Turkish Soccer Fans Unfurl World's Biggest Trollface

Mar 20, 2010
My hometown (Eskişehir) is featured in the Escapist. I will live the rest of my days as a happy man...

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Maybe there should be different spellings of Football for Americans and Europeans.

I'm thinking FOOTBAAAAAALL for the Americans, in caps of course seeing as they usually shout it anyway.

On topic: That is actually amazing, Turkish Football fans never cease to amaze me, ever.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
To everyone clueing me in on the origin of the term "soccer", thank you! You guys are really cool. :)

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Troooolllll lol lo lo lol lol lol lolllllllll ohhh lol ohh lol lo ohhh lol lol lo lo lo lol oh lol ohh lol lol lol!!!!

I love their chant. Turkey just served the world, an odd reversal don't you think? Problem?

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
Xan Krieger said:
or perhaps you should get a warning for a low content post.
low content? HE WROTE THE DAMN ARTICLE.

on topic: this is very nice indeed.
wish more people would do that XD
Oh, also: "football" > "soccer", metric > Imperial, PS3 > 360, Mac > PC...
(ok, I lied on that last part [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/2516-Every-OS-Sucks])

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Tubez said:
Imp Emissary said:
Andy Chalk said:
......What?

Please forgive my lack of information. I have been "in" the internet for a good few years now, but I have tried to "avoid" learning/using internet "language" other then what is most needed/ unavoidable.

So, what does......that/those (words?) mean?
It means Serious business

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-internet-is-serious-business
Oh, okay. Thanks pal. Especially for including the origin of it.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Rainforce said:
Xan Krieger said:
or perhaps you should get a warning for a low content post.
low content? HE WROTE THE DAMN ARTICLE.

on topic: this is very nice indeed.
wish more people would do that XD
Oh, also: "football" > "soccer", metric > Imperial, PS3 > 360, Mac > PC...
(ok, I lied on that last part [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/2516-Every-OS-Sucks])
I'm talking about the post where he just said "SRS BSNS
" and that's it. That's a very low content post.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
I don't understand the people who are calling this 'Epic'. Flares were banned because they were incredibly dangerous...so OBVIOUSLY the thing to do here is light a bunch of them at the same time. These are the people I want as a part of functioning society.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Pssh, look at this nonsense. Everyone knows Hockey is the sport of real men. It's a sport so manly it makes it's fans grow giant beards. Soccer and Football just make them yell about like sissies and apply paints to their body in a pretense of putting on their war attire.

Also, excellent trollface, Turkey. I ain't even mad, bro.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
ivc392 said:
Everybody calls it "football" everywhere, not only in Turkey or Europe. This is, mainly, because it IS football, you have a ball and you have to kick it, with your foot. Seriously, it's not that hard....

The only part of the planet where it's called soccer in the US (& Canada apparently... and poorly translated Japanese games). The only country in the world that doesn't like real football. They have American football. Here you run with this egg-shaped ball in your arms at all times, except in this one special occasion where a designated player can kick it once...

Mhh.... sounds a lot like rugby....
Except anyone can kick it in rugby, and in rugby people end up missing ears.

Football fans are the best in the world, any game you go on will have at least some banter, and this is top of the tree.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
Taluien said:
Excuse me, but us Europeans call Football Football. You Americans insinst on calling Handegg Football and Football Soccer, which is absolutely bananas.

Edit: This is Serious Business, which means I will enjoy joking about it.
You know, I've always wondered where the hell we got the word "soccer" from. I mean, calling it "football" makes perfect sense, and I get that we people who are better at sports had to it call something different so as to avoid confusion with our vastly superior athletic pasttime, but where the hell did we get "soccer"?
I want to know where you got "Football" from for American Football. You know, because it's not really a game played with the feet so much as the hands instead.

Aug 25, 2009
Oh football in America. A bunch of wimps get dressed up in forty pounds of padding to play rugby. Over here in actually-naming-things-correctly England we play football with our feet and when we tackle people we do it by ramming our shoulder bones as hard as we can into someone elses midriff.

Try it sometime America.

Findlebob

Mar 24, 2011
It isnt as insane as you think lighting the flares under the sheet. They had holes to put the flares through.