Turn in your man card

SleepingDragon

Mar 26, 2011
Gromril said:
SleepingDragon said:
This topic is inspired by a thread I found on The Spoony Experiment forums. Most men have certain qualities or interests which might not be considered "manly" by their culture. I thought it would be interesting for the male members of this forum to have a discussion about our non manly guilty pleasures and the like.

I don't like sports. Sports movies are okay because the characters give me a reason to care who wins.

I have no interest in cars.

I consider myself a bit of a feminist. Always been a sucker for action girl characters.

I liked Sailor Moon when i was a kid. Black moon was my favorite story arc.

I've performed in many theatrical productions in high school (people consider that gay for some reason).

Don't drink and I don't plan on ever doing it.

I've never had a girlfriend.

I want to wait until I'm married before I have sex.

I like a good love story.

I can still enjoy Backstreet Boys and Nsync. I'm was a fan when I was a kid some nostalgia from time to time can be fun.

I'm the sensitive type and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm not a competitive person

I like to talk about my problems and feelings
Get a woman and/or grow up and have your face smashed repeatedly on the anvil of life and then we'll talk.

Iv'e known blokes who are all sensitive like, then they grow up a little. Not saying you will suddenly wake up after a shitty day and buy a Birmingham city season ticket, just saying these discussions are best left for when your personality is settled.

Oh and if I misread the (albeit subtle) teen angst in your post I apologize, and this statement I for those of you who do lurk here, posting threads about how you just don't fit in.
Once again I will reiterate.

SleepingDragon said:
Just to clarify some things. In never intended for this topic to be taken seriously. A few people have made posts to the effect of I don't need a man card or Nobody can tell me what is manly or isn't. This is something I would agree with. I don't particularly hide anything on my list in public. The point of this thread was to have a laugh. Also, I really need to check out My Little Pony based on everyone's recommendations. I've enjoyed GI Joe Renegades and Transformers Prime son I guess The Hub is the best place for good cartoons now.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
Apart from the standard stuff mentioned a dozen times by others (sports, cars, alcohol, sex)...

Good anime coupled with music/ song can reduce me to tears...

AdamRBi

Feb 7, 2010
Ok, these are the most unmanly things I could think of... I...

I don't wear Pink and I don't own a Kilt.

*wince*

Gromril

Sep 11, 2005
SleepingDragon said:
Gromril said:
SleepingDragon said:
This topic is inspired by a thread I found on The Spoony Experiment forums. Most men have certain qualities or interests which might not be considered "manly" by their culture. I thought it would be interesting for the male members of this forum to have a discussion about our non manly guilty pleasures and the like.

I don't like sports. Sports movies are okay because the characters give me a reason to care who wins.

I have no interest in cars.

I consider myself a bit of a feminist. Always been a sucker for action girl characters.

I liked Sailor Moon when i was a kid. Black moon was my favorite story arc.

I've performed in many theatrical productions in high school (people consider that gay for some reason).

Don't drink and I don't plan on ever doing it.

I've never had a girlfriend.

I want to wait until I'm married before I have sex.

I like a good love story.

I can still enjoy Backstreet Boys and Nsync. I'm was a fan when I was a kid some nostalgia from time to time can be fun.

I'm the sensitive type and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm not a competitive person

I like to talk about my problems and feelings
Get a woman and/or grow up and have your face smashed repeatedly on the anvil of life and then we'll talk.

Iv'e known blokes who are all sensitive like, then they grow up a little. Not saying you will suddenly wake up after a shitty day and buy a Birmingham city season ticket, just saying these discussions are best left for when your personality is settled.

Oh and if I misread the (albeit subtle) teen angst in your post I apologize, and this statement I for those of you who do lurk here, posting threads about how you just don't fit in.
Once again I will reiterate.

SleepingDragon said:
Just to clarify some things. In never intended for this topic to be taken seriously. A few people have made posts to the effect of I don't need a man card or Nobody can tell me what is manly or isn't. This is something I would agree with. I don't particularly hide anything on my list in public. The point of this thread was to have a laugh. Also, I really need to check out My Little Pony based on everyone's recommendations. I've enjoyed GI Joe Renegades and Transformers Prime son I guess The Hub is the best place for good cartoons now.
Fair enough, GLHF

Cracker3011

May 7, 2009
I have Rainbow Dash as my avatar.

Any sense of manliness I once had (which to be honest wasn't much to begin with) is now gone.

And I'm okay with that.

Feb 28, 2008
Being attracted to men is kind of my most unmanly thing.... BUT not in a strange way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in9SiDtJLaU

Other than that I'm pretty man. I like sports, drink, video games and battles where stuff gets blown up. Not much of a car person I guess, and I dance too well...

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
BlindMessiah94 said:
How is saying a man should have confidence over analyzing the thread lol?

Don't be a dick.
It's meant to be a fun thread, not life advice.

I don't think I'm less of a man because I like Romantic comedies. I think I'm less of a man because I in fact don't have a penis.

CBanana

Aug 10, 2010
Cracker3011 said:
I have Rainbow Dash as my avatar.

Any sense of manliness I once had (which to be honest wasn't much to begin with) is now gone.

And I'm okay with that.
Not necessarily unmanly: