Trailers: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Kinect Trailer

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
I don't understand... PCs have all the headset/phone functions, how come this feature can't be integrated to PC?
I WANT TO SAY FUS-RO-DAH!~ damn!

Hunter65416

Oct 22, 2010
GeneralTwinkle said:
Hunter65416 said:
GeneralTwinkle said:
This is just dumb, I don't want to shout at the tv then hear my character yell it again. And talking to your follower with "Ally, attack" sounds like you're talking to a robot, not a companion.
Good News: YOU DONT HAVE TO, People need to stop whineing, This is a rear instance when kinect actually makes a game better, especially with followers, I hate being in a dungeon where you suddenly come across a ceiling trap, you have to talk to your follower, tell them to wait, run across to the other side, turn off the trap, run back across to the start again and finally tell them to follow. Is this a good enough reason to buy kinect? No. Will this improve the game and make fiddly things you have to do quicker? Yes. Do you have to use this if you dont want to? Hell no.
What about the crazy money grabbing? This is just obnoxious, forcing you to spend 200 dollars so you can shout at your tv. It's not so much the feature, even though I think they could've done something more interesting. It's just the ridiculous pushing of kinect kinect, kinect, trying to make you spend all your money. This could be done with the xbox headset, they did it for End war, and that was ages ago.

And even then, I'm sure they could find some better way to implement kinect more then just a microphone.
Zenimax/Bethesda dont have any stake in the kinect, No matter how many kinect owners hook up their kinect with skyrim bethesda wont make a cent, With a generic mic (especially most of the xbox branded ones) the quality is absoloute garbage and would show up the feature badly, it'd likley work fine with high quality mics but some people are stupid and will immediatly get on the internet and go "wahhhh bethesda why no speech work properly". with the kinect they have some form of standard and they can optimize much more efficntly, all normal headsets will give the xbox slightly differant feedback depending on the brand and they cant optimize for everything

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Hunter65416 said:
GeneralTwinkle said:
Hunter65416 said:
GeneralTwinkle said:
This is just dumb, I don't want to shout at the tv then hear my character yell it again. And talking to your follower with "Ally, attack" sounds like you're talking to a robot, not a companion.
Good News: YOU DONT HAVE TO, People need to stop whineing, This is a rear instance when kinect actually makes a game better, especially with followers, I hate being in a dungeon where you suddenly come across a ceiling trap, you have to talk to your follower, tell them to wait, run across to the other side, turn off the trap, run back across to the start again and finally tell them to follow. Is this a good enough reason to buy kinect? No. Will this improve the game and make fiddly things you have to do quicker? Yes. Do you have to use this if you dont want to? Hell no.
What about the crazy money grabbing? This is just obnoxious, forcing you to spend 200 dollars so you can shout at your tv. It's not so much the feature, even though I think they could've done something more interesting. It's just the ridiculous pushing of kinect kinect, kinect, trying to make you spend all your money. This could be done with the xbox headset, they did it for End war, and that was ages ago.

And even then, I'm sure they could find some better way to implement kinect more then just a microphone.
Zenimax/Bethesda dont have any stake in the kinect, No matter how many kinect owners hook up their kinect with skyrim bethesda wont make a cent, With a generic mic (especially most of the xbox branded ones) the quality is absoloute garbage and would show up the feature badly, it'd likley work fine with high quality mics but some people are stupid and will immediatly get on the internet and go "wahhhh bethesda why no speech work properly". with the kinect they have some form of standard and they can optimize much more efficntly, all normal headsets will give the xbox slightly differant feedback depending on the brand and they cant optimize for everything

I don't recall that happening with end war, that worked pretty well. It was just with normal headsets, no 200$ rip off.

Hunter65416

Oct 22, 2010
GeneralTwinkle said:
Hunter65416 said:
GeneralTwinkle said:
Hunter65416 said:
GeneralTwinkle said:

I don't recall that happening with end war, that worked pretty well. It was just with normal headsets, no 200$ rip off.
It can be done but not as easily as it can be with just one standard mic, also MS probably wouldnt want people doing that because firstly they want people to buy the kinect and secondly because people use their mic to talk with other people either in or out of game.. so your somewhat right about the cash-grabbing thing but its not really about bethesda, either way its a great feature if you have a kinect and your not really missing out on much if you dont

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Stilt said:
Jove said:
Stilt said:
No one is playing skyrim anymore anyway
Probably the most idiotic comment I have ever heard this year. Congratulations, this was no easy feat.
Are you really? You must be on the slow grind, i got sick of that game after about 30 hours
I've played 150 hours so far, and I'm *still* not done with it. To each his own, Stilt, some of us are still playing and actually enjoying it, believe it or not.

I have to admit, there's a certain appeal to shouting "FUS RO DAH" to your screen...

exobook

Sep 28, 2011
so we're spending £150 on what is now basicly a mike? I don't really think this is worth it.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Hunter65416 said:
GeneralTwinkle said:
Hunter65416 said:
GeneralTwinkle said:
Hunter65416 said:
GeneralTwinkle said:

It can be done but not as easily as it can be with just one standard mic, also MS probably wouldnt want people doing that because firstly they want people to buy the kinect

Oh come on, they'd be able to do it easily. And doesn't them cutting of features for everyone else annoy you at all?

and secondly because people use their mic to talk with other people either in or out of game.. so your somewhat right about the cash-grabbing thing

It's nothing but a cash grabbing thing, there's nothing else to it

but its not really about bethesda, either way its a great feature if you have a kinect and your not really missing out on much if you dont

Yeah, a great feature, I get to shout at my tv. Sometimes it would help, but companions can generally tank the traps they set off, shouts are not used very often and if they are there's often one you switch to, and pressing LB is a lot quicker then saying it out loud.
And since when was it about bethesda? It's microsoft that are doing everything they can to sell kinect. Mass effect 3 was the same way. "The kinect lets me respond quickly". Is saying "Submachine gun!" faster, or is pressing Y?

It's this BS obnoxious moneygrabbing for stuff that's not innovative, not very helpful or immersive at all, could be done on a normal xbox headset, and indeed has before, but microsoft will no longer do that because they can milk you for 200 dollars instead.
I don't think anyone would want to spend 200 dollars to shout at their tv, but because microsoft wants more money they're shoving the kinect in your face yelling "BUY ME!"