Treyarch Releases Major COD: Black Ops Patch

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
John Funk said:
thefreeman0001 said:
sigh how many patches is this for the consoles versions of this game? the pc one is being left in the dust!
Actually, from what I can tell the PC version has received more updates than either 360 or PS3, because Treyarch doesn't need to have the updates approved by Microsoft or Sony.
Wrong. If you check the forums there are numerous more patches for 360/PS3.

PC
http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=313146&sid=1c1jhnalv998rvq7hnedjvckq3

PS3
http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=313365&sid=1c1jhnalv998rvq7hnedjvckq3

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=313362&sid=1c1jhnalv998rvq7hnedjvckq3

Oh and the patches that were out for PC barely made the game playable for some and made it even worse than before for others. Hell to even be able to play I have to disable my sound and turn up AA up to 8x/16x.

Pielikey

Jul 31, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
I long for the days when developers didn't need post-release patches.

When games were running smoothly on release.
Keep in mind with new technology comes new shit we haven't learned to fix the very first try yet. Things like bumpmaps, HDR, ragdolls and particle effects, and much more mean that keeping reasonable release dates and testing games becomes much more challenging.

Plus, if you've never played a PS2 game without it's share of glitches here and there, you clearly never owned a PS2.

TastySurvivor

Vault-Tec Beat Writer
Jun 14, 2010
Wheres my patch that allows me to customize my local multiplayer matches? not coming ever i bet

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Pielikey said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I long for the days when developers didn't need post-release patches.

When games were running smoothly on release.
Keep in mind with new technology comes new shit we haven't learned to fix the very first try yet. Things like bumpmaps, HDR, ragdolls and particle effects, and much more mean that keeping reasonable release dates and testing games becomes much more challenging.

Plus, if you've never played a PS2 game without it's share of glitches here and there, you clearly never owned a PS2.
Nah, there were bugs all over the place back in NES tittles, we just didn't know or understand them back then. Seriously, there was no mythical golden age of bugless games that we've since been cast out of.
TaboriHK said:
Starke said:
TaboriHK said:
Starke said:
Lacsapix said:
Ubisoft and Obsidian might learn something here.....
What are you even talking about?
He's talking about New Vegas.
Yeah, except ubisoft had nothing to do with that.
I'm presuming in this case Ubisoft released a separate but also buggy game.
Yes, but without articulation how are we to know, hence "What are you even talking about?"

Honestly though, Obsidian's been pretty good about patching bugs when their publishers let them.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
Damn, they've nerfed hardline pro.
I loved exploiting that; I'd call in a sam turret at 3 kills, change it, and I'd sometimes end up with a chopper gunner or something.
But it looks as though they're fixing spawns and reducing the knife lunge, so that's all good then.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
Well thats cool.

Now they just need to nerf the 74u, the FAMAS, the Galil, Claymores, the RC car, the Chopper Gunner, buff the Valkyrie Rockets, the pistols, the shotguns, most of the SMG's, fix the spawning, fix the host migration, educate people on how to not be a ***** on zombies...

Nah in all seriousness Black Ops is one of the most balanced MP games I've played, but seriously though, zombies is now unfortunately more fun by yourself most the time. Unless you can get some friends together or something without someone going 'Hay gueazz, I haZ AW3suM 1d3A!!!'

...The alternative of which NEVER HAPPENS.

xpk3

bronies unite!
Aug 26, 2009
According to my brother (and what I read on the CoD:BO forum), the patch has made it very difficult to find and join matches.

Edit: It seems to be mainly on the PS3, not sure if its happening on the 360.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I played a good amount of Black Ops today and I was the victim of some pretty ridiculous knife lunges and bad spawning :/