Treyarch Boss Claims Black Ops Problems Limited to Just a Few Players

Autofaux

Aug 31, 2009
I already traded in Black Ops on the PS3. Got tired of being told I was signed out of the PSN when I sure as hell know I wasn't mid-game.

Preordered Pokemon Black with the store credit I got.

Layzor

Feb 18, 2009
Lies lies from tiny eyes.

I've played it in loads of places and it's worse than CoD4 used to be.

sunburst

Media Snob
Mar 19, 2010
I'm kinda glad Black Ops is such a shoddy product. It makes me appreciate MW2 more. Sure the story went from 0 to ridiculous in record time and the multiplayer perks were balanced as an elephant and a mouse riding the sea-saw, but at least it was polished and put together nicely. It being the fastest-selling game of all time doesn't seem so bad when its usurper is this rushed, buggy and unpolished. Well done, Treyarch.

WanderFreak said:
It's almost like gamers are hypocrites.
Dunno if there was a useless petition about it but everyone and their grandma and their grandma's cat complained about bugs in New Vegas. I'd go so far as to say that the bugs were easily the most talked about aspect of the entire New Vegas experience by an absurdly large margin.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
I'm glad I only paid $18 for this game. Anything over $20 is completely not worth it.

I don't care what Labia says, there are message boards of youtube videos full of posts from tons of people, all experiencing the SAME PROBLEMS. No matter how diligently their QA team are supposedly working, they still haven't fixed some obvious problems.

For instance, every time I open the server browser for the first time, the game freezes for a solid 2 minutes. It lasted so long that initially I thought the game crashed and I restarted. I only found out it was a freeze, not a crash, after deciding to wait very patiently to see if anything happened. In addition to that, the first time I connect to ANY match, I get a Steam Disconnect error (maybe this is for Steam QA though). So basically, it takes me like 10 minutes just to get in to my first match. Which is lots of fun I have to tell you.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Corpse XxX said:
This is what it always comes down to..

People always focus on the negative sides of things.. Cause it is so much more easy to show anger than appreciation..

Except for New Vegas: That game was broken :p
The experience was broken for a lot of people. When you get FPS lags or consistently poor performance then there is nothing to appreciate about the game. People have shown the most important appreciation they can by simply purchasing the product. And that is the part that really screwed them over, they bought a product that ended up not working, even though it worked fine on their friends system. How is the right?

Also, New Vegas worked great for me. Sure, there was a few little things that didn't work right, but they fixed them soon enough. Blops has yet to be fixed from it's game breaking bugs.

OT: More defending what's wrong? How many times is this going to happen? Stop talking about the problems and how YOU think they are ok. And just work on fixing them. I swear to god, I think Tryach needs to clean house and get rid of guys like this. They just look bad.

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
I bought Medal of Honour and then Black Ops. Two very dumb moves in a very short time...I should be put down.

Autofaux

Aug 31, 2009
WanderFreak said:
Yeah, how many of those 18,000 petition signers are just signing it because "BOO ACTIVISION IS TEH DEVILZ!"

I notice there wasn't a petition for shit like Fallout New Vegas. Funny how the attitude changes depending on the game.

It's more like gamers are goldfish.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
This is a tiny portion of the total number of people who bought the game, but it's still enough to fill a small town.
You also have to remember the gamers who encounter bugs/glitches/issues but don't bother with creating a forum account and making a detailed post...

Also, assuming it was 18,000 new purchases/pre-orders...that amounts to almost 1 million dollars

9Darksoul6

Jul 12, 2010
Next time, they should invest more money into better development and less in QA teams.
It would be way more efficient that way.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I was having issues with targeting people on the xbox version but replacing my router/ modem solved the problem.

9Darksoul6

Jul 12, 2010
MaxPowers666 said:
WanderFreak said:
Yeah, how many of those 18,000 petition signers are just signing it because "BOO ACTIVISION IS TEH DEVILZ!"
I notice there wasn't a petition for shit like Fallout New Vegas. Funny how the attitude changes depending on the game.

Thats just the way gamers are. I was actually thinking something pretty similar when I first read that. I was going under the assumption that alot of them said hey sweet a petition mabey we can score an extra $60.
It's not like New Vegas is selling as well as Black Ops either.
People don't get pissed off with Obsidian, as they do with Activision, because they've always made buggy and mediocre games and seem to keep trying to make better ones; the exact opposite is happing with the Cod franchise, and that pisses people off.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Corpse XxX said:
This is what it always comes down to..

People always focus on the negative sides of things.. Cause it is so much more easy to show anger than appreciation..

Except for New Vegas: That game was broken :p
Pot, meet kettle.

Gizmo007666

Nov 12, 2009
WanderFreak said:

Thing is Fallout New Vegas is pretty much a massive game so I take freezes as a kinda side effect of trying to do too much at once, Black Ops on the other hand is small/medium size in comparison but manages to freeze up in the menu when there isn't a great deal of strain on the system. Plus the fact that this is Treyarch's 3rd game on this generation of consoles and at this stage they really should know how to code them to a certain level.

Although have to admit that my knowledge of the games relates to Black Ops from launch but F:NV only since christmas and therefore after the "major" patch.

oneshotfinchy

May 10, 2009
Black Ops has way more people playing (and therefore breaking) it. I have well over two dozen friends who play Black Ops on the PS3 every night and we only had problems on launch day.

Almost everybody I know who has played New Vegas has encountered some sort of problem.

Throwitawaynow

Aug 29, 2010
I've recently seen a bunch of people with new accounts and a 1 bar latency going to Blops for xbox 360 ruining the entire match. Treyarch can't do anything about it, but it sucks.

TWizzle09

Nov 24, 2010
oneshotfinchy said:
Black Ops has way more people playing (and therefore breaking) it. I have well over two dozen friends who play Black Ops on the PS3 every night and we only had problems on launch day.

Almost everybody I know who has played New Vegas has encountered some sort of problem.
Uhh breaking what? Servers? They don't have servers, only P2P connections, so that shouldn't matter much. BO has a bad net code. Put that with the fact that they clearly didn't bother to test the PS3 or PC version after they ported it and you have a bad game like BO.

The guy from Treyarch is just trying to cover them. Firstly, sayings its a low % of people is wrong. He wont know the exact amount. Most people don't bother making accounts on forum, or even know whats wrong to complain. For most, this might be their first Cod. So they wouldn't have anything to compare to like MW2/W@W/CoD4 since they never played them, and they will just think the game is good. Then you have the people who will just play through the bad stuff because their friends do it.

For me after playing 1 1/2 months of BO since release, my PS3 died, and many others. That game clearly isn't programmed correctly for PS3, causing it to overheat and freeze a lot. Anyone who knows anything about electronics knows that if something overheats, it can damage hardware.

Since I had to buy a new PS3, I have yet to play BO, and will never put it in my new PS3. Playing that game isn't worth it.

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
WanderFreak said:

People expect Fallout New Vegus to be buggy due to developers history, therefore people don't like bug wouldn't buy it in the first place.
They don't expect a CoD to be that buggy.
The higher your hope is the harder you fall.