Ubisoft: Assassin's Creed II Less Repetitive, Is "Unpredictable"

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Keane Ng said:
Ubisoft: Assassin's Creed II Less Repetitive, Is "Unpredictable"

the missions those givers will dole out to you won't always be chores like pickpocketing or interrogation that grinded on the patience of some gamers before. "There is no limit now to the types of challenges we can give to players," Puel said, giving examples of assassination, intimidation or "info-gathering" missions. "We are very careful to create a lot of variation in the types of gameplay and pace we are proposing."
I don't mean to nit-pick. In fact, I am excited for AC2, as I loved the first. But the differances that Puel gave for differing mission types than the first, namely, assassinations, intimidation, and Info-gathering, seem strikingly familure. Intimidation in the first was an option; just beat a man with your fists until he told you all you needed to know. Info-Gathering was also known as Ease dropping from the benches (and also the fist beating part). Then assassinations; it just seems odd that THIS should be the first difference noted; I mean, the game is called Assassins Creed.

I'm sure they've mixed things up just nicely. :) But when called to give examples, it seems like a bad choice of samples to give out.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Nice, but if it happens to be repetitive (even one small part), someone at Ubisoft is gonna get hurt reaaaal bad.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
"Less predictable" you say?

I'd like to see a game like Assassin's Creed have a built-in AI director like Left 4 Dead. See how your little assassin likes it when forty guards spontaneously pour through a broken window while he's trying to sneak around the market square.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
The first one was okay. It could have been awesome, but some things really dragged it down.

Ubisoft know what they are doing, they litsened to the fans and have made changes to fit the demands.

Now where is my REAL Price Of Persia 4?...