Turn in your man card

SleepingDragon

Mar 26, 2011
This topic is inspired by a thread I found on The Spoony Experiment forums. Most men have certain qualities or interests which might not be considered "manly" by their culture. I thought it would be interesting for the male members of this forum to have a discussion about our non manly guilty pleasures and the like.

I don't like sports. Sports movies are okay because the characters give me a reason to care who wins.

I have no interest in cars.

I consider myself a bit of a feminist. Always been a sucker for action girl characters.

I liked Sailor Moon when i was a kid. Black moon was my favorite story arc.

I've performed in many theatrical productions in high school (people consider that gay for some reason).

Don't drink and I don't plan on ever doing it.

I've never had a girlfriend.

I want to wait until I'm married before I have sex.

I like a good love story.

I can still enjoy Backstreet Boys and Nsync. I'm was a fan when I was a kid some nostalgia from time to time can be fun.

I'm the sensitive type and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm not a competitive person

I like to talk about my problems and feelings

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I have many of the same characteristics, with a few differences though, like the bits about sailor moon, performing, and talking about my feelings part.

D.J. D.J.

Oct 12, 2010
My biggest non manly guilty pleasure is My Little Pony, but other than that I just don't like sports.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I enjoy pop music almost as much as I do metal and in many situations I would prefer to listen to a pop song over a metal one. I also cannot stand many, many action films out there, including the entire Mad Max trilogy.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
SleepingDragon said:
This topic is inspired by a thread I found on The Spoony Experiment forums. Most men have certain qualities or interests which might not be considered "manly" by their culture. I thought it would be interesting for the male members of this forum to have a discussion about our non manly guilty pleasures and the like.

I don't like sports. Sports movies are okay because the characters give me a reason to care who wins.

I have no interest in cars.

I consider myself a bit of a feminist. Always been a sucker for action girl characters.

I liked Sailor Moon when i was a kid. Black moon was my favorite story arc.

I've performed in many theatrical productions in high school (people consider that gay for some reason).

Don't drink and I don't plan on ever doing it.

I want to wait until I'm married before I have sex.

I like a good love story.

I can still enjoy Backstreet Boys and Nsync. I'm was a fan when I was a kid some nostalgia from time to time can be fun.

I'm the sensitive type and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm not a competitive person

I like to talk about my problems and feelings
with the exceptions of the boy bands id say your normal.

my biggest non manly pressure is.....um....shit i have to think......
i kinda like "Owl City"...thats all i can honestly come up with....

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009

I've never had sex.

I cry when characters I like die in books and movies.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
yeah, I don't think I'd be considered a Man.

I haven't had a girlfriend
Never had any alcohol
Never smoked anything or taken any drugs
The only sport I have even a slight interest in is Tennis
I think MLP: FiM is awesome
Can't grow any facial hair for shit.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
DJDarque said:

I've never had sex.

I cry when characters I like die in books and movies.
And you have Fluttershy as your avatar? In the shape of a heart...?

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
I have never been interested in sports or cars.

I'm also emotional, which apparently is "girly".

Some Fella1

Jul 24, 2009
Apart from liking Sailor Moon and Backstreet boys, I really don't see much wrong with your list of "unmanly" qualities. I applaud people who have the tolerance for theatre, I've tried, but I'm better suited for backstage.

As for my "unmanly" qualities, I have a thing for jewellery. The bigger the gemstone and shinier the gold the more I want it. I won't wear it, but I'll want it then and there more than anything until I know it's gone, beyond my reach.
I'll chase girls, but the moment they hit on me I'll suddenly lose interest and turn my attention and begin hitting on the the person who least wants it, which is typically a male. Don't know why, maybe I'm destined to become a rapist or something if I ever want a woman in my life...

This is also the part where I remember I didn't mind the Backstreet boys that much either...

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
I've worn a light blue dress...with a humungous square dance petticoat... with white pantyhose... on purpose... three times in the last half year (see profile pic). And will do SO AGAIN THIS SUMMER when I go to ANIME FESTIVAL WICHITA 7! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I'm also a sucker for girlish cuteness as well. I like to coo over kittens and puppies and chibis on deviantART, and all that other jazz. I've also like MLP FIM. I've also watched 2 seasons of Sailor Moon, the whole of Azumanga Daioh, and Lucky Star.
I also act kind of girly at times. I also do a really eerie impression of a little girl.

Lightning Delight

Apr 21, 2011
I love and have performed in musicals before. They are awesome, and I don't care if they're unmanly. And I too care not for sports or cars. And I still have stuffed animals that I keep in my bed and sleep with.

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
Yeah, the My Little Pony wave should be expected in this thread.

Other than that, basically everything the OP said, excluding the boy bands, and the lack of interest in cars, sports, and competition.

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
I actually think I'm opposite of you in almost all those ways except I'm in college for theatre and I do watch anime from time to time XD

Anaklusmos

Jun 1, 2010
I like My Little Pony
I don't drink beer, I can drink vodka or whisky, but beer is something that makes me hurl
I have no interest in sports, except for e-sports
I don't really care about cars
I have basic DIY skills
My physical strength is pretty low, I am quite weak
I like puzzles

I guess that's everything.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
I like a few music artists that aren't 'manly'. Anastacia is one, listening to it right now x3

I'm sure there's more, can't think of it right now though.