Two More Ex-Infinity Ward Members Respawn

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Boba Frag said:
Oh, God.... they've gone over to EA? So... they've swopped one tyrannical greedy corporation for another.

Still, theses guys seem adept at remorphing into different studios, so when EA inevitably turn on them (curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!!) they'll probably move on successfully again.

Still, I'm kind of glad Activision are paying for this- how they handled the whole affair has been nothing less than fascistic.
I don't know, after seeing the Battlefield Bad Company 2 DRM on the PC, I'm more inclined to forgive EA it's past transgressions. So they are working for a former greedy megacorp with plans to take over the world, but now with some genuine degree of remorse and a credible attempt at atonement. :p

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Tarakos said:
Think about it: From Medal of Honor, came Call of Duty. And now is the next step in the cycle. A rather stupid cycle. So...I wonder what comes from Call of Duty?
Cod 7: Mackerel Walleye 3?

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
Omnific One said:
Am I the only one who is getting Firefox saying that Respawn.com is an attack page?
That is not their website. I got a 404 error, and Avast said nothing. Last I was on it, it was just a link to [email protected]. Nothing else there.

OT: This just shows there is obviously something going on at IW that a large percentage of the employees do not like. Any game that has IW on it now will not be the true IW. These guys were 2015, then Infinity Ward, and now they are Respawn.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Simalacrum said:
Hmmmm...

Despite the recent events, I have no doubt that Activision won't just sit by while on of their biggest money makers spontaneously implodes on itself... I wonder if they have taken any steps to try and replace those staff who have left?
Did you miss the Bungie thing? :p

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
CORRODED SIN said:
Omnific One said:
Am I the only one who is getting Firefox saying that Respawn.com is an attack page?
That is not their website. I got a 404 error, and Avast said nothing. Last I was on it, it was just a link to [email protected]. Nothing else there.

OT: This just shows there is obviously something going on at IW that a large percentage of the employees do not like. Any game that has IW on it now will not be the true IW. These guys were 2015, then Infinity Ward, and now they are Respawn.
Yes, it is their website: "Respawn's official website, located at www.respawn.com, is currently comprised of nothing more than an email address, [email protected], where Respawn will be accepting job resumes for designers, artists, and engineers. We have to wonder if Respawn already has two additional staffers, following the recent departure of lead designer Todd Alderman and lead software engineer Francesco Gigliotti from Infinity Ward." ~ 1up.com

paketep

Jul 14, 2008
At this rate, only fourzerotwo is going to remain on Infinity Ward (I'll be disappointed if they want his lying ass at Respawn).

Let's see how he programs Modern Warfare 3 using only twitter.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
John Funk said:
Simalacrum said:
Hmmmm...

Despite the recent events, I have no doubt that Activision won't just sit by while on of their biggest money makers spontaneously implodes on itself... I wonder if they have taken any steps to try and replace those staff who have left?
Did you miss the Bungie thing? :p
...OH YEAH!

I feel silly now...

>.>

<.<

*runs away and hides in the corner*

James Cassidy

Dec 4, 2008
I wonder. What's going to happen to Modern Warefare 3?

I liked the story MW 1 and 2 had and want to see the game series finished with a decent ending.

Looks like that is a dream that will never come true. MW3 will probably still be made, but probably be crappy cause it won't be made by the genius behind it.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Simalacrum said:
Hmmmm...

They have Bungie now, IW can fuck off and die. Seriously they'll have money thrown at them by hordes and hordes of Halo fans because the name Bungie appears on some box art, they don't need IW anymore.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Good for them. Now Respawn wont be held back like Infinity Ward was. We might see more relaxed games that arent forced out under the brutal tyrannical whip of Activision.

Lets see how EA does...

cooluc said:
Hopefully this company will show respect to us PC gamers.

Hopefully.
Oh please. You guys got the exact same game as all of us, for the same amount. Hopefully Respawn keeps all players equal like they did with MW2. The DLC delay on the PS3 was Activisions fault, mind you.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
WanderFreak said:
I love how IW went from darlings, to the lightning rod of hate, back to the darling now that they're rebelling against Activision.

I can't wait for them to release a shitty game, at which point everyone starts hating EA again.
I thought everyone hated EA... Always...

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Activision's just trying to play it cool, but really they're just trying not to cry publicy to save face

oh and people, stop calling their games "mediocre" cuz it's becoming reallyy vague

hopefully Respawn doesn't do anything too differently (DLC timing was fine, but the actual content part wasn't very enticing)

cooluc

PC Gamer
Dec 23, 2009
Tdc2182 said:
Oh please. You guys got the exact same game as all of us, for the same amount. Hopefully Respawn keeps all players equal like they did with MW2. The DLC delay on the PS3 was Activisions fault, mind you.
That's the problem: We got the exact same thing. We don't want a console port. We want PC things like Dedicated servers (For clans and communities to work in the game), LEAN, and free maps, like every other CoD released on the PC so far (and really, the stimulus map pack is grossly overpriced. 15 dollars for 3 new maps?)
CoD4 was great. It worked on the PC. CoD6 didn't.

Siberian Relic

Jan 15, 2010
Kotick: "I really regret losing those guys and it represents a significant loss to the company, but the simple fact of the matter is that those guys were having way too much fun making video games. They had to go."

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
Omnific One said:
CORRODED SIN said:
Omnific One said:

Yes, it is their website: "Respawn's official website, located at www.respawn.com, is currently comprised of nothing more than an email address, [email protected], where Respawn will be accepting job resumes for designers, artists, and engineers. We have to wonder if Respawn already has two additional staffers, following the recent departure of lead designer Todd Alderman and lead software engineer Francesco Gigliotti from Infinity Ward." ~ 1up.com
I see what they did now. That is the website. It's just to throw people off I guess. The link is gone too.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Any news post that begins with a Firefly reference is bound to be full of amusement. This was no exception. Nice to have a bit of interesting drama in the industry, rather than some corporation going all 'lets be bad guys!' and bringing out the next 'DRM to end them all'. :D