Trailers: Warhammer 40k: Space Marine - "I Am War" Cinematic Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine - "I Am War" Cinematic Trailer

Captain Titus and his Ultramarines must retake a forge world from Orks and Forces of Chaos. For the Emperor!

Watch Video

MadMechanic

Nov 6, 2009
Amazing looking trailer.
Ok, the plot doesn't come across like something from Gaunt's Ghosts or the Uriel Ventris series, but it still seems pretty interesting.

Slightly sadened by the lack of playable techmarines (ave mechina!) but the campaign, and the so far revealed multiplayer makes this game look great. Stomping around as a 7ft2 tall armour clad warrior looks exactly as I imagined it would when I first started reading 40k books and painting the models way back 11 years ago. I am very happy.
Can't wait for September the...whenever. 10th?

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I was expecting a beautiful PlasticWax trailer but sadly I got more info on the story. Not that it's a bad thing!

I should also note that there's a Blood Raven at 0:24

friedo.obrain

Jan 29, 2010
I don't like being the resident whiner but.... don't those graphics look a bit dated? I'll still give it a shot if the game's good, regardless of the graphics but one expects more in that regard a for such (relatively) high profile game

Jul 22, 2009
TheRightToArmBears said:
YES.

Eldar are the best. Everyone knows that.

This looks surprisingly good though, although it could still suck. Must see gameplay!
Yes, yes they are.

Also:

Gerhardt

May 21, 2010
That looks just so lovely. And oh look, me birthday is September 10th... I know what I'm asking for.

I know there isn't much to go on with the short trailer, but it does seem that they did a fine job with the Space Marines and their voices, making them sound like they're from a golden age roman epic.

Captcha: Easy as cake.
Silly captcha, it's easy as pie

Gasaraki

Oct 15, 2009
Meh. I haven't really bothered to check out info on this game, but the trailer just makes it look like a generic action movie. Also, not that I'm a graphics whore or anything, but some parts of the video would have made me think that this game uses Dawn of War 1's graphics engine if I had only seen a screenshot of them.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
friedo.obrain said:
I don't like being the resident whiner but.... don't those graphics look a bit dated? I'll still give it a shot if the game's good, regardless of the graphics but one expects more in that regard a for such (relatively) high profile game
I'm willing to cut Relic some slack. They aren't exactly known for their 3rd person shooter development.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Gasaraki said:
Also, not that I'm a graphics whore or anything, but some parts of the video would have made me think that this game uses Dawn of War 1's graphics engine if I had only seen a screenshot of them.
Dawn of War 1? Are you sure about that?
Dawn of War:

Space Marine:

I don't think it's going to be the "BEST GAME EVARR," but as long as it's fun to play and does the Warhammer 40k universe justice, I'll be happy.

Gasaraki

Oct 15, 2009
Neverhoodian said:
Gasaraki said:
Also, not that I'm a graphics whore or anything, but some parts of the video would have made me think that this game uses Dawn of War 1's graphics engine if I had only seen a screenshot of them.
Dawn of War 1? Are you sure about that?
Dawn of War:

Space Marine:
Yeah, upon re-examining the video I realize it might not have been the greatest representation of the game's graphics, considering it's fairly low-res.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
its weird how well that trailer seems to sync up to the song in this video
like not really fit the subject matter but... I dont know, it just seems to work in a really weird way