Trailers: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - "Our Weapons" Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - "Our Weapons" Trailer

Sometimes it's all about superior firepower.

Watch Video

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Sometimes I find myself feeling a bit sorry for video game voice actors.

I mean, imagine being expected to deliver lines like that without laughing your head off.

Freechoice

Dec 6, 2010
EverythingIncredible said:
Zhukov said:
Sometimes I find myself feeling a bit sorry for video game voice actors.

I mean, imagine being expected to deliver lines like that without laughing your head off.
You kind of get used to it.

And if you're signing on to voice act anything Warhammer 40k, any voice actor worth a damn would prep themselves to say cheesy lines without laughing and kind of get in the "Warhammer 40k mode."
Like Painkiller in 3rd person. Fun as hell to play, but the story is laughably pathetic.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Before I even watched this video, I was expecting:

"Our two main weapons are fear, fear and surprise!"
"And high caliber bolter shells..."
"Our three, three weapons are..."

Etc.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Anyone else twitching in the corner waiting for this game? I rarely get worked up about a new game but this is one of those cases.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
I thought the job of halting the enemy of mankind was for the Imperial guard, then have space marine strike at the heart of what survived the rain of artillery fire.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Percutio said:
iniudan said:
I thought the job of halting the enemy of mankind was for the Imperial guard, then have space marine strike at the heart of what survived the rain of artillery fire.
I thought the job was for the imperial guard to die in mass quantities so that the Space Marines could A| Get there on time and B| Have a more suitable battlefield to fight on top of
What do do you think the imperial guard on the front line do ? Try to hold the enemy in place so the artillery can rain on thick enemy formation, while the imperial front line is most likely caught in friendly fire. And the destruction caused by the artillery is the suitable battlefield for the Space Marine, since it will have leveled most structure and vegetation.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Jodah said:
Anyone else twitching in the corner waiting for this game? I rarely get worked up about a new game but this is one of those cases.
*Twitch*

One more week... just one more week, and we get to purge the alien and kill the heretic. Up close and personal, in all the blood-soaked glory of war. :D

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
iniudan said:
What do do you think the imperial guard on the front line do ? Try to hold the enemy in place so the artillery can rain on thick enemy formation, while the imperial front line is most likely caught in friendly fire. And the destruction caused by the artillery is the suitable battlefield for the Space Marine, since it will have leveled most structure and vegetation.
The expected lifespan of your average Imperial Guard trooper, once they hit ground-side, is about 15 minutes.

Looks all the best kinds of glorious, seems it as a bit of hype to live up to.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Hero in a half shell said:
Hold on, it says 40,000 years in the future. Wouldn't that make this Warhammer 42K?
hahaha!

basically I give the same response to this that I give to the people who got all fussy about how the year 2000 wasn't the start of the new millenium. A resounding "ugggggnnnnnhhhhhh gaaaaawd" followed by a loud sigh and a slumping of the shoulders and head.

Is the tagline really worse than planet of the apes?

Planet of the apes horribleness said:
It may be our world... but its their PLANET.
sheesh. terrible.

New tagline? THIRTY EIGHT THOUSAND YEARS IN THE FUTURE....
nah.

Staskala

Sep 28, 2010
Hero in a half shell said:
Hold on, it says 40,000 years in the future. Wouldn't that make this Warhammer 42K?
Considering the Empire's amazing ability of keeping record of, well, anything, the date has probably a margin of error of +/- 10000 years anyway.
2000 years more or less aren't even worth mentioning.

megajon

Apr 6, 2010
i collect space marines and have every warhammer game ever made so how can i not get this can't wait to show them Orks whos boss and them heretic chaos who is superior, i'm pumped for this damn them imperial guards getting there ass kicked by orks and needing space marines to bail them out.

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
Jodah said:
You and me both brother-hurry the feth up September 8th!

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Corporal Yakob said:
Jodah said:
You must be in Europe eh? I get it the sixth here in the States. I plan on waiting outside the Gamestop I preordered at and exacting Holy Retribution upon anyone in front of me. The Emperor Protects!

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
Jodah said:
Corporal Yakob said:
Jodah said:
You must be in Europe eh? I get it the sixth here in the States. I plan on waiting outside the Gamestop I preordered at and exacting Holy Retribution upon anyone in front of me. The Emperor Protects!
Australia actually, I'm going to sprint all the way from my house to the local EB Games and get the game first thing on the release day-"Oh come on! Surely I deserve a discount for knowing over a dozen Imperial prayers!"

For the Emperor!