Trailer

Sony shows how few first-party mascots they really have.

Watch Video

ed_zero

Sep 9, 2009
WAIT? WHAT?
This is a joke right?
*looks at calendar...*
nope its not april 1st...
oh god....

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Well... that was kinda cool.

Then again, I'm pretty sure you could set ANYTHING to that song, and it'd be awesome.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Ok, why the Big Daddy inclusion? BioShock isn't, and never was a PS3 exclusive. Hell, it came out on the PS3 over a year after it came out on the 360 (where it was touted to be an exclusive) and PC.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
The Big Daddy? Bioshock was originally a 360 exclusive, so why on earth is it there? -.-

Surely they could of used the Digimon tamer (From Digimon world one) and Crash Bandicoot instead? -.-

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
lol @ parappa the rapper. Wasn't that guy in one game about 15 years ago? Maybe two, that's it. And who is that ridiculous looking clown guy? The only thing i can even guess is that it might be sweet tooth from twisted metal? I dunno, the last twisted metal game i played, you actually played as the cars, never really saw the drivers.

Kind of surprised that they didn't use any of their better characters, like Ratchet & Clank or Cole McGrath. Hell, they could have probably pulled four or five characters out of Ratchet and Clank alone. Maybe it's some legal nonsense, but they've clearly got a Bioshock character there and that wasn't even exclusive, much less released by anything related to Sony.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
if this is the full battle roster, it is very disappointing. Some of the characters are pretty awesome (I mean, parrapa the rapper, who the hell can say no to that?), but this is clearly sony trying to take on super smash bros, and if you haven't got the roster to match, you don't stand a chance.

bells

Jul 10, 2009
If this game launches without Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon on it's Rooster, it will be a complete failure.

Gigatoast

Apr 7, 2010
Sooooo, not many people complain when Sony blatantly rips-off the Wii motion controllers, but now that their copying a good idea this is the worst thing in the world? Nobody at Playstation ever tried to say this had an original damn bone in it's body, but it doesn't matter, game looks freakin' hilariously fun.

Is this just a fanboy thing? I own all the consoles and my love of SSB doesn't take away from my excitement to play this, it just adds to it. If game companies never copied each other DOOM would have been the last FPS ever made.

mrm5561

Apr 27, 2010
bells said:
If this game launches without Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon on it's Rooster, it will be a complete failure.
throw solid snake in there and im with you 100%

Squidbulb

Jul 22, 2011
bells said:
I'm sorry, but I didn't see any cockerels in that trailer.

Anyway, I'd be very surprised if Jak and Ratchet weren't in it, as they have their own stages and are some of Sony's main franchises (Not so much now, but they were). I'm surprised the Big Daddy is on there, but I don't care, Snake was in Smash Bros after all.
Also, why does everyone assume that these are the only characters in the game? Nintendo didn't just announce all the Brawl characters immediately, it's highly unlikely that theze are the only characters in the game (If they are, I won't buy it).

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
sabotstarr said:
so brawl with 8 characters? How did this get a budget?
You think that they will show every single fighter in the debut trailer ?

Shy_Guy

Apr 13, 2009
The game looks like good fun!

...But this is a really absolutely terrible line-up of characters. Helghast? A Big Daddy??? I'm sure there will be more but so far I really am only interested in playing with Sly and Kratos.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
bells said:
If this game launches without rooster in general, it will be a complete failure. You can't have a fighting game without a male fowl animal.

On topic, the games line up seems pretty sparse enough and there are many other characters that they seem to be neglecting in order to preach to the more latest Playstation players. For example, where is Jak, or Ratchet or (as others have mentioned,) Crash and Spyro or Cole from Infamous? I could understand not showing the entire roster in one go, but if they honestly believe the princess and Pararappa are going to bring in customers, they really should rethink their marketing strategy.