Twitter Poster Supposedly Reveals Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Secrets

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
I'd believe this if it didn't say Mega Man brought nothing to the table. Mega Man brings everyhting to the table. Hell, the table at Capcom is probably made out of Rush anyway. Again on the Capcom side, I thought they said they weren't adding more Darkstalkers characters. Hsien-Ko is pretty awesome, but I could have swore they said that. Also, why would they have problems with Frank West's moves? He was in Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Hell, most of the groundwork is already done right there. Also also, no Red Arremer? Lame. Akuma and not Dan Hibiki? Lamer. No Mega Man? LAMEST (I cannot overstate this)!

Also I thought the reason they brought in Dormammu was so that they wouldn't have to rely on Galactus being Marvel's big bad. Dormammu being arguably as powerful if not more powerful than Galctus aside, I think Galactus is way too overused. Need a planet sized threat? Well, we have a lot of options, but we'll go with Galactus. Again. Even though we have Dormammu already. Whos power is said to threaten the very universe. No, we'll add Galactus too. Also, why the Phoenix? Why not just plain old Jean Grey? Why not a better X-Men character like Beast or Gambit? Why another fire based character?

I have no arguments with Taskmaster. Maybe add Cable or Agent X (he could be a viable alt costume for Deadpool) later as DLC to make THE ULTIMATE TEAM.

Alright guys. We need to buckle down and let Capcom know what characters we want. If anything we might get some DLC sooner or later as a response. If we demand characters like Frank West/Chuck Greene, Mega Man, Harpuia (he would be awesome and you know it), Red Arremer, Gambit, Venom, Green/Hob Goblin, and Nick Fury (he would be awesome too, new or old version) en masse, can they really ignore us?

I understand this is a rumor and most likely false, but I say all this in the unlikely-hood that this is true.

Mega Man seriously needs to be in. Any of them. Classic, X, Trigger, even Model (Z)X. Even (I can't believe I'm saying this) Megaman.EXE and that Starforce one should have a shot.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
Seriously, am I the only person who wants a character from the Runaways in MvC3? I'm just saying I think Chase Stein or Karolina Dean would make an excellent addition on the Marvel side.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
Sean Strife said:
Seriously, am I the only person who wants a character from the Runaways in MvC3? I'm just saying I think Chase Stein or Karolina Dean would make an excellent addition on the Marvel side.
I'm getting the feeling I'm missing out on something good since everybody seems to love that series (it is a series, yes?). I blame my city for not having a comic book shop.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
Zeromaeus said:
Sean Strife said:
I'm getting the feeling I'm missing out on something good since everybody seems to love that series (it is a series, yes?). I blame my city for not having a comic book shop.
Well the first series of it was great. It was done by Brian K. Vaughan, who's also known for being one of the writers on Lost. After Joss Whedon took over, it started going to crap.

To give you a cliffnotes version of the backstory: 6 kids find out their parents are evil and run away from home. Out of them, 4 have superpowers: Gert Yorkes can telepathically communicate with a genetically created dinosaur, Nico Minoru has magic powers, Karolina Dean is actually an Majesdian, and Molly Hayes is a mutant. Chase Stein discovers his parents are mad scientists and steals some of their gadgets and becomes something of the Iron Man of the group, and Alex Wilder is more the leader of the group.

That's basically the backstory behind The Runaways. I got most of them in hardcover form from a flea market in my area. They also participated in the big Civil War arc in a crossover with the Young Avengers who famously have Hulkling and Wiccan in the group.

ServebotFrank

Jul 1, 2010
Definitely some fake guy trying to fool people by posting false facts. Megaman would work the exact way as he did the other games why the hell would he be not unique? I also think it should be realized that if this was real at all Capcom would've shut this down already so it's obviously fake.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
ServebotFrank said:
Definitely some fake guy trying to fool people by posting false facts. Megaman would work the exact way as he did the other games why the hell would he be not unique? I also think it should be realized that if this was real at all Capcom would've shut this down already so it's obviously fake.
A better argument would've been the fact they already have Zero in the game.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
We'll be able to find out if there's any truth to this information pretty quickly however, as Lennox says that Capcom will reveal the next pair of characters - Hsien-Ko and Phoenix - at the Jump Festa [http://www.jumpfesta.com/top.html] event in Japan this weekend.
If that reveal happens at Jump Festa it means there is truth to what Lennox says, and he says doesn't work for Capcom it'll mean he works for a third party marketing company, which ironically enough makes him a liar by nature.

