Trying to drink myself into oblivion.

Orbot_Vectorman

Cleaning trash since 1990
May 11, 2009
Hello fellow Escapist's how are you all doing?

I'm feeling a bit down and I'm looking to drink enough alcohol to send myself into oblivion. So does anyone out here have any suggestions to help me along that path?

[Edit] Also, any sad/ depressing songs will do nicely. thank you.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
How about instead, you go out and buy yourself a copy of Kingdom Hearts and revel in its joyous glow?

Seriously though, what's going on?

Orbot_Vectorman

Cleaning trash since 1990
May 11, 2009
Voulan said:
How about instead, you go out and buy yourself a copy of Kingdom Hearts and revel in its joyous glow?

In all honesty, loneliness and the fact I'm failing at most parts of life.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Hard liquor, beer would take too long.
Here's some music to go with it.
EDIT:
I feel compelled to leave one positive song as well.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Orbot_Vectorman said:
If it helps, one of the only philosophies I actually like is that nothing is ever as bad as it seems. I have no idea how old you are, but I'm sure that you can still achieve something in life - especially if you're young, in which I can then say that your life has barely begun yet, and you have to give yourself time. These are just empty words on an internet forum, but its something at least.

And don't drink, it only prolongs your sadness, and also adds a hell of a hangover or even alcohol poisoning if you go too far. Maybe have a nice cup of tea?

nomzy

Jan 29, 2010
I'd tell you not to drink, but that'd make me a hypocrite.
As long you know it's certainly not healthy, but it's your choice.

Not all that depressing but relevant I think

I'll think of some more one the way home and then post 'em. This post probably says a lot about me >.>
As for whether or not these songs are all that depressing is up to you I suppose. /shrug

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Mix Red Kola and lager together and buckle up for some awesome taste explosion. Or Frosty Jacks that'll get you smashed in no time.

If the line "Feeling like a leper in a world of vanity" isn't depressing I don't know what is.

Aug 31, 2012
Total LOLige said:
Or Frosty Jacks that'll get you smashed in no time.
NNNNNOOOOOooooooOOOOOoooo!!!! That is the worst piece of advice anyone has ever given, he said oblivion, not eternal damnation.

On a slightly more serious note, if you must try to drown your sorrows, why not go out to a pub or bar or whatever they have where you live. That way you might actually meet some people and take care of the loneliness part of the problem, sitting inside getting smashed is just digging a bigger hole.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Orbot_Vectorman said:

I'm feeling a bit down and I'm looking to drink enough alcohol to send myself into oblivion. So does anyone out here have any suggestions to help me along that path?

What helps me out is the idea that in the grand scheme of things nothing you do will have any meaning. It won't even be a footnote in the history of the human race (most likely), and the history of the human race won't matter in the ever expanding universe.

Now, with that knowledge you can think "then what's the point in trying to do anything?" but it also works to lessen the sting of failure a bit and helps you feel better about yourself, and from there you can pick yourself back up again.

ChanTheNoob

Dec 6, 2011
Vodka shots should do the trick, but really, you should just talk to friends and family about whatever's bothering you, it could help to vent your thoughts and feelings to.

Reeve

Feb 8, 2013
Look at it this way: At least you're not living somewhere in the middle of Syria right now. :D

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
If you want a properly gloomy song, I recommend this one:

But seriously, everyone has days like this. There's always an option, even if it isn't immediately obvious. Have a tumbler of whisky and then go to bed.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
I'd recommend some Ben & Jerry's, usually cheers me up a lot faster than booze. That and pictures of kittehs on teh intarwebz.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Orbot_Vectorman said:

Voulan's right. I've tried that drinking myself into Oblivion thing a couple of times and believe me, it does absolutely nothing but make you feel worse, both physically and emotionally. If you want to do something destructive, get a punching bag, or something easily stabbable* and something to stab it with, and go to town on it. You probably won't feel much better, but you're unlikely to feel worse, and the repetitive action might even dull your mind better than alcohol.

*Not a person or animal, I hope that goes without saying.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
Orbot_Vectorman said:
Voulan said:

I'll drink to that bro! And, in fact, I already have, whilst re-watching the first season of Lost. Welcome to the Failing at Life club.

Henrik Knudsen

Apr 15, 2013
Music, "Joy Division", they're not as joyous as the name implies. Sample

Alcohol, Vodka and some juice with several flavors. It goes down like water.

Enjoy.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Orbot_Vectorman said:
Voulan said:

No.

Stand up, and kick all of them to the ground. Pardon me for being blunt, but this attitude will only make you feel depressed as you'll start to believe it, which is not good. At all. I highly recommend you go do the positive route as alcohol isn't going to help a damn thing.

Negativity isn't going to help. I highly recommend that you just go positive and return to your normal routine. Alcohol in this case is not the solution. I've got no problem if you drink, but doing this is... too much.

romxxii

Feb 18, 2010
Don't drink alone; that's reserved for when you're just trying to relax. Depression drinking should be done with a friend, someone you can ramble off to.

That said, use strong beers such as malt liquors. They don't get you drunk too fast, giving you enough time to be chatty and pour out your problems.

Also,
Voulan said:
Orbot_Vectorman said:

If it helps, one of the only philosophies I actually like is that nothing is ever as bad as it seems. I have no idea how old you are, but I'm sure that you can still achieve something in life - especially if you're young, in which I can then say that your life has barely begun yet, and you have to give yourself time. These are just empty words on an internet forum, but its something at least.
Emphasized for truth. Man, you're able to get on the Internet. That means that at least the bills are getting paid, yes? So chin up and keep a stiff upper lip. It's never as horrible as you think it is, unless you're a kid living in the slums of a third world nation, facing off against a bunch of armed street thugs with your back to the wall.