Trailers: Street Fighter X Tekken

swytchblayd

May 28, 2008
This is just about every fighting nerd's wet dream right here.

All we need now is a crossover with Rival Schools, Soul Caliber, and Mortal Kombat, and oh god my brain just started hurting X-x

blippity

Apr 30, 2009
Ugh really? Trailer is not too bad, but that combination doesn't seem to make a lot of sense for me.

emusega

Jan 17, 2011
Meh, the differences of game play worries me.
Street fighter has the punch or kick with different speed to damage ratios combined with undisproportionally powered super moves. Tekken on the other hand has a sofisticated assignment of keys to the respective extremeties. The special moves are not so overpowered, easier executable and blend better with the normal combat.

I don't know how well one can mix those different fighting styles.
The only thing which makes me hope for the best is the quality of the trailer which looks more serious and not so flashy like the capcom vs marvel games. If the developpers approached the game with at least the same seriousness, there might be a chance that the game will work.

dday4you

Jun 11, 2008
ok so its like quarter circle forward(ken's hadoken) vs forward down forward down (kazuya's uppercut) huh, what are the tekken people gonna do about projectiles? they dont have any -_-
lol maybe kazuya's lazer beam? also i see the juggle systems is similar to tekken's nice :)

Cali0602

Aug 3, 2008
These guys know how to make trailers. I'm not a fan of ye-olde style fighting games (or even modern fighting games) but I can never get enough of the characters and trailers for SF and Tekken.

ironduke88

Mar 20, 2010
Zhukov said:
Random question:

Does anyone know the name of the guy doing the voice of the dude covered in tar?

Because his voice sounds exactly like the guy who does Batou from Ghost in the Shell. I kept getting flashbacks to Innocence.
I knew I recognised that voice, you may be right.

Looks awesome, but I would rather they turned it into an animation series instead of a game...

Ryujisama

Sep 3, 2010
Pretty cool, but anyone wanna explain why Ryu's been having his ass handed to him alot lately? The intro to MVC3, now this? Come on, Ryu!

Frankfurter4444

Aug 11, 2009
I think it'd be really funny to get people to play Ken vs. Paul Phoenix because it'll be really hard to tell them apart.

Ken

Paul Phoenix

DAPLR

Nov 11, 2010
I've never been interested in either Tekken or Street Figther, but that trailer was so good, I want to buy it! Thats a great accomplishment!! You persuaded a guy who only knows about six people from both games COMBINED, into buying this game.
Can't wait :)