Trailers: Resident Evil 6 - Official Trailer

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
UltraDeth said:
I remember back in 2009 reading an article that said Resident Evil 6 could take 4 to 8 years to make. To make it in just 3 is a real accomplishment
Uh oh. That seems to say that they're cutting stuff out and will be making DLC for the remaining 1-5 years...I really hope Capcom doesn't sell out like that.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Is it me, or does Leon's aged appearance not really fit that stupid emo haircut of his?

Regardless, I was worried at first since it just looked like a cinematic trailer, but showing gameplay as well... looks pretty damn good.
Though I thought they said they weren't making anymore RE's in the same vain as 4 or 5 but doesn't bother me since I hated every game before those two.

Definitely looks interesting and I look forward to playing it.
Unless it gets delayed to fuck and back like RE5 did >.>

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
Anyone else think the glimpses of president look like the mayor from Spin City?
Also Leon looks like he's 17 and semi-starved

Sep 30, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
That girl with the Mercenary isn't Ashley...it's confirmed to be Sherry Birkin.
Source? IGN is saying that, but they don't have a source to speak of. Looks (and sounds) like Ashley to me...

The trailer looked great though, I'm looking forward to playing as Leon again as I thought RE4 was brilliant.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Montezuma said:
I saw enemies with guns, a cover mechanic, and idiotic ninja moves.

I am severely disappointed.
Devil May Cry:Resident Evil Edition.

I'm sorry but the 3rd guy fist fighting people was the nail in the coffin for me.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
This series died to me with RE:4. This looks like a great game, problem is 'Resedent Evil' the title. This game looks like anything but Resident Evil. Zombies with tentacles reaching over over, guys fist fighting zombies, Leon sliding under enemies like it was Vanquish?

I hope the people who buy this game enjoy giving money to fund more horrible series raping instalments to this franchise.

Resident Evil to zombies is what Twilight is to vampires.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Montezuma said:
I saw enemies with guns, a cover mechanic, and idiotic ninja moves.

I am severely disappointed.
I sort of agree, it seems to be turning into a cookie cutter third person action game.

I mean, really, kung-fu-ing zombies? Is that what Resident Evil is all about these days? Man what a shame. I never really got into the series back when it first came out, but I always wanted to. Seeing what it's becoming though, I think I won't bother.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
itsausernamewhatofit said:
Kopikatsu said:
Source? IGN is saying that, but they don't have a source to speak of. Looks (and sounds) like Ashley to me...

The trailer looked great though, I'm looking forward to playing as Leon again as I thought RE4 was brilliant.
No kidding, it sounds EXACTLY like Carolyn Lawrence (Ashley's VA, aka Sandy from Spongebob)

Sep 30, 2010
Aiddon said:
itsausernamewhatofit said:
Kopikatsu said:

No kidding, it sounds EXACTLY like Carolyn Lawrence (Ashley's VA, aka Sandy from Spongebob)
You could be right, I was just wondering if the developers or another reliable source had completely confirmed it.

Epicspoon

May 25, 2010
Everyone. may I have your attention for a moment while I squee?

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

you may now resume posting.

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
AzrealMaximillion said:
This series died to me with RE:4. This looks like a great game, problem is 'Resedent Evil' the title. This game looks like anything but Resident Evil. Zombies with tentacles reaching over over, guys fist fighting zombies, Leon sliding under enemies like it was Vanquish?

I hope the people who buy this game enjoy giving money to fund more horrible series raping instalments to this franchise.

You're right, all 6 games and their subsequent spin offs should have remained constant, never changing boring stories of how a lone cop fights off zombies that are never different by shooting them in the head while escaping some giant locked building full of block puzzles. That would have kept the series going!

Oh wait, you're just wearing your nostalgia goggles. You silly, silly, person. Even in the older RE titles there was more to this series than plain boring zombies, those "tentacles" are mutations of the virus. I.E. Nemesis wasn't too far fetched but this stuff is?

Nahhh.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
michael87cn said:
AzrealMaximillion said:

You're right, all 6 games and their subsequent spin offs should have remained constant, never changing boring stories of how a lone cop fights off zombies that are never different by shooting them in the head while escaping some giant locked building full of block puzzles. That would have kept the series going!

Oh wait, you're just wearing your nostalgia goggles. You silly, silly, person. Even in the older RE titles there was more to this series than plain boring zombies, those "tentacles" are mutations of the virus. I.E. Nemesis wasn't too far fetched but this stuff is?

Nahhh.
They should've remained horror games and not turned into action adventure games. Nostalgia goggles or not, a guy pulling fist fighting move against zombies is stupid. Maybe you can deal with a series changing genres right in the middle of its long run, maybe you can deal with the crappy game mechanics that have been added like crap co-op and not being able to run while shooting, and maybe you can deal with the 9 foot tall mutated tiki skirt wearing monsters and random tentacle hentai zombies. Me and a lot of other people will still be wanting a 'horror' video game that Resident Evil no longer is the front runner in.

People used to be scared playing RE. Now it's all about how "badass" Leon looks and sliding in between mutants with a guy who punches zombies in the face with Devil May Cry style action.

Even with the mutations in Nemisis, at least he was the only on of them who held a weapon, the other enemies were still horror-style enemies. RE4: got stupid with the guys running at you with chainsaws and the jackass boss with the gatling gun. RE5 had horrible game mechanics like a co-op character with crap AI, no running while shooting and so on.

Also, the atmosphere that made RE is gone.

Fist fighting mutants indeed.

dsawyers9

Aug 20, 2009
It appears that Resident Evil has finally gone back to its core: Zombies and not crazy people.

