Trapped! A Survival Horror RP - Chapter 6: Have We Escaped Yet?

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
"Weapons would logically be in the armory, so we just need a map of the building," Tyler replied, looking around the lobby.

"Hey, found one!" Kelsey yelled, pointing at a large map on the wall.

JoshasorousRex

Dec 5, 2008
Will is sitting idly in the kitchen with his new 12 gauge hunting shotgun and a revolver and feeling more confident in this zombiepocalypse but when he hears barking from far away his confidence is quickly dashed . 'Oh god do we have zombie dogs now?' he thinks as he gets up. "Kayla! We may have a problem! I think I just heard some zombie dogs!"
"What??" she says as she rushes out of her room to meet him in the hallway wearing a pair of jeans and a pink t-shirt and a bright orange vest.
"Nice outfit. I especially like that vest." comments Will.
"Well you're getting one too." she says as she hand him a vest just like hers. "It's got useful stuff in it. Like food, and shotguns shells. 50 I think, and 30 .375 magnum rounds. Plus we would be easier to spot."
"By other survivors or by other zombies?" asks Will putting on the vest over his own t-shirt.
"Let's hope by other survivors. Anyways what was this about zombie dogs?"
"I swear I heard some barking a pretty fair distance away."
"Alright so we have zombie dogs then? Damn..."
"We should probably take a car. Is there one in the garage?"
"Yeah. We have to go through the back door to get to it though. I have my learners permit but.."
"Hey I just got mine too." Will told Kayla as he headed to the back door.

SimpleChimp

Jun 11, 2009
Dean Looks over "That's damned convenient. Almost like they are trying to trap us!" Dean rocks back with a little sarcastic laugh.

He flips his tomahawk, once, twice, three times, then grabs it by the handle and lets the head rest on his shoulder.

"Alright boys, Do we Scooby Do-it and split up or do you want to be wise and alive?"

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Yvonne burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry, Scooby Do-it? That's the best damn phrase I've ever heard." She stopped laughing and wiped a tear from her eye.

"Anyway, I'd rather we stuck together, unless we find a way to stay in contact with each other."

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
Eric chuckled.

"We should stay together. Not like we have any plans other than raiding the armory and running."

Good night guys.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
Shadedblade, sorry if you're still in the RP, but I've waited days for a reply, so I'm going to move on, if you don't mind.

Rob took a deep breath to steady his heart, then straightened. "Alright... If we-"

The floor cracked loudly beneath his feet before caving inwards. Before he had a chance to react, he was already falling to the floor below, and the floor below that. At last he fell on his feet and collapsed to the ground. He sat still for a moment, before uttering a quiet groan. "That... was incredibly unfair," he moaned, sitting upright. His shovel lay nearby, and he swiftly reclaimed it.

His gaze drifted upwards, staring at the hole he had fallen through. Two floors... And I'm pretty lightweight! Maybe this building is unstable? Whatever the case, Rob rose to his feet, feeling very fortunate that nothing was broken. He continued to look upwards until he heard a voice groan that wasn't his own.

Oh... shit! He had landed on the ground floor, in a small apartment room kitchen. He could hear feet dragging near the doorway. Running to a street-facing window, Rob stabbed at the glass with his shovel, climbed up into the shallow sink and squeezed his way through, nicking his leg on a shard of glass in the process. The moment his feet touched grass outside, he bolted into the road on an abandoned street.

A car approached to the left, headlights blazing. Rob waved, hoping to slow them down- but to the opposite effect. The car gained speed, a look of fright on the womans' face behind the wheel. She thinks I'm a zombie, too?! Rob dived to the side, narrowly avoiding collision for the second time that day. As the woman sped off into the distance, Rob sat upright, beginning to feel the pain on his thigh from the glass. Brilliant... Just fucking brilliant! Now what?

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
"Yeah, there's no reason to split up," Tyler added. "I'll take point, and hopefully we find some goodies in there."

Shadedblade

Mar 15, 2009
Aqualung said:
Nice timing. :p By the way, my character gave you his name, shall I just assume you gave me yours, too, or no?

"Well," said Rob slowly, "it seems quiet enough in here. We could make our way upstairs, see if there's anyone left in the building?" He rest the shovel against his shoulder, and noticing a flash of darkness on his white sleeve, turned his head to look beneath his arm.

Blood from the zombie he had beaten earlier had stained the underside of his sleeve, which was rolled up to the elbow. It had also begun to dry against his arm, dark and oozing. The metallic scent wafted upwards, and Rob felt a dizzying rush throughout his body. His vision blurred a moment and he saw stars. Leaning against a nearby counter, he lowered the shovel and took a deep breath.

"God... I hate the smell of blood." He shut his eyes tight a moment, and when he opened them, glanced around the room once more, which seemed darker than before.

"Right.. Stairs down that hallway, I think.. What d'you reckon? It's either up, or the streets."
Sure, yeah i introduced myself then. By the way, if I don't post for a while, feel free to kill me off or have someone post for me while I'm gone. I've been pretty busy the last week or so.
James jumped down carefully to where his partner was, and examined his wounds. He then applied a cleanser that he pulled from his jacket pocket. His partner cried out in pain. "We need to go, and fast!" James whispered, hearing footsteps coming towards them. He held out his hand...

MasterStratus

Oct 19, 2008
<spoiler=OOC>Yeah, sorry about not posting for a while, school work is taking over.

"Splitting up seems kinda pointless. It'll just get us killed." Kevin stated.
"I'm hoping that I can find a nice shotgun. It'll make for a great trophy."

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
"Yeah... Okay," Rob grunted, taking James' hand and, with his support, stood. His leg stung, but luckily it was more painful than it was fatal. "This street is way too quiet. We should get indoors somewhere, but.. Where?"

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
"I wouldn't mind an assault rifle, but any kind of gun would help, really," Tyler said, guiding the group down the halls to the hopefully unlocked weapons room.

SimpleChimp

Jun 11, 2009
Dean Marched next to the President's daughter with his tomahawk at the ready, his ever aware eyes darting from shadow to shadow. He heard his boot heels sound of the floor and echo down the hall.

"Not to be cliche' or anything. But it is to quite." He looked around "Keep your eyes open guys"

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
"It's not like we have our eyes shut, bumping off the walls is it." Yvonne said to Dean, smiling.

They walked up to a big double door labeled "Armory".

SimpleChimp

Jun 11, 2009
"Convenient Labeling, Do you guys now how to stack a door?" He looked around at the group

"Basically get on the sides of the door, i'll try to kick it in then we roll into the room spreading to the left and right. Military Style."

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
"Wouldn't that be pretty much useless as we only have melee weapons? We'd have no advantage of fields of fire because we have nothing TO fire."

SimpleChimp

Jun 11, 2009
"But it means we do not clutter the door. Especially if their are jumpy survivors in there with things to fire. Its just as offensive as it is defensive.

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
"Yeah, we don't clutter, we just roll in after kicking the door down. No way THAT could startle someone."

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
As members of the group argued, Tyler and Kelsey walked up to the door. Glancing at each other, Kelsey raised her hand and knocked.

"Hey, is anyone in there?" she asked.