Two More Ex-Infinity Ward Members Respawn

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
cooluc said:
Tdc2182 said:
Oh please. You guys got the exact same game as all of us, for the same amount. Hopefully Respawn keeps all players equal like they did with MW2. The DLC delay on the PS3 was Activisions fault, mind you.
That's the problem: We got the exact same thing. We don't want a console port. We want PC things like Dedicated servers (For clans and communities to work in the game), LEAN, and free maps, like every other CoD released on the PC so far (and really, the stimulus map pack is grossly overpriced. 15 dollars for 3 new maps?)
CoD4 was great. It worked on the PC. CoD6 didn't.
Yeah, the whole complaint was because you guys werent favored over anyone else. It would have been BS if you guys got a better game than us at the same price.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
I still want to see Modern Warfare 3 released even though the team behind it left, though it won't be the same without Infinity Ward's efforts. Bobby Kotick's got blood on his hands.

I think this song mirrors the situation somewhat perfectly:
<youtube=dEbE3fGfF-o&feature=related>

DoW Lowen

Exarch
Jan 11, 2009
West and Zampella must be something if people are willing to leave a stable IP and the cash cow that is Modern Warfare 2 for them. EA potential and the fact that Activision are jerks aside, so many people are leaving infinity ward for respawn - it kind of reminds me of the crew that would join their captain after a mutiny.

shemoanscazrex3

Mar 24, 2010
Kurokami said:
WanderFreak said:
I love how IW went from darlings, to the lightning rod of hate, back to the darling now that they're rebelling against Activision.

I can't wait for them to release a shitty game, at which point everyone starts hating EA again.
I thought everyone hated EA... Always...
Nah we all kinda stopped when Activison became the new EA lol

cooluc

PC Gamer
Dec 23, 2009
Tdc2182 said:
Yeah, the whole complaint was because you guys werent favored over anyone else. It would have been BS if you guys got a better game than us at the same price.
Favored over anyone else? Hardly. PC games are cheaper to develop than console games, hence they're always cheaper. Dedicated server just work on PC, while matchmaking doesn't. I can go into a list of reasons why, but for the sake of time, I won't. No lean? We have the buttons available for this action, why not get it even if controllers don't.
Free maps? PC gamers don't take the kind of BS console gamers just eat up. DLC should be free. Just look at L4D and L4D2. Two amazing games with great DLC, all free. Even CoD4 had free maps on the PC. We know when we're being cheated, and we won't just buy something because it's attached to a popular game/series.

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
Does anyone else think "Respawn" is the perfect name for that company with that history and those employees.
Or it is one of those things that is so obvious any further comment makes you look stupid?

Mr. Squee

Feb 22, 2009
Must say the best thing about this article was the Firefly reference WOOT and such! ok fanboy will run away now

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
If every single IW employee respawns to Respawn, what do you think will happen to the Infinity Ward studio?

Will Activision close it down, or will they hire fresh blood for a puppet Infinity Ward (in name only) for brand recognition?

Ed.

Jan 14, 2010
I dont care about IW or respawn but the firefly reference made me read the article

Robby Foxfur

Sep 1, 2009
John Funk said:
Two More Ex-Infinity Ward Members Respawn

Last week, Activision boss Bobby Kotick said that he regretted the events that had led him to the decision, but that he had had no choice but to fire West and Zampella. He also admitted that more would leave Infinity Ward before all was said and done [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100535-Activision-CEO-No-Choice-But-to-Fire-Infinty-Ward-Execs].
haha regretting is probably the polite way of saying that he screwed the pooch, and hopes that is doesn't ruin one of Activision's best selling franchises, because he was a little to reluctant to pay out some massively overdue bonuses to the heads of one of his best dev departments.

yeah that about sums it up, see once again you don't piss off people that make your food, or in this case a large amount of money for you company at a time in which the economy isn't doing so hot.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Is it true that all of the rangers in MW2 were named after members of the development team?

Boba Frag said:
Still, theses guys seem adept at remorphing into different studios, so when EA inevitably turn on them (curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!!) they'll probably move on successfully again.
Yeah, you'd think they'd have played their own game or something...