I've noticed a few things:
Resident Evil 2 = Awesome
Resident Evil 4 = Awesome
Resident Evil 6 = Awesome?

Notice something they all have in common? Leon is the main character. He is the best overall character IMO that Japanese script writers have created.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
This looks pretty awesome, but I'm more excited for the upcoming Resident Evil Uprising Movie.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Revolutionaryloser said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
They should've remained horror games and not turned into action adventure games. Nostalgia goggles or not, a guy pulling fist fighting move against zombies is stupid. Maybe you can deal with a series changing genres right in the middle of its long run, maybe you can deal with the crappy game mechanics that have been added like crap co-op and not being able to run while shooting, and maybe you can deal with the 9 foot tall mutated tiki skirt wearing monsters and random tentacle hentai zombies. Me and a lot of other people will still be wanting a 'horror' video game that Resident Evil no longer is the front runner in.

People used to be scared playing RE. Now it's all about how "badass" Leon looks and sliding in between mutants with a guy who punches zombies in the face with Devil May Cry style action.

Even with the mutations in Nemisis, at least he was the only on of them who held a weapon, the other enemies were still horror-style enemies. RE4: got stupid with the guys running at you with chainsaws and the jackass boss with the gatling gun. RE5 had horrible game mechanics like a co-op character with crap AI, no running while shooting and so on.

Also, the atmosphere that made RE is gone.

Fist fighting mutants indeed.
Seriously. Nostalgia goggles. You have them. Resident Evil was never scary. It was only scary in the same way that Nosferatu was scary back in the day. It was the only thing we had, so we had no expectations. Those games sucked ass. True, Resident Evil 4 totally shrugged off just about everything about the franchise save the name, but on the other hand it was the first game that wasn't immediately forgetable. In fact, most people regard it as a masterpiece. For the first time, the controls were good, the pacing was fun, the puzzles weren't broken, the visuals were compelling, the voices were slightly better than fucking awful and the scenery was imaginative.

Maybe you enjoyed the original Resident Evil, good for you. However, nobody is going to stand the shit we had to put up with back in the day. Broken controls, mindnumbingly boring puzzles, artificially high difficulty. Crying that they don't make RE games like they used to is as retarded as saying that they don't make Castlevania games or Quake games like they used to. They don't make them because they sucked ass and they aren't fun to play anymore. Those games were made that way because the developers were shackled by the capabilities of the platforms they had to work with.

I'm not exactly loving the franchise so far, but that's unsurprising. They've brought out like 20 games by now, it's only natural that stuff should get stupid. I'm not very fond of the cover-based shooting they want to introduce. In any case, if you want RE to be the king of horror games or whatever you're barking up the wrong tree. Expensive games can't be scary. Simply because scary games are the ones that look like shit and no publisher is going to drop 300 million dollars on the production of a game that looks like shit. Nobody is going to pay 60 dollars for a game that looks like shit. And Capcom isn't going to turn one of their main franchises into a low-budget horror game that looks like shit and no one is going to buy.
It seems less of me having nostalgia glasses and more that growing attitude that 'if you criticize an established franchise's changes these days you're wrong'.

I'm turning 21 in 2 weeks, I don't think I'm old enough to be getting a Nostalgia Filter for Resident Evil. I just think that a series going from games that literally created "Survival Horror" as a genre to having the all aspects of horror stripped away and replaced with 3rd Person run of the mill mechanics is sad to see.

RE did used to be scary. You get dropped in a city with very little in the ways of weapons, backup, and surrounded by an epidemic of highly infectious walking corpses, mutated animals, and horrible monsters of apocalyptic proportions. As a cop. Not some guy who is a skin swap for Dante (come on, powered blood makes him strong enough to take out monsters with no gun? That's a Dante clone if we've ever seen one).

Now don't get me wrong, RE:4 was good, it just didn't feel like RE:4. You mentioned Quake and Castlevania? I'll tell you why newer installment of those games don't get criticized like RE4 and 5 do. Quake is still an FPS about shooting aliens, and Castlevania is still an action-adventure game about the Belmonts who kill vampires and other supernatural creatures. Resident Evil went for Survival Horror to 3rd person shooter/action. The mechanics of RE:4 made it a great game, but they also made it impossible for the atmospheric effect that was in previous RE games to be there. That's the horror gone. No matter how mutated the enemies were, they were acting more human, not like unpredictable mindless monsters. The conservative bullet saving of before RE:4 would not have worked. There was not feeling of a 'need to survive'. You had back-up in the form of the creepy sales guy. As awesome of a character as he is, having a guy who sells resources to you an an island inhabited by mutants to just Leon Kennedy (and Ada Wong) seems to rip the survival aspect right out of the game.

You can call it nostalgia glasses all you want, but me and a lot of other people are calling it as we see it.

Expensive games can't be scary. Simply because scary games are the ones that look like shit and no publisher is going to drop 300 million dollars on the production of a game that looks like shit. Nobody is going to pay 60 dollars for a game that looks like shit.
Amnesia was an indie horror title, it didn't look like shit and was critically acclaimed...
In fact not every great game that comes out costs 300 million to make. Most are made for a lot less.

And hell, RE:6 to me, looks like shit so Capcom won't be getting my $60. $300 million or not, I don't want to be sliding around like in Vanquish one minute, flip kicking like Devil May Cry in the next, and then having to deal with what looks to be 3 crappy storylines.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Hmm.
Looks like I might like it, though if there are AI partners I hope they are better than before.

Jerre138

Oct 6, 2010
No thanks. Shame that good survival horror games are few and far between nowadays. And I'm fairly certain the story will be the wrong kind of utter trash.