Ubisoft ask's where the next Assassin's Creed should be set

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
As an American, I have to honestly say that I don't think the American revolution would really work that well, it just lacks the jaw dropping architecture that Renaissance Italy had to offer, even if it would be cool to see that General Washington's sword was an alien artifact. I say Egypt all the way, I want to kill someone by jumping off of the Pyramid.

NorthernStar

Oct 24, 2011
Well, I'm definitely going to say Feudal Japan. The assassin's are practically ninja's already, so the setting makes perfect sense. Plus, I'd love to see an assassin in a feudal kimono-style.

It'd be a nice change if there was a female lead this time around. It might even work. I know that in feudal Japan women were mostly maintaining the house / caring for the kids, etc. but they too got fight training. Actually, you know what, I don't care if the lead is female or male. Just make sure it's a likeable person. I loved Ezio, but never liked Altair much. Could be because I never liked the entire first game much.

EDIT: Perhaps someone ought to make a poll out of this, I'm curious to see how people feel about this one.

GangstaPony

Apr 29, 2012
Colonial India. The Raj. Jumping on cows. Exploring the ancient Mahals & Castles with Assassin Treasures inside. Taking part in the Meerut Revolt. Travel to Britain to kill the owner of the East India Company.

Chris Dela Chris

Nov 24, 2012
ac4 should take place among the rise of Julius Cesar and the eventual assassination involving a Gaulish assassin during the Gallic wars and the eventual defeat of him and the rise of the assassin order among the roman empire, then taking place as BRUTUS on the hunt and the assassination of the great Julius Cesar OR i want to see an assassin with my heritage either more of Connor as myself being Mohawk blooded and i am also dutch since dutch and Mohawk blood was fluent among new york i believe we should see a dutch or German or even Celtic or Irish there are so many ideas we really cant decide since Desmond's story is just about done. its all up to Ubisoft. god i hope its based on brutus

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Holy necrobump.

Honestly...we'll probably get like a couple more games set in the colonial era before going somewhere else now.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
They can set the next AC game in hell for all I care by this point.

Hype: evaporated. Sympathy for Ubisoft: none. Cynicism: maximum.

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
I haven`t read the whole thread and i`m sure it`s been already posted but the first thing that came up after reading the title was a caribbean setting with lots of pirates and this sweet looking naval combat.

Rumpsteak

Nov 7, 2011
"Soxafloppin"

Soxafloppin said:
The advent of the mighty British Empire during Victorian England.

Followed by Egypt then Feudal Japan.

But, if we're all honest it should be set in Belfast, Northern Ireland. During the height of the troubles.

Well, for me personally, that would be very weird and at the same time amazing seeing as I grew up in belfast.

OT: I would like to see it take place in ancient china. Just strikes me as being very different from what they've done up to this point.

EDIT: Well, isn't this an old thread. Leaving post intact despite.

shrimpcel

Sep 5, 2011
The Russian Revolution for sure!

They can retell the stories of the comic books for this one.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
The Australian settlement. I would love that for show.

Or a present day setting, but with the guns...I have no damn idea on how that would work. >.<
I look forward to the next game in the series but I'm still thinking about the 3rd. D:

StevenCYoung

Mar 25, 2013
None of the above. Regarding the future of the Assassin's Creed series I believe there should be multiple games with a setting ranging from the French Revolution to the Napoleonic Empire. I advocate that during the first game (maybe called Assassin's Creed V: Anarchy) there should be an English diplomat in France who also happened to be a spy. This being, he was thoroughly involved with various participants of the Reign of Terror, gaining allies such as Jean Marie Roland, whom was then sent to the guillotine, which alarmed the protagonist (and even made him seek revenge and social justice, which is always a factor of the AC series) and Charlotte Corday, whom he sent to kill the radical Marat. The settings should be Paris in 1795, and after the Reign of Terror the protagonist flees to England via a port in Marseille (another setting) because of Napoleon's threat (Napoleon sent hired killers to murder the protagonist as he was a threat to Napoleon's power and Templar influence). Once he arrives, he finds Connor (Ratonhaké:ton) conversing with his brother at the Manor (which would be nearby Bristol, granting us another setting). Ratonhaké:ton specifies that once Napoleon reacquired Louisiana he acquired the Piece of Eden as he sent Louis-Alexandre Berthier in order to accomplish the mission. Berthier sent raiders to the Homestead, and although Connor was able to save all the inhabitants by making them board the Aquila (which parted for Boston), Berthier's mercenaries still acquired the Piece of Eden and sent it back to France securely. This episode would be a DLC for AC3. Afterwards the protagonist (I should leave his name to Ubisoft in case they consider my proposal) would frequently travel to major European capitals as Madrid, Copenhagen,Lisbon, and Vienna. In Madrid, he unsuccessfully tried to manipulate Spain into entering the British protectorate. In Copenhagen, the protagonist would serve as an ambassador after receiving an Anglo-Imperial letter signed by George IV and the Parliament, which once again didn't succeed, so he issued an invasion, of which he participated. In Lisbon, he finally successfully promoted the British Protectorate and accompanied the Portuguese Court to Rio de Janeiro (which is a limited scenario such as Bunker Hill in AC3 or Rome in AC2- only to be delimited with a DLC which could serve as "Memoirs Within the Lusitanian Court). Then, he returned to London where he and the entire English government schemed the Six Days' Campaign. The following week they parted to the reconstructed Napoleonic Paris to perform the mission, and after a week they were en-route to Elba (limited scenario), where Napoleon was to be exiled. For an year he enjoyed various titled primarily under the restored French court under Louis XVIII of France as they thanked him for his diplomacies for France, while in London it was his ally, the Duke of Wellington, whom was rewarded the titles. During the year of 1814 the protagonist was occupied with the mission of helping the Austrians with the deposition of Joachim Murat (Napoleon's brother-in-law). He left to his Manor in Bristol, but after a month (this episode will be a DLC) Napoleon returned from Elba and regained power. This was expressed from Wellington's visit to the Manor, and they then parted to Wallonia via Antwerp (a countryside scenario such as the Frontier in AC3). There, they campaigned until Napoleon finally and ultimately confronted them (and was defeated) in Waterloo.