TV Tropes

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
I like to see which tropes apply to me, and any of the things i've written. I make little trope-lists as I read over my old stuff and link to pages so people can read the related tropes. It's really fun, and it reminds you that a lot of your ideas aren't as squeaky clean as you like to think.

My Favorite

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
thecaptainof said:
I can't imagine how many days of my life I've lost on that bloody site. I went on there one day to quickly look something up... before I knew it, six hours had passed and I was starving. Yet still we keep going back for more.

I guess it's like any other wiki though - the tendency for wiki-walking [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WikiWalk] is strong. Erm, better not click on that link then matey.
There goes another 5 hours of my life...

eatenbyagrue

Dec 25, 2008
thecaptainof said:
I can't imagine how many days of my life I've lost on that bloody site. I went on there one day to quickly look something up... before I knew it, six hours had passed and I was starving. Yet still we keep going back for more.

I guess it's like any other wiki though - the tendency for wiki-walking [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WikiWalk] is strong. Erm, better not click on that link then matey.
Good gods man, you've doomed us all! Saying something like that is the ultimate schmuck bait [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.SchmuckBait]!

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
Neonbob said:
I've clicked on links to it many times, and I've only ever clicked through two other things on it...I can't say I see why it's so distracting.
*shrugs*
Ditto. I don't find it addictive at all. I can read a couple articles sure, but I don't see what all the buzz is about.

Ursus Astrorum

Mar 20, 2008
I will likely be on my computer for another six hours from the links in this thread alone. Thanks a bunch, guys.

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
SharPhoe said:
I'm actually a registered troper on there, with my own contributor page and everything. Anyone else?
I'm registered and I've edited some stuff, but I haven't created a Contributor page yet...because I don't know how to...

I actually have an idea for a trope...

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I read some of it, got bored, and moved on.

Encyclopedia Dramatica I lose hours to though

riskroWe

May 12, 2009
My first visit was several hours long, wasted an entire evening.
They've been getting shorter since then.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Cracked and TVTRopes have completely destroyed all my productivity.

Those sites are dangerous.

Grand_Arcana

Aug 5, 2009
I must have done 15 hours, stopping only to preform basic bodily functions and dragging myself to bed. Now it's not so bad 'cause it feels I've read most of the interesting articles.

Mertruve

Feb 9, 2009
I once browsed it from my phone (Opera Mini - only one tab at once), and clicked the first link in an article. After a 47-hour Wiki Walk (sleep excluded, I've seriously fallen asleep holding the phone and continued reading immediately after waking up) I came back to the original page... only to click the second link. Then my batteries died and it was like being released from a curse.

MoeTheMonk

Apr 26, 2010
I love TV-Tropes, without that wonderful site, I wouldn't have found half the things I now regularly read/watch on the internet.