Twilight Princess's True Form To Be Playable in Hyrule Warriors - Update

Emily Turner

Aug 27, 2014
Twilight Princess's True Form To Be Playable in Hyrule Warriors - Update

You can play as the "beautiful princess" that appeared at the end of Twilight Princess.

Update: New screenshots from the DLC have been released, which reveal Link's surprising costume - the always-running Postman!

Zelda also has a new costume and a new weapon. Her costume makes her look like Ilia, childhood friend to the hero in Twilight Princess. Zelda's new weapon is the Dominion Rod, which allows her to control statues to attack for her.

Other in-game screenshots show Ganon wielding 8-bit weapons that resemble keys, True Form Midna riding a giant wolf, and a smaller Adventure Map with new items. Check them out for yourself below.

[gallery=3549]

Additionally, the update on November 27 will raise character level caps, raise the max amount of materials you can have, add new potions, add new medals, and add support for amiibo figures. [http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/line-up/#/hyrule_warriors]

Link's amiibo will unlock a new weapon, the spinner, and Zelda's amiibo can be used once a day to get a 3-star or higher weapon.

Source: NeoGAF [http://nintendoeverything.com/hyrule-warriors-twilight-princess-pack-details-screenshots/]

Original Story: In a Miiverse post, [https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKmKGDgYTg] Zelda director Eiji Aonuma announced the newest playable character to be released as DLC for Hyrule Warriors: Twili (or True Form) Midna. The Twilight Princess-themed DLC is set for worldwide release on November 27.

Midna appeared very briefly in her Twili form at the end of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, before returning to the Twilight realm. Aonuma remarked in his Miiverse post that he thought "it was such a waste to let a beautiful princess like her only appear in the ending. Now Koei Tecmo games has made my wish to see more of her come true."

Though we haven't seen a whole lot of what Twili form Midna will look like in Hyrule Warriors, we do know that she will wield the Mirror of Twilight in combat. "This mirror was destroyed at the end of [Twilight Princess], but it's pretty amazing in Hyrule Warriors." Aonuma says.

From the screenshot in the Miiverse post, it looks like Midna uses the mirror to reflect lasers of some kind back at her enemies to inflict damage. Hyrule Warriors veterans will notice that the enemies hit by the mirror are affected by light element damage.

The DLC pack will also contain new weapons, costumes and a brand new adventure map, much like the Master Quest pack released in October. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138055-Free-Hyrule-Warriors-Update-Tomorrow-Makes-Villains-Playable] One of Link's costumes, Aonuma teased, will look like "a certain familiar character from the Zelda series," and apparently "may make you say 'Wow!'"

I'm quite excited to see more of, and play as Twili Midna. I'm even looking forward Link's shocking costume - I have no idea what kind of costume would get that kind of reaction from me (besides Link's bright green tuxedo from Japanese New 3DS commercials [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MpQSvaduzk]). What are your thoughts and predictions?

Source: Miiverse [https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKmKGDgYTg]

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
And DeviantArt squeed with delight.

On a more serious note, why not. If this character adds something interesting to the game, go for it. I have a hard time imagining that this new costume for Link is anything to get excited about... unless it's Tingle, which after all is more popular in Japan than elsewhere. It would indeed make me say Wow, but not exactly for positive reasons.

rasputin0009

Feb 12, 2013
Sheen Lantern said:
Is it bad that I never finished TP?
Ya, kinda. The last half of the game was better than the first half. They saved all the good items for last, which is kind of disappointing. Double-Clawshot and Spinny-Gear-Top-Thingy are a lot of fun.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Emily Turner said:
Twilight Princess's True Form To Be Playable in Hyrule Warriors
One of Link's costumes, Aonuma teased, will look like "a certain familiar character from the Zelda series," and apparently "may make you say 'Wow!'"
Groose costume possibly? Nintendo is often aware of clamoring fans.

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
V4Viewtiful said:
Atary77 said:
Me personally I'm hoping for Fierce Dieity Link
Aren't we all?
honestly, Fierce deity link would just be broken. I just hope he won't be a skin though.

Also, I should start on a list of worthwhile Wii U games.

Roander

Dec 27, 2009
Oh dear god, it's going to be Tingle.

Aren't all of Link's costumes 'familiar character from the Zelda series'? What they need to do is start adding some Bayonetta costumes. Turnabout, and all that.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I am glad that she will be playable. Still, I won't have time to go back to Hyrule Warriors for a while, especially with Smash Bros. and Pokemon coming out soon.

As for Link's costume, I bet it could be the Hero's Shade. It would make sense since this is supposed to be the Twilight Princess pack after all.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Imagine if the outfit allowed you to finally realize the dream of being Error...or Old Man.

How about the Mask Salesman?

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
It's about darn freaking time they finally showed TP a little love FFS. That game wasn't perfect but it had a whole lot of awesome potential that I feel they didn't take advantage of. Also...

hickwarrior

Nov 7, 2007
Hero of Lime said:
As for Link's costume, I bet it could be the Hero's Shade. It would make sense since this is supposed to be the Twilight Princess pack after all.
Actually, I've already seen that costume. For instance, the completionist shows that one off.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Lil devils x said:
Isn't this what she looks like?

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Midna
Yep! That's her.

hickwarrior said:
Hero of Lime said:
Actually, I've already seen that costume. For instance, the completionist shows that one off.
The Hero's Shade, or some other costume? I don't really remember that from his review.

hickwarrior

Nov 7, 2007
Hero of Lime said:
The Hero's Shade, or some other costume? I don't really remember that from his review.
So it's that skeleton? That would be interesting, but at the same time... Iunno. Midna did show up in hyrule warriors,but the hero's shade wasn't really mentioned at all, much less showed up. We'll see I guess.

EDIT: though I have to say, the naming can get confusing. Then again, dark link =/= hero's shade.

MetalShadowChaos

Feb 3, 2014
Stalmaster Link would be interesting, I certainly wouldn't be complaining, though I will hold out hope that in either this pack or the upcoming Majoras Mask pack there will be some Tingle Love.

MetalShadowChaos

Feb 3, 2014
KoudelkaMorgan said:
Imagine if the outfit allowed you to finally realize the dream of being
How about the Mask Salesman?
Personally I think he's got a good chance of being one of the 2 new playable characters in the Majoras Mask pack. One has GOT to be skull kid, the other could be Tingle or him.

Leonardo Huizar

Jul 1, 2012
How a bout a Fierce Diety Link mode but can only be played on Hardest Difficulty against thick mobs of enemies and a survival boss rush in between crowds... just thinking out loud

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Emily Turner said:
Other in-game screenshots show Ganon wielding 8-bit weapons that resemble keys,
Wow, I didn't know Ganon was Keyblade wielder. He and Xehanort should hang out, they'd get along great.