Ubisoft: Assassin's Creed II Less Repetitive, Is "Unpredictable"

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I don't normally buy brand new 360 games because of the price tag (aside from CoD and the Orange Box), but I might have to make an exception for this one. It sounds pretty interesting.

Jul 9, 2008
WanderFreak said:
You're playing a mission, ready to attack while flying one of DaVinci's creati--ROBERT LANGDON?! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Seriously though, this is good stuff to be hearing. That was the only real problem I had with the first (and the flag collecting) but if they make it less repeat repeat repeat it could be epic awesome.
Apparently, the flag hunting is being overhauled as well, with collectibles that A)Are more logically found and B)Have an effect on gameplay, rather than just achievements.

Firebert

Jan 27, 2009
This sounds really promising, as I loved the original and this is a definite improvement.
I too will have to actually buy it when it comes out (first time I do it for an xbox game!).

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
bue519 said:
cleverlymadeup said:
yeah i hope they make it better, the first game was pretty boring after the first 2 missions since it was mostly the same thing

honestly they should take a lot from infamous, including the climbing of buildings. i've compared infamous to assassin's creed but say it's they way it should have been
Yeah I kinda like the auto grabbing of ledges and not having to hold a button for it.
it's not only that it's that while it does repeat a lot of stuff, there's enough variety to keep everything fresh, assassin's creed just stagnated after the first city or so, there wasn't enough variety, i mean there was either a pick the pocket, listen to the guy or beat someone up anda couple side missions

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
AMCization said:
Aby_Z said:
needausername said:
Does this game have a release date yet?
Nov 17 2009
Wait, Nov 17, isn't that...

L4D2 as well?
Hmm... A game from developer who listens to clients, or a sequel to game I've just bought for 30 EUR and feel ripped off and it's a game from developers who don't give a shit about clients...

WHAT A HARD DECISHUN.

rohit9891

Jan 21, 2009
Hope they include more combos for attacks rather than using the same counter attacks every time we fight against an opponent.

DaBozz

May 27, 2009
Please please please ubi, no quicktime events for the combat...
thats all I ask...

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
If they get rid of the beggar women and crazy lepers who ONLY attack you and somehow alert the guards, then I'll be happy.

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
bue519 said:
cleverlymadeup said:
yeah i hope they make it better, the first game was pretty boring after the first 2 missions since it was mostly the same thing

honestly they should take a lot from infamous, including the climbing of buildings. i've compared infamous to assassin's creed but say it's they way it should have been
Yeah I kinda like the auto grabbing of ledges and not having to hold a button for it.
Really? The climbing in that game felt really unpolished... I hated it. AC climbing I loved. Although, I don't understand why you have to hold down the FEET button to CLIMB

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Why is this on the news page? We knew this for ages already. That said, it's still great to hear. I just started AC again after barely touching it after I got it, and even though the flaws I disliked back then I enjoy it a lot more. Mainly because I don't suck at the combat as much as I sucked at it back then, though I must say that I still find moves like the double kill combo a bit too narrow on the timing. Combat shouldn't be easier, but please make pulling off combo moves a bit less annoying by giving us a bit more margin in wich we can press that second button. That can be balanced out by making the guards fight more active, for example.

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
I don't care what they do, if my awesome ninja descending eagle knife pounce of awesome gets blocked again, I'm going to eat a brick. I waited through like 5 minutes of crap just for a gap in the crowd so I could do the awesome move, then the son of a ***** flips me. I didn't mind the stupid horse riding, or the repetitiveness, and I could deal with the crazy dudes and the beggars, it was always their counters which drove me absolutely insane. I mean it was Assassins Creed, I'm meant to be able to do some Assassin type stuff, not fight with two dozen guards and a bloody mule, I'm supposed to be sneaky.

Other than my hate for the blocking system, I hope they can keep a lot of the coolness of the old game, some of the scenery was just amazing.

edit: Now I'm on a new page and feel awkward.

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
Broken Wings said:
This is getting better and better. I'm glad Ubi actually listened to their audience. This is a momentous day maybe all game devs will start listening to people, maybe EA will create a game and then not reskin it a year later. Dare to dreams boys and girls, dare to dream.
Don`t get carried away

DownOnTheUpside

Jan 5, 2008
Woot! I loved the first game so I can't wait for this one to come out. I hear much complaining about the combat in the first one and I can agree to an extent. I would watch my friend play the game and when he fought guards, he would just sit there and fight every guard that came up which got boring... This is how I could really only see the combat being repetitive. I would always just kill one or two then break off and run. The escape was the most exciting part of the game to me. But I am glad they are improving the fighting system, it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. Oh and I watched some of the trailers and it looks like a gun has been added to his arsenal which will be interesting.

But all in all, nice to see a developer listening to the people for once!

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
Sounds good, but I'd estimate two thirds of what they say will be lies. Same old story, constant disappointment will be experienced if we believe the hype.

Also, if there is not a gondola escape scene the game will be an utter failure.