Trailers: Portal 2: Bot Trust

DeadEy3

Sep 1, 2010
I wonder what will have more back stabbing... portal2 or little big planet 2...

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
I cannot wait to play coop! And step on a button that makes a bridge and then step off it again before my teammate has gotten across *evil laughter*

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
HAHAHA! Brilliant! Who needs marketing from EA? Valve are doing well on their own! In fact they could start up their own publishing branch to make commercials! If anything, I hope other companies start doing this more often! I can't wait for Portal 2!

The Urban Moose

Nov 9, 2010
This reflects what WILL happen in the game. You had better believe I will shoot a portal underneath my partner to make him fall to his imminent doom.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Man, Valve, you're sure making it hard for me to vote for Bioware over you in MM. DA2 was great and all...but you're promising Portal 2--a name so profound it doesn't need an acronym! How do I not choose that??

gigastar said:
As expected of Valve.

Also cant you do something about making those stupid Homefront adverts skippable? Im sure everyone who cares about it has one by now.
Well, you could always join the Publisher's club, if it bothers you a considerable deal.

Trapilon

Mar 27, 2010
rokkolpo said:
I'm pretty sure I heard a sixth extra seconds.
as in 1/6, everyone here seems to be hearing differently though.

Oh well, at least the trailer is AWESOME!
Just had a look at the German version.
It clearly sais "sechs Sekunden" which means "six seconds".

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I love these videos, two more videos until it gets released.

The scene with the pan and Atlas is probably a reference to this video.

Flauros

Mar 2, 2010
Wow, that is awesome. lol REGARDLESS of how cool the game is, just by itself.

I also like how you can tell which ones Atlas and which ones P-body just by looking at them.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Trapilon said:
rokkolpo said:
I'm pretty sure I heard a sixth extra seconds.
as in 1/6, everyone here seems to be hearing differently though.

Oh well, at least the trailer is AWESOME!
Just had a look at the German version.
It clearly sais "sechs Sekunden" which means "six seconds".
Yeah well.....they're German!
So that doesn't count.
(joking ofcourse)

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
Rayne870 said:
Harry Mason said:
Anyone notice the Genre is marked as "Family/Puzzle?"
*Facepalm*
But it is family friendly and is a puzzle solving game.
Portal is pitch black comedy. I would not call a game that threatens to pull all your teeth out and donate your organs before dumping you into a military testing facility where you are shot to pieces before being cooked in a giant oven a "Family" game any more than I'd call a Stanly Kubrick movie a "Family" movie. The mere absence of gore and language and boobies does not a Family game make. Portal is an adult game with very adult themes.

Little Big Planet is a Family game. Mario is a Family game. Portal is a black comedy.

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
aeric90 said:
Could someone please find the people responsible for the Dead Space 2 campaign, tie them to chairs with their eyelids forced open and make them watch these till their behaviour changes?
That's not a good idea. They'd routinely push people into fiery pits.

HavoK 09

Apr 1, 2010
i just hope the humour that portal 2 will have has such wuality as these trailer because im loving them

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
Harry Mason said:
Rayne870 said:
Harry Mason said:
*Facepalm*
Portal is pitch black comedy. I would not call a game that threatens to pull all your teeth out and donate your organs before dumping you into a military testing facility where you are shot to pieces before being cooked in a giant oven a "Family" game any more than I'd call a Stanly Kubrick movie a "Family" movie. The mere absence of gore and language and boobies does not a Family game make. Portal is an adult game with very adult themes.

Little Big Planet is a Family game. Mario is a Family game. Portal is a black comedy.
It's subtle enough that kids won't really grasp it so it's safe. That said the official "family" genre doesn't really fit as it is a Teen rated game, or will be based on precedent set by portal. Unofficially though there really isn't anything damaging to children, last time I checked teaching them to avoid deadly obstacles and not get shot was a good thing.

Jul 9, 2008
Lucane said:
Edit: It's also nice to finally know ATLAS' and P-Body's names.
Baldr said:
:( No longer Orange and Blue. Now P-Body and Atlas.
Not to be a dick, but we knew that a LOOOOOOONG time ago.
Flauros said:
Wow, that is awesome. lol REGARDLESS of how cool the game is, just by itself.

I also like how you can tell which ones Atlas and which ones P-body just by looking at them.
I agree. If you look at Valve's commentary for Team Fortress 2, they said that one of the goals of the character design was for it to be clear at a glance who was which class, and I'd say that carried over here.
Harry Mason said:
Rayne870 said:
Harry Mason said:
*Facepalm*

Took the words right out of my mouth. I don't see how anyone could play Portal and say it was a family game.