Trailers: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Demo Part 1

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
sumanoskae said:
Catchy Slogan said:
Ralen-Sharr said:
looks like they may have put some more variety in the magic system, which is good

can we not block with melee weapons? never saw him put up the weapon in defense
He did, once the second wolf charged at him.
He did?, I didn't see it.
He did, at around 2:48. He rasies his shield, the wolf lunges at him, and it gets nocked back a bit.

Granted they didn't use block for the rest of the demo.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Ralen-Sharr said:
looks like they may have put some more variety in the magic system, which is good

can we not block with melee weapons? never saw him put up the weapon in defense
Yes, but not if you are also holding a shield.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Tiger Sora said:
Dragons don't look easy to kill. Detail still beautiful the last time I saw this. I seem to remember the starting footage from afew months ago at some video game thing, name escapes me. Memory failure, lol.
I want November to roll around quicker, I'm so gona be at the store for Midnight release.
Let me a tell you a story. It is the story of november 11. You will go to the store, and buy it at midnight. I will sit in my chair. Then at midnight, I will play the game, and you will be driving home. And I will have never left my house.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
OH NOES! HE CONTRACTED ROCKJOINT!

At first I thought it said, "You have contracted Rabies."

Gromril

Sep 11, 2005
008Zulu said:
Which version is this taken from?

I'd like to see how it runs in a PC environment and the specs of the PC used to run it.
I think it might be on either a 360 or a ps3, mostly due to his mentioning of shoulder buttons.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Gromril said:
008Zulu said:
Which version is this taken from?

I'd like to see how it runs in a PC environment and the specs of the PC used to run it.
I think it might be on either a 360 or a ps3, mostly due to his mentioning of shoulder buttons.
Yeah, getting the feeling Bethesda is once again lubing up for it's PC gamers' "Special Night In."

Akexi

May 15, 2008
Ok, that footage just got me totally enamored with this game. I am totally buying it now.

smartengine

Mar 23, 2010
Their newest game skyrim? oh they mean the scrolls: skyrim...

I know those jokes aren't cool anymore...

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
and the thing that most impressed me were the water/river sounds
i'm gonna use up the rest of my free days this year just for this game
as well as a bunch of my money for a high end pc to run this

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
This November, Dev's are gonna be able to buy diamond crusted apples.

And for someone who wasn't planning to get Skyrim, to now say, want. SO BAD. WANT. is impressive.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Kytseo said:
What if you try combining two different spells? (like, say, Fire & Frost?)
That would be pretty cool. I think fire and frost might cancel each other out. Combining a water and lighting spell might work though. Has Bethesda said anything about combining two different types of spells?

C-Demo

Mar 11, 2010
This looks....disturbingly similar to some of their pre-release Oblivion "demos".

I hope Bethesda aren't blatantly lying to us again.

Supernova2000

Shivan Sympathizer
May 2, 2009
After looking at the levelling system, I take it that we won't be able to toggle between one and two-handed wielding of weapons, ala Dark Souls? And can you actually block with a weapon or - without a shield - can you only stand there, gormlessly soaking up hits?