Treyarch is "100% Call of Duty"

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
I liked WaW more than I like MW2, I'm hoping Black Ops will be the best so far. Sticky X-Bow's FTW!

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
shotgunbob said:
Acidwell said:
Wow so now they might actually make a new game instead of modding infinity ward games into older time periods.

And you wouldn't use the best game engine and online system made at that point for your FPS project?
I would but then again i'm not a professional games developer. Also it wasn't anywhere near the best game engine even at the time.
Most mods are free and to charge full price for waw was stupid since it changed nothing except the skins and the single player. It was world war 2 modern warfare and it was a pointless game designed to get as much money as possible for the least amount of effort and it worked. Treyarch have no creativity at all.

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
SextusMaximus said:
ShadowKirby said:
Aren't there like 5 studios under Activision that are "100% Call of Duty" right now?
No... just Treyarch.

Where have you been?
I think he's refering to the different developers that are supposedly "taking on" the MW franchise. Who did they finally decide on?

aaronmcc

Oct 18, 2008
Honestly, I think this game is going to be epic. The news circulating about the plot is immense. Sounds like a winner to me no matter how preposterous.

shotgunbob

Mar 24, 2009
Acidwell said:
shotgunbob said:
Acidwell said:
Wow so now they might actually make a new game instead of modding infinity ward games into older time periods.

And you wouldn't use the best game engine and online system made at that point for your FPS project?
I would but then again i'm not a professional games developer. Also it wasn't anywhere near the best game engine even at the time.
Most mods are free and to charge full price for waw was stupid since it changed nothing except the skins and the single player. It was world war 2 modern warfare and it was a pointless game designed to get as much money as possible for the least amount of effort and it worked. Treyarch have no creativity at all.

And Modern Warfare 2 wasn't designed to get as much money as possible ether?

World at War was still a great game IMO but the point of publishing video games is to make money.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
That's very good that they're focusing on Call of Duty. Besides, they made the best Call of Duty game in the series. Hopefully this one does well.

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
shotgunbob said:
Acidwell said:
shotgunbob said:
Acidwell said:

World at War was still a great game IMO but the point of publishing video games is to make money.
Yeah but mw2 had work in it it had a differentish engine, it had a new multiplayer game and a few other changes.

shotgunbob

Mar 24, 2009
Acidwell said:
shotgunbob said:
Acidwell said:
shotgunbob said:
Acidwell said:

Yeah but mw2 had work in it it had a differentish engine, it had a new multiplayer game and a few other changes.

Saying a game is just a mod for a few new skins and changes isnt much of a defence when defending a game running on the same engine that was barely modified with 1 new game mode.

But earlier you said if you had to make a CoD sequel you would use the CoD4 engine, how would yours not just be a mod of CoD4?

On a seperate note if a game uses the same engine and that makes it a mod somehow shouldn't all games using the same engine just be mods of the original game on that engine according to your argument?

I mean Portal used a ton of resources from Half Life and other Valve sources and it could be considered a mod of Half Life but everyone here still says its a great game and it was, so my question is how does the engine affect a games creativity?

Skeleton Jelly

Nov 1, 2009
If Treyarch can actually add new stuff to Black Ops, then it'd be great. I mean, really. They didn't add much in WaW. It was basically MW1 in every aspect, except with a WW2 skin. Oh, and flamethrowers.

At least Mw2 added a new perk system, and the new killstreaks (which actually greatly changes online gameplay). Hell they even added more attachments. And Waw basically just COPIED THE SAME ATTACHMENTS FROM MW1.

Withard

Feb 4, 2010
I preferred WaW to MW1 + 2. Black Op's sniffed off Vietnam which is one war I would really like to see get more coverage than the obsession with this "Modern" combat.

Modern meaning M4's with lots of stuff attached to them.

Anyway im actually excited to see Medal Of Honour take back the throne with their "Modern" setting shooter which actually looks to wee on MW1+2 from a great height.