Transformers: Dark of the moon (New transformers Movie)

Wade-DeadPool

Oct 13, 2009
Lucane said:
Wade-DeadPool said:
Okay.. I will like this movie IF... IF the story is 90% about them and not some damn humans.
I want to see Transformers and Decipticons fight like they have never fight before.
I want to see more of the classic Decipticons and Transformers! Give me this and nobody will get hurt!

...When you say Transfromers do you mean Autobots? becuase Decepticons are Transformers too.
..yes i did mean that..

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
If it doesn't have Unicron I'm gunna be pissed. Revenge of the Fallen made no sense, so I hope they can redeem themselves a bit with this one.

Rosm101

May 18, 2009
Corpse XxX said:
I like 'splosions..

So i like both Transformer 1 and 2, i also like Megan Fox cause she sexy as hell!

I dont get all the hate for these movies, they are not suppose to win Oscars for best story, and should therefor be judged as what it is.. 'splosion time!
And explosions it does well methinks..
Oh I'm sorry but those two movies were abysmal, it's not just the stories of them that was rubbish but the whole look of the transformers is terrible and the way they transform, not to mention the fact they are sidelined from the main story- in their own movies!

The opening of the first one was amazing but they pretty much nosed dived from there and have yet to start heading back upwards

EDIT: Just watched the trailer and I don't think it even looks that interesting either

jamescorck

Jan 25, 2010
I have a soft spot for Michael Bay, though the second Transformers movie wasn't good at all it still had some entertainment value.

Besides that I am actually looking forward to this one. Megan Fox is off the map and Bay himself said he will try to keep the comedy relief characters to a minimun. As long as there are no twin robots I will be happy.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Great. Can't wait. Yet another chance for Bay to destroy the franchise with horrible acting and too much focus on humans.

That said, I'll probably end up being dragged to see it anyway.

jack583

Oct 26, 2010
Kaboose the Moose said:
Krylock said:
Kaboose the Moose said:
Not one to speculate this early but I know that Megan Fox was dropped from the threequel (which was planned from a long time now). Happy news for me at least.
Thank god. Now i can rest without her horrible acting ruining these movies.
That still leaves us with that other gremlin, Shia Labeouf!
true, but at least he has SOME good acting skills.
where as megan fox was just hired because she looked "hot".
they could have just put a sock puppet on shia labeoufs' left hand and the last two films would be just about the same if ask me.
so i just hope that they don't replace megan fox with a clone.

jack583

Oct 26, 2010
Bernzz said:
Great. Can't wait. Yet another chance for Bay to destroy the franchise with horrible acting and too much focus on humans.

That said, I'll probably end up being dragged to see it anyway.
at least this time it might be in space rather then on earth.
the action really only takes place where the robots are.
so if the humans can't follow there will be less action.
so they will have to do both in seperate places and balance them rather then run both at the same time and place.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
See, I LOVED this franchise as a child and I'm not totally keen on watching someone shit all over my childhood for a fat paycheck.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Kaboose the Moose said:
Krylock said:
Kaboose the Moose said:
Not one to speculate this early but I know that Megan Fox was dropped from the threequel (which was planned from a long time now). Happy news for me at least.
Indeed.

I liked the first one. Say what you like about Micheal bay, but his large budget backing and tendency to fling everything at a screen and hope it works means that, eventually, he comes out with an OK film just by sheer law of probability. I also liked the Rock, but, come on. That had Shaun Connery in it. As a former SAS alcatraz escapee. It couldn't have failed.

But anyway, if Steven Spielberg is backing it, then maybe it can get better. Maybe being taken under the wing of someone who actually knows how to make movies instead of just getting lucky every now and then will teach micheal bay to give the audience what they really want;

Shia Labeauf's character suffering a painful death. Please.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
They're fucking awful.

The first was so boring I turned it off after an hour and a half, which should have been it's run time, only that's about the half-fucking-way mark.

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
No matter how good the third one is, it's not going to make up for the abomination of the first two. It's a shame that such an interesting plot - the whole 'we found stuff on the other side of the moon' thing - will be wasted on such a crappy film.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
I might see this in theaters with my dad, I'm not really a fan of these movies, but my dad likes them, so it's a father-son bonding thing.

As for the movie itself, the title makes me think that at some point, Unicron will show up. Maybe he'll turn out to be the main villain, or maybe a twist somewhere at the end, but I'd put a fair amount of money on him being included in SOME capacity.

Other than that, I don't care about this movie enough to speculate on anything else.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
Azrael the Cat said:
Merkavar said:
i dont mind the tranformer movies. explosions. fighting explosions and robots. im not expecting a deep and meaningful movie from transformers, just something to stare at for 1.5 hours.

NAHTZEE said:
Kaboose the Moose said:
Krylock said:
Kaboose the Moose said:
megatron will take car of him right?

right?
is that meant to be a transformer pun? wasnt megatron a jet? :)
Megatron a jet? Megatron a JET??? A JET???????

For an oldtimer like me, that's enough to declare the whole film franchise heresy that should be outlawed and burnt.

Megatron turns into a GUN, that for some reason is more powerful than any of the other transformer's guns despite being about 50 times smaller (he turned into a handgun, while in robot mode he had a giant cannon, and all the other transformers on both sides hade huge laserguns). He's supposed to turn into the gun, which Starscream grabs mid-transformation and shoots (or Soundwave, if Starscream was on one of his take-over-the-decepticon-leadership ploys that he'd try every few episodes).