arggh my head!.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
Sir John the Net Knight said:
I will say that considering the progression of end bosses in this series, Galactus makes perfect sense. I mean we went from Apocalypse to Thanos, back to Apocalypse, then to Cyber-Akuma, then finally Onslaught. Galactus just makes sense, he eats planets. Not quite sure where they'd go from here though. Marvel villains don't get too much bigger and nastier than Galactus.

(Abyss doesn't count, the boss was supposedly related to Ruby Heart.)
Dormammu is equal to if not bigger than Galactus as far as overall threat goes. I'm not saying Galactus is a bad pick, I'm just saying he seems rather superfluous since his magical counterpart is already in the game.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
Zeromaeus said:
I will say that considering the progression of end bosses in this series, Galactus makes perfect sense. I mean we went from Apocalypse to Thanos, back to Apocalypse, then to Cyber-Akuma, then finally Onslaught. Galactus just makes sense, he eats planets. Not quite sure where they'd go from here though. Marvel villains don't get too much bigger and nastier than Galactus.

(Abyss doesn't count, the boss was supposedly related to Ruby Heart.)
Dormammu is equal to if not bigger than Galactus as far as overall threat goes. I'm not saying Galactus is a bad pick, I'm just saying he seems rather superfluous since his magical counterpart is already in the game.
Dormammu is already in the game, and Big G is more well known than Dormammu.
I really need to work on properly expressing my point before I argue it.
I was, and still am, under the impression that Dormammu is the big bad. His power compared to Galactus is one reason. Another reason being an interview I read. I think it was on the official blog. Anyway, the blog said the Dormammu was originally going to be the last character revealed, but due to some mix ups and some bad timing, he was revealed way early. Besides, I see Doctor Strange gaining popularity pretty soon (which will probably bring Dormammu into a better light) what with a movie currently in the works and all.

I looked up the interview, its here:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2010/11/24/marvel_vs_capcom_3_devblog:_the_home_stretch
Its rather ambiguous on the whole Dormammu thing, but he was supposed to be revealed much later. Gah. Honestly, I'm warming up to the idea of Galactus, but being unplayable as the Twitter account suggests is absolutely unacceptable. Unlockable, sure. Unplayable, hell no!

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Mysnomer said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Damn. I would have liked to see Sakura or Cammy. Looks like I'll have pick two new characters to team up with Amaterasu...
Might I suggest Trish and Viewtiful Joe, for the Platinum Games trifecta.
Trish? From DMC? Didn't know Platinum games worked on that...
Well, I mean, it's the same people, they just worked for Capcom at the time, and then for Viewtiful Joe and Okami they were called Clover (they also made God Hand, but nooooo Capcom simply has no taste in fighters. GENE FOR MVC 4!).

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
Mysnomer said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Mysnomer said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Damn. I would have liked to see Sakura or Cammy. Looks like I'll have pick two new characters to team up with Amaterasu...
Might I suggest Trish and Viewtiful Joe, for the Platinum Games trifecta.
Trish? From DMC? Didn't know Platinum games worked on that...
Well, I mean, it's the same people, they just worked for Capcom at the time, and then for Viewtiful Joe and Okami they were called Clover (they also made God Hand, but nooooo Capcom simply has no taste in fighters. GENE FOR MVC 4!).
You know we could just push for DLC. I'd be willing to buy Gene for MvC3.

xDHxD148L0

The Dissapointed Gamer
Apr 16, 2009
I was already sold but IF they do decide to add dark Pheonix to the game it would be totally awesome.

quantumsoul

Jun 10, 2010
I'm not surprised Venom got cut after the way Marvel continually butchered the character. I'll never forgive them for Venom: Dark Origins(they turned Eddie Brock into a pathologically lying, coward and now he kills the innocent).

Maybe they'll use Anti-Venom instead.