Twitch just keeps getting worse and worse.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
How much do you have to piss off your user base for youtube to be the saver
This reminds me of 2012-13 where many (mostly small to medium) YouTube users were fed up with YT's policies at the time, (which feels quaint compared to now) and blew all of that hot air. Claiming they were all going to migrate to Dailymotion (one of them being ReviewTechUSA). This was before Twitch gaining popularity and barely starting. None of that happened, and most stayed exactly where they were on YT, or quitted altogether.

The only difference I am seeing is that Twitch has screwed up worse than even YT in certain regards. With all of that said, I do not consider YT even close to saviors or saints. They have so much of their own dirty laundry, and appeasing/enabling the far-Right/Ultra Conserves/MAGA, because they are afraid of them for some reason and losing their pathetic bottom line.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
They will allow it. And y'know, it is how it is. Big companies can't make online streaming as focused as it used to be, so you gotta just leave the door open for almost anything.

Nobody wants a sort of strict "Twitch Law" written into the TOS. Everybody wants ban appeals to be taken seriously and most of the time people don't want permanent bans to streamers. However, as everyone also knows at this point: Twitch staff has a type of content creator that they treat favorably. Like, intercourse on stream... But frankly Twitch and the rest of social media space has become less and less "pure" in the past few years. OF thots use all possible outlets for self-marketing, because why not? The market for that is still ripe.
i think if Twitch is going to allow it, then they are going to have a problem with these people making most of their money on OF, or otherwise off-site revenues.

one way I think they could go about it is allow streams of that content have a Paid-sub stream only. Where you cannot even view it unless you are a paid sub, or even a scertain tier-level of paid sub.

I said this before in another thotty thread. If they wanted to age restrict these adult streamers then fine, and the best way to do that it by forcing a paid account verification (something small like one dollar or whatever). OR the better idea is what I said above. When a streamer is doing an AO showcase then they must set the stream to subbs only which means everyone MUST have paid to even see the stream. And even better the streamer can force it further by saying only Tier 3 subs can see the stream (which is a lot like members only videos on youtube). This makes sure that the people viewing are at LEAST old enough to have their own bank card. It wouldn't eliminate it completely but it would help.

However I think a lot of these streamers are getting donations in cheers and subs from 12-15 year olds, and therefore may not want to limit their content in that way and OF doesn't check age whatsoever which is weird. OF also has a good revenue split so of course you want people to go pay for your photos there.

Bottom line I think Twitch is upset that the revenue for the streamers using their service is being pulled from offsite which means they aren't getting a cut and therefore are going to inflict this harsher 50/50 split onto the top earners to pull more income out of it. The question is how will the big streamers respond to it? My guess is that they'll be more upfront about pushing people into other forms of donation like paypal tips, patreon, etc and further cut Twitch out of the deal.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
i think if Twitch is going to allow it, then they are going to have a problem with these people making most of their money on OF, or otherwise off-site revenues.

one way I think they could go about it is allow streams of that content have a Paid-sub stream only. Where you cannot even view it unless you are a paid sub, or even a scertain tier-level of paid sub.

I said this before in another thotty thread. If they wanted to age restrict these adult streamers then fine, and the best way to do that it by forcing a paid account verification (something small like one dollar or whatever). OR the better idea is what I said above. When a streamer is doing an AO showcase then they must set the stream to subbs only which means everyone MUST have paid to even see the stream. And even better the streamer can force it further by saying only Tier 3 subs can see the stream (which is a lot like members only videos on youtube). This makes sure that the people viewing are at LEAST old enough to have their own bank card. It wouldn't eliminate it completely but it would help.

However I think a lot of these streamers are getting donations in cheers and subs from 12-15 year olds, and therefore may not want to limit their content in that way and OF doesn't check age whatsoever which is weird. OF also has a good revenue split so of course you want people to go pay for your photos there.

Bottom line I think Twitch is upset that the revenue for the streamers using their service is being pulled from offsite which means they aren't getting a cut and therefore are going to inflict this harsher 50/50 split onto the top earners to pull more income out of it. The question is how will the big streamers respond to it? My guess is that they'll be more upfront about pushing people into other forms of donation like paypal tips, patreon, etc and further cut Twitch out of the deal.
We already know Twitch is not going to do any of this. That would make too much sense. It's owned by Amazon. Which already has more than enough greedy and egotistical butt-fucks in the high places. Those at the top over there don't give a rat's ass, and neither does the top at Twitch.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
We already know Twitch is not going to do any of this. That would make too much sense. It's owned by Amazon. Which already has more than enough greedy and egotistical butt-fucks in the high places. Those at the top over there don't give a rat's ass, and neither does the top at Twitch.
Which is why people are leaving Twitch, its run by people who dont fucking care.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
YouTube and Twitch are probably desperately trying to stave off the inevitable realisation by regulatory bodies across the world that they have both transitioned from niche provider of amateur content to functionally public broadcast services. Because they know that whatever pressure they’re under now for content regulation is a picnic compared to the hellscape of regulation by the FCC and other broadcasting standards agencies around the world.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
And I for one cannot wait. Shit's gonna be hilarious when they have to play by public broadcasting rules

Reactions: BrawlMan

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
If the dark web had lefty forums
Nothing stops them from existing, just that they don't need to because they aren't broadly being prevented from having forums elsewhere.

and was more accessible & popular
...then it wouldn't be the dark web.

Wrong. There is action, they just don't want to do it and you don't want to listen or believe it.

I mentioned that earlier which is why I was asking to end it early. And it's "not a big deal" for you, because it doesn't affect you. It's a big deal for those that are getting abused and stepped on. So you think about that. Or don't.
So, the problem is that a bunch of users are joining a stream and saying upsetting things in it. You want a solution to this that cannot negatively impact their numbers or engagement (like rate limiting joining the stream or changing chat mode would), meaning it cannot limit people joining the stream or being able to chat. Surely you see the problem here, right?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So, the problem is that a bunch of users are joining a stream and saying upsetting things in it. You want a solution to this that cannot negatively impact their numbers or engagement (like rate limiting joining the stream or changing chat mode would), meaning it cannot limit people joining the stream or being able to chat. Surely you see the problem here, right?
Dude, you joined way too late at this point. And you did not pay attention to damn thing I said and showed way beforehand with all the evidence previously. Figure it out. I know you enough at this point on how you either don't pay attention or bring up shit that has nothing to do with anything.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America