I even still have the toy from when I was a kid.

But apart from the Galvatron exception, if Megatron doesn't turn into a gun, to be fired by Starscream or Soundwave, he's not Megatron, but just some stooge pseudo-transformer character that's stolen Megatron's name!
turning into a jet makes more sense than a gun. especially a hand gun. does he turn into bullets aswell? after they have been shot does he turn back into robot form and have like an arm or leg missing cause thats where the bullets came from?

all transformers i know of go from robot to a vehicle of some sort. i still have a toy somewhere of a red transformer that turns into a jet. not sure if its a real transformer or a copycat.

but any way. turning into a gun that needs someone else to fire it is just lame.

vehicles turning into a robot and vice versa. turning into anything else isnt a transformer. i guess i can handle them turning into something like a triceratops but not an inanimate object like a gun.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
That gold bot might be sentinel prime unless they are living up to when they said WfC was canon for movies and everything else.
Wasn't shockwave supposed to be the new main villain? Or if they're teaming up, Unicron would make sense. Both of them are hard to mess up.
Glad speilberg's back on board, I liked the first one, but the second one was noticeably worse.
Maybe we can see Shockwave beating up the dinobots? Or soundwave doing something other than being a stupid satellite? I want a cassette tape damnit!

JustJeff82

Jan 4, 2011
SonicWaffle said:
Dr.A said:
SonicWaffle said:
Dr.A said:
Well that's basically the stupidest name for a movie, or any form of media, that I've ever heard.
Really? OK, this is the first to spring to mind as I mentioned it in my last post;

Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I'd take Kingdom of the Crystal Skull over Dark of the Moon any day.

So, yes. Really.
The Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Quantum of Solace (highlighted for being the definitve idiotic movie title)
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants
Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
Freddy Got Fingered

That's just off the top of my head, and almost all of them are stupider than 'Dark of the Moon'. I bet if we were to get into B-movies or foreign films, it would get worse...
How is Quantum of Solace a bad name? (Theres no "the") Quantum of Solace is a short story from Ian Fleming. It's also a quote from Your Eyes Only

VanillaBean

Feb 3, 2010
Don't know what to think considering that I thought the first one was really good, and the second one was absolute crap. I will say that knowing Miss Fox isn't in it is a little comforting.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
JustJeff82 said:
How is Quantum of Solace a bad name? (Theres no "the") Quantum of Solace is a short story from Ian Fleming. It's also a quote from Your Eyes Only
Being written by Ian Fleming doesn't make the name sound any less stupid. Remember Octopussy?

Yeah.

Rosm101

May 18, 2009
Merkavar said:
Azrael the Cat said:
Merkavar said:
i dont mind the tranformer movies. explosions. fighting explosions and robots. im not expecting a deep and meaningful movie from transformers, just something to stare at for 1.5 hours.

NAHTZEE said:
Kaboose the Moose said:
Krylock said:
Kaboose the Moose said:
megatron will take car of him right?

right?
is that meant to be a transformer pun? wasnt megatron a jet? :)
Megatron a jet? Megatron a JET??? A JET???????

For an oldtimer like me, that's enough to declare the whole film franchise heresy that should be outlawed and burnt.

Megatron turns into a GUN, that for some reason is more powerful than any of the other transformer's guns despite being about 50 times smaller (he turned into a handgun, while in robot mode he had a giant cannon, and all the other transformers on both sides hade huge laserguns). He's supposed to turn into the gun, which Starscream grabs mid-transformation and shoots (or Soundwave, if Starscream was on one of his take-over-the-decepticon-leadership ploys that he'd try every few episodes).

I even still have the toy from when I was a kid.

But apart from the Galvatron exception, if Megatron doesn't turn into a gun, to be fired by Starscream or Soundwave, he's not Megatron, but just some stooge pseudo-transformer character that's stolen Megatron's name!
turning into a jet makes more sense than a gun. especially a hand gun. does he turn into bullets aswell? after they have been shot does he turn back into robot form and have like an arm or leg missing cause thats where the bullets came from?

all transformers i know of go from robot to a vehicle of some sort. i still have a toy somewhere of a red transformer that turns into a jet. not sure if its a real transformer or a copycat.

but any way. turning into a gun that needs someone else to fire it is just lame.

vehicles turning into a robot and vice versa. turning into anything else isnt a transformer. i guess i can handle them turning into something like a triceratops but not an inanimate object like a gun.
That's a silly thing to say since all the transformers have been using guns that have no evidence of magazines or reloading. are you saying that for the past two movies we've been seeing the the transformers just shoot themselves at each other and slowly whittling themselves down?

And he doesn't just turn 'into a gun'. But into an amazing gun. That's like saying Devastator turns into 'just another robot'.

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
Corpse XxX said:
I like 'splosions..

So i like both Transformer 1 and 2, i also like Megan Fox cause she sexy as hell!

I dont get all the hate for these movies, they are not suppose to win Oscars for best story, and should therefor be judged as what it is.. 'splosion time!
And explosions it does well methinks..
I have been waiting for this movie since release day of the 2nd movie. Two minutes after I walked out of the theater I told my then-fiance that we were going to see it on release day. I knew it would happen, and I am so excited for it.