Trailers: Resident Evil 6 - Official Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Resident Evil 6 - Official Trailer

Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield are back to what they do best- shoot zombies in the head.

Watch Video

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
I like the acrobatics. We've come pretty far from the days of tank controls, no? I'm not happy that the infected with guns make a return, though. The cover mechanic doesn't seem too bad (Especially since they can apparently pull you out of it), but...it makes me feel like there will be more enemies with guns than are really necessary.

inb4 'OMG THIS ISN'T RESIDENT EVIL! RUINED FOREVER!'

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
A sixth one? I dunno whether to be excited or scared. I still remember that excuse of a game that came out named Resident evil 5.

"Repeatedly chants 'Not Resi5 again, Not Resi5 again'"

though i must say, the only thing that looks good is Leon's parts. Chris and that other guy i doubt will be as good.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
Woo REfanboy in the house! Can't wait! :D Hmm all my posts so far have been re6 related, i gotta get around this site more.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Was that a Nemesis in the trailer? If so colour me interested.

And forced co-op seems to be absent, which already puts it ahead of Resident Evil 5 in my books.

I guess my only valid concern to throw out this early is its release date, wouldnt that place it in the middle of the current console generations (predicted) death cycle?

emusega

Jan 17, 2011
Jeez, did they only copy paste Dante's face on Leon's head? The quote "it's Racoon city all over again" was also quite ironic, because after "finishing" their racoon city story all they apparently could come up with is to repeat the hole story with a different city/all of the U.S.

Well, we will see about it, maybe it won't turn out that bad.

mrm5561

Apr 27, 2010
aww leon the only man who can make an emo flap look badass. im kinda interested to see if this has split screen like the last one cause i thought that was what made it playable

aprildog18

Feb 16, 2010
Seems like a fun game. Liked all of Resident Evil games even though it turned from a horror game into an action game. I wonder if Wesker will come back from the dead (Capcom can make him a zombie boss)...

Arkley

Mar 12, 2009
Woohoo! Huge RE fan here, and I didn't see a single thing in that trailer that I didn't like. I mean, yeah I would prefer a return to the old slow-burning, ammo-starved Resident Evil, but this still looks fantastic.

I really hope that they'll update their controls and let us move while shooting this time, though. I get that it's supposed to create tension and everything, but...maybe find a way to create tension that doesn't involve artificially handicapping the player.

On a side note, did anyone else see the really large amount of enemies on screen at once during the brief snippets of Leon's gameplay sections? It looked pretty intense. I guess that if they wanted to re-introduce traditional RE zombies, large numbers of them would be necessary to make them threatening again, since they move so slowly and clumsily in RE canon.

Also, did you notice that in their respective gameplay snippets, Leon seemed to be dealing with huge hordes of slow moving zombies, Chris seemed to be taking cover and shooting at enemies who were shooting back? There could be a pretty big divide in how each character plays, which is pretty good as far as I'm concerned. Variety never hurt anyone.

Damnit, why does it have to be so far away? I want to play it now.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
This peeked my interest. Going to skip that tactical shooter Resi and wait for this, hope they tossed out (or at least heavily refined) the co-op feature as it was a hindrance rather then a desirable feature.

Noble_Lance

Sep 4, 2011
I'm trying to figure out who is in the trailer. Leon, Chris, there is a blonde that kinda reminds me of Ashley, there is that brownish hair girl with Leon during the mission including seeing the president.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
All I can say is that it looks quite fucking glorious.

Also...have Chris' arms shrunk down to realistic proportions or is it just me?

Osaka117

Feb 20, 2011
Definitely looked cool, but that's what a good trailer is supposed to do. With this new cover system Resident Evil is drawing ever closer to being just like Gears of War, and as a classic RE fan I'm a little dissapointed that the series is probably never gonna go back to it's old school style. But I wasn't really expecting that anyway, and I'd take a well made action horror game over a shitty half assed survival horror game any day.

I also like that it has Chris, Leon, and what looks like Claire all in the same game. (Although I did make a frustrated sigh when Ashley showed up) The stars (no pun intended) of the first two games are overdue for a meeting (not counting Chris and Claire obviously)

I say bring them all together; Chris, Jill, Barry, Claire, Leon, Barry, Ada, Rebecca, Barry, and Barry. Oh, and did I mention Barry? Yeah, bring him in too. And not just in mini games! I want him relevant to the plot for the first time since the first game.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Arkley said:
Woohoo! Huge RE fan here, and I didn't see a single thing in that trailer that I didn't like. I mean, yeah I would prefer a return to the old slow-burning, ammo-starved Resident Evil, but this still looks fantastic.

I really hope that they'll update their controls and let us move while shooting this time, though. I get that it's supposed to create tension and everything, but...maybe find a way to create tension that doesn't involve artificially handicapping the player.

On a side note, did anyone else see the really large amount of enemies on screen at once during the brief snippets of Leon's gameplay sections? It looked pretty intense. I guess that if they wanted to re-introduce traditional RE zombies, large numbers of them would be necessary to make them threatening again, since they move so slowly and clumsily in RE canon.

Also, did you notice that in their respective gameplay snippets, Leon seemed to be dealing with huge hordes of slow moving zombies, Chris seemed to be taking cover and shooting at enemies who were shooting back? There could be a pretty big divide in how each character plays, which is pretty good as far as I'm concerned. Variety never hurt anyone.

Damnit, why does it have to be so far away? I want to play it now.
This game looks AWESOME!!! -calms down a second- Yeah a Res fan here also excited. I don't really know if they could turn into a game like that any more. Least not with this control system. Either way, I kind of like the way Resident Evil turned out. What is exciting is that, this game looks to be taking place at night and may even be scary.

The last Resident Evil games big fault was that it wasn't scary, it was all to well lit and a little arcadey. That said I'm a bit on and off for hoping for a co-op mode. On the good side of it, my cousin and I had a lot of fun with the co-op version of the game, on the negative... I think more could be done without the shackles of making it co-op.

Either way... I'm looking forward to this one.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
This looks to be exciting. I have liked almost every RE game, though some way more than others. I always felt that 4 was the epitome of what RE was. You had a hard survival aspect as well as some action, but things could still make you jump and the creepy environments were in there. I was glad to finally see an end to pre-rendered backgrounds with a movement forward in the story. I'll be looking forward to this one, though I hope it comes out on the PC, I preferred RE5 there.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Osaka117 said:
I'm a little dissapointed that the series is probably never gonna go back to it's old school style.
I'm not sure if it could really, least without reverting back to the old tank like controls which I think sucked big time. That and well, those games are still there. You can still go back and play them. What I would like is if the second and third game got the treatment the first game got on the Gamecube.

Bring them back with the nice updated graphics.

Osaka117

Feb 20, 2011
Sovvolf said:
I'm not sure if it could really, least without reverting back to the old tank like controls which I think sucked big time. That and well, those games are still there. You can still go back and play them. What I would like is if the second and third game got the treatment the first game got on the Gamecube.

Bring them back with the nice updated graphics.
"Dissapointed" was the incorrect word. Don't get me wrong, I had a hell of a lot of fun with 4 and 5, and I'm really looking forward to Operation Raccoon City and this one, but I can't help but want a new RE game with the old school style, but with better controls and maybe even the ability to move and shoot at the same time.

As for playing the originals again, I downloaded 1 - Code Veronica off the PSN and am planning on marathoning them before ORC, so I already thought of that. And I totally want a REmake of 2 and 3 like what 1 got, I've been asking for that forever.