Trailers: Star Wars: The Old Republic: Return

commodore96

Aug 31, 2010
Today we have finally seen someone in the Star Wars Galaxy that knows how to shoot accurately!!!!

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
One of the coolest trailers I've seen. I love lightsaber fights.

But it's only on PC? Say whhhaaaaa..... I am dissapointed.

Zeetchmen

Aug 17, 2009
Amazing trailer, whether or not the came can compete is yet to be seen :)

captcha: opbygge iseraint

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Perhaps not as cool as the other two, but still pretty fucking sweet.

Hopefully Bioware mixes things up a bit and gives us another one on the game's release.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
That was awesome, I love all the cinematic BioWare is doing for this.

I don't care if the actual game doesn't look like the cinematic, until we get totally realistic graphics engines that can make game graphics the exact same as cinematics, the game graphics won't look like that.

Edit: Besides, since it is an MMO they are going to lower the graphics capabilities so that they can get as many people that can play it. Because, not everybody has a super-geewhiz PC.

JasonBurnout16 said:
One of the coolest trailers I've seen. I love lightsaber fights.

But it's only on PC? Say whhhaaaaa..... I am dissapointed.
That is because it is an MMO. I haven't seen many MMOs if any that have done any good on consoles.

This is coming from somebody that plays the majority of his games on a console, though if I feel like playing an MMO, I play it on my PC.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Zeetchmen said:
Amazing trailer, whether or not the came can compete is yet to be seen :)

captcha: opbygge iseraint
If you get the game, you should name your character "Opbygge Iseraint", sounds like a good Jedi or Sith name. Well the first sounds Jedi and the last part sounds Sith.

T.D.

Feb 9, 2011
I agree I am disappointed with gameplay, but the cinematics are beautiful. Why don't Bioware make a Star Wars movie and have done with it?

Anyway I'm trusting Bioware to make, at least a good rip off of WOW, and I haven't seen a truly terrible Bioware game.

What I expect however is that if any company is to create an MMORPG to rival WOW, then Bioware is who I would go to too.

I expect a rival, but won't be surprised by a rip off.

The Philistine

Jan 15, 2010
The Bandit said:
Jedi have really gotten to the point where they ruin the "feel" of Star Wars. This trailer had me smiling in a few spots, but hardly ever when the Jedi were on screen. It can't even be thrown off as stupid lightsaber fights. The "I sense something" bullshit. Needlessly throwing your life away. A Sith killing his master just because. It doesn't feel like Star Wars and, even if it did, it's been overdone and I'm tired of it.

A freaking cowboy felt more Star Warsy than Jedi in this video (for me, at least). That's terribly sad.
The "sense" is pretty default Star Wars foreshadowing, unfortunately. The self sacrifice was probably so the sith didn't force lightning the ship's engines while it took off, but that's not very well explained in the context of the trailer. Same with the Sith, it's kinda what Sith do, but lacks any real context unless you're familiar with what's going on.

The trailer seems more focused on pulling in existing Star Wars fans than it does an audience who may not be as familiar with the franchise. Either that, or they're assuming the latter audience won't care.

That trailer is the first really good job I've seen Bioware do showcasing the Smuggler, and balanced it well with the other 3 Republic classes. Now they just need to give some more loving to the Imperial Agent and to a lesser extent the Bounty Hunter.

Harkwell

Sep 14, 2009
The Philistine said:
The trailer seems more focused on pulling in existing Star Wars fans than it does an audience who may not be as familiar with the franchise. Either that, or they're assuming the latter audience won't care.
Agreed, especially considering the fact that most of the stuff (Guns, ships, people) we're seeing is just a variation of existing star wars creations. Like the fact the sith fleet is a slightly different imperial fleet, the smuggler's ship is Han's, and the troopers all look like clone troopers with slightly different armor.

And thats just the items, the whole trailer pretty much followed the first death star escap almost to a T. That might have been intentional for just this trailer though.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
To all you guys praising Bioware, they didn't make this trailer. Blur Studio did. They make all the trailers for Bioware, not Bioware directly.

Jumwa

Jun 21, 2010
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
Exactly; can't say for sure "Oh that's good stuff" but it can give you a basic understanding of how it might be. Like watching a video of WAR or LoTRO the combat looks a bit faster than it is.
Definitely. Both of those titles were a bit slower on the reaction time than I prefer. Say what I will about WoW, it's combat was (usually) very satisfying in that when I hit a button my character enacted upon it immediately in a (mostly) satisfying way, with a nice appropriate sound to cap it off.

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
The Bandit said:
Jedi have really gotten to the point where they ruin the "feel" of Star Wars. This trailer had me smiling in a few spots, but hardly ever when the Jedi were on screen. It can't even be thrown off as stupid lightsaber fights. The "I sense something" bullshit. Needlessly throwing your life away. A Sith killing his master just because. It doesn't feel like Star Wars and, even if it did, it's been overdone and I'm tired of it.

A freaking cowboy felt more Star Warsy than Jedi in this video (for me, at least). That's terribly sad.
2 Siths, no way the ship could have gotten away unless someone distracted them. The Jedi Master was the only one strong enough to make sure the rest got away.

The Sith Master was stabbed in the stomach. He was dieing, and even if he lived he would have been extremely weak. The apprentice's training would have stuttered without the masters strength, the master living would have made the Empire weak, and would deny the Emperor a powerful sith. From what I saw, it wasn't "just because".

Phase_9

Oct 18, 2008
Whoever that Zabrak is, he's several different types of ridiculously awesome.

Phase_9

Oct 18, 2008
Whoever that Zabrak is, he's several different types of ridiculously awesome.

meryatathagres

Mar 1, 2011
"..master. You've failed." Totally canon way of Sith ascension.
As nice as this vid is, I really do prefer the first one. The "You were deceived" one. It's probably one of my favourite (there are many favourites) starwars anything ever, and I saw the original Star Wars in late 70s in movie theater as a kid. :p In the very least its the coolest Star Wars thing i've seen on a compu.
Gameplay will be wowlike, perhaps bit like DA2, which was rather wowlike but better.