Ubisoft Accused of Demanding Good Assassin's Creed 2 Review

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
This is how I would act in that situation: E.A.: Here is 10K, take it. Me: *Loads shot gun* E.A.: *Pisses pants*
Remind me not to come round your house, and offer you money. Also it's not EA! Ubisoft!

Loves2spooge

Apr 13, 2009
8-Bit_Jack said:
I call bullshit. The FRENCH trying to order the GERMANS around?

just doesnt make sense, is all.
Sir, if you were in my proximity, I would bestow a high-five upon you.

Raykuza

Jul 1, 2009
I doubt that Ubisoft did this simply because the Assassin's Creed IP carries so much weight on its own. Why would Ubisoft be so insecure about a AAA title?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
_Nocturnal said:
Greg Tito said:
It is unfortunate, but this kind of backroom deal happens often between game publishers and reviewers.
Seriously?
You want to back that up with facts?
Kind of irresponsible to say something like this about your colleagues.
Only if it's false. Every man has a price. You'll be surprised how many people are willing to compromise their morals when there is personal gain to be had.

That's not to say the Escapist staff do compromise their integrity (with the exception of the aforementioned cookies). It'd be terribly irresponsible of me to say that considering I don't know...well, any of them, really.

PsykoDragon

Aug 19, 2008
On the other hand, if Computer Bild Spiele plays fair & still ends up giving it a "Very Good" review, then everyone will know that there's no BS & that's an epic game.

If Ubisoft are confident that AC2 will get the highest ratings, then apart from the risk of Computer Bild Spiele giving them a bad review out of spite, & the risk that people would start to hate them for this scandal (doubtful), this could end up being something very good in terms of marketing.

...Scratch that, the benefits are too little compared to the risks.

_Nocturnal

Nov 4, 2006
Amnestic said:
Every man has a price. You'll be surprised how many people are willing to compromise their morals when there is personal gain to be had.
Yeah, you're right. And you know what?

I bet some game publishers and reviewers molest children, too!

It is unfortunate, I know, but that kind of thing happens all the time, at all kinds of places.
So lets say publishers and reviewers ALL do it, and do it OFTEN.
Present company excluded, of course. Wink, wink.
Everyone knows the escapists are into grannies, not children.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
loves2spooge said:
8-Bit_Jack said:

well, you could e-five me, or you could send me x-rated furry art through PM

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
1. Isn't AC2 supposed to be good? Don't you usually bribe reviewers if your game sucks?

2. Maybe this is all a publicity stunt? A "scandal" is staged in which a gaming magazine "refuses" to cave in to dishonest dealings with the publisher, but then goes on to give the game a good score. If even your enemies love you then you must be awesome, right... ;)

Loves2spooge

Apr 13, 2009
8-Bit_Jack said:
loves2spooge said:
8-Bit_Jack said:

well, you could e-five me, or you could send me x-rated furry art through PM
This is kind of a mixture of both:

Soren91

Jul 27, 2009
It's a shame that they would do something like that if it is actually true. I've played and beaten the game and I have to say they in no way needed to bribe anyone. While the game obviously isn't perfect I enjoyed it thoroughly and it upsets me that they wouldn't have faith in the game to get a good review on its own.