Two Worlds III Development Announced

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Ah topware... producers of high quality half assed games.... you will never change.

Shitty dialogue, half decent graphics... terrible UI and the most abysmal fighting non system ever conceived made two worlds a pain to slog through.

I mean in two worlds theres ONE animation chain for a given weapon type that you repeat over and over again, meaning you can stunlock anything into a corner and win. If you have 15 minutes to spare you can stunlock an ogre/zyclops at lvl 1 in two worlds 1 with your starting weapon. (the monster otherwise oneshots you and is clearly meant as late game content)

Not to mention that the title of the game, two worlds, doesnt reference anything really in the actual game. It makes no sense. There are NO two worlds in the game for crying out loud nor are two worlds ever referenced in the game.

They would have had a better title if they simply had called their game "generic fantasy button masher 2000"

At this point im more amazed that topware still exists but THQ is dead...

Bors Mistral

Mar 27, 2009
If I remember correctly, TWT2 had a very good voice actor for the main role, and decent humour. It then followed with an expansion where both those things were gone.

I also hope the teams' UI designer has improved since then, though it's possible they didn't have one to begin with. The interface, especially the inventory, was a royal pain.

For better or worse, that's all I recall from the series.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Saelune said:
I saw this and screamed YES!. I know a lot of people like to hate on this game, but a lot of people like to hate on things they don't bother to experience and take on other's opinions instead of their own.

I'm so buying this when it comes out. I wasn't expecting a 3rd game, but I didn't expect a 2nd. Guess I need to go replay both.

I know the first game had a lot of low quality stuff, but it had a lot of stuff, and a lot of neat ideas that few people got to see since they likely never even played the game. I liked the alchemy, and the combining of items. I liked the large open world and interesting plot. I liked that the first game ends with you actually getting to choose to side with the bad guy if you want. Not even my favorite game series The Elder Scrolls lets you do that. (The canonical ending is that you lose, and 2 starts you off as the villain's captive).

I hope the online is much expanded on. I liked 2's focus on a separate story, while I liked the more openness of 1's and I hope for a combo of the two.

Really excited for this unappreciated series next game.
The reason no one played the game is that it did not work, and it could not be played. It generally crashed after a very short while, and even when it didn't the game ran at a single digit frame rate. On consoles.

You're right that this series is unappreciated. Not nearly enough people appreciate that they sold a game that was utterly, literally, broken, and they got away with it. I still haven't forgiven them, and I never will until they give me my goddamn ?5 back.

That they have the gall to release not just one, but two sequels now is mind-boggling. They apparently don't even have the common sense to give it a different name, in order to maybe con a few more people into handing their money over.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Lunncal said:
Saelune said:
I saw this and screamed YES!. I know a lot of people like to hate on this game, but a lot of people like to hate on things they don't bother to experience and take on other's opinions instead of their own.

I'm so buying this when it comes out. I wasn't expecting a 3rd game, but I didn't expect a 2nd. Guess I need to go replay both.

I know the first game had a lot of low quality stuff, but it had a lot of stuff, and a lot of neat ideas that few people got to see since they likely never even played the game. I liked the alchemy, and the combining of items. I liked the large open world and interesting plot. I liked that the first game ends with you actually getting to choose to side with the bad guy if you want. Not even my favorite game series The Elder Scrolls lets you do that. (The canonical ending is that you lose, and 2 starts you off as the villain's captive).

I hope the online is much expanded on. I liked 2's focus on a separate story, while I liked the more openness of 1's and I hope for a combo of the two.

Really excited for this unappreciated series next game.
The reason no one played the game is that it did not work, and it could not be played. It generally crashed after a very short while, and even when it didn't the game ran at a single digit frame rate. On consoles.

You're right that this series is unappreciated. Not nearly enough people appreciate that they sold a game that was utterly, literally, broken, and they got away with it. I still haven't forgiven them, and I never will until they give me my goddamn ?5 back.

That they have the gall to release not just one, but two sequels now is mind-boggling. They apparently don't even have the common sense to give it a different name, in order to maybe con a few more people into handing their money over.
I wont pretend the quality, especially in the first game isn't where it should be, but I think the series was an honest attempt at an interesting world and genuinely tried to do things in new ways. I don't think they were trying to con anyone. Playing the second game definatly tells me the people making the world actually care about it and presenting an interesting and consistant world. Maybe some people played the games, had technical difficulties and genuinely dislike or hate the game, but I honestly believe MOST people who hate this game are just echoing others opinions and never even touched the game otherwise. The changes and improvements from 1 to 2 makes me super excited and curious what will happen between 2 to 3. I hope they expand the magic, because I like 2's method of combining magical effects to make your own spells.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogZS6z_EIzs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gqnTW1qsUU

Can't comment on the games directly, but worth a watch.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Hawki said:

So I'm not crazy. I was thinking, "Didn't Projared review these games? Weren't they absolutely utter garbage?"

Good to know I'm not senile just yet. And I won't even bother looking at this game, now that I know that the well is poison.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
i enjoyed the first one although it has some of the worst voice acting in video games.. forsooth dear reader twas a shity thing to experience, but it was also one of the most stable open world games and they had an interesting way to handle loot. ended rather abruptly though

still need to get in to the second game

Kahani

May 25, 2011
I don't understand how this is not called Three Worlds.

As for the game, they bribed and threatened their way to a solid 70/100 and sales were good enough that they probably made their money back. It doesn't take much to be considered worthy of a sequel these days.

Dosbilliam

Feb 18, 2011
Country
US
Karadalis said:
Not to mention that the title of the game, two worlds, doesnt reference anything really in the actual game. It makes no sense. There are NO two worlds in the game for crying out loud nor are two worlds ever referenced in the game.
It's an artifact title. At one point in development (if you can call it that) there were apparently going to be two game worlds, but that got dropped without the title following suit.
Saltyk said:
Hawki said:

So I'm not crazy. I was thinking, "Didn't Projared review these games? Weren't they absolutely utter garbage?"
They're better than the Risen series, although that's like saying they're better than getting a limb chopped off...the bar is set so low it's hovering somewhere around the planet's core.