Ubisoft Cancels U.K. Release of We Dare

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
The title is retarded!!! It would read much better with "We Dare is not coming out in the UK"

Other than that, they are probably not missing out. =)

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Wow, your advertising actually caused you to be unable to sell a game. The irony.

this isnt my name said:
I live in Wales havent heaared a thing. However afer reading this.
High five.

Man was that advertisement sleazy. I was embarrassed just watching it. Then I wanted to meet the brunette.

Comando96

May 26, 2009
Well this serves them right, losing out on the inevitable sales from the mindless Nintendo audience (not all of the audience are, but supply and demand says someone is buying the crap stuff).

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
Ubisoft, you are a bunch of baboons with Down syndrome. You have lost all credibility with me, what was left of it after the whole DRM thing anyway. Stop giving all those hack therapists and feel good groups ammunition!

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
Good work ubisoft, now if you could get around to not releasing this dumpster fodder anywhere else you can clean the rest of this nonsense up. Also go hit yourself with something heavy... such a stupid stupid game + ad campaign

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
1) Ubisoft made an admittedly stupid commercial.
2) Parents predictably overreacted. This was as much their fault for not being informed as it was Ubisoft's for making such a misleading commercial.
3) I doubt most gamers are going to be running off to the store to grab this on release day anyway.
4) OH GOD NOT SEX, ANYTHING BUT SEX.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Great! No I'm serious! Fucking Great! Ubisoft has finnally made a good move since PoP remake.

Now my grandmother won't nag me to get it for her Christmas!

Centrophy

Dec 24, 2009
RivFader86 said:
I really really don't understand Ubisoft's approach...i mean why push for a 12+ rating at all? Who would buy this game? Adults going "meh the game is 12+ rated so it can't be all that daring can it now" ? or actually teens at that age who would want to buy it even more if it was 18+ or so rated (and let's face it we all know that if you want a game/cigarettes/alcohol you aren't allowed to buy yet you can get it anyway)

Still remember how badly i wanted to see "the evil dead" when i was around 15 because it was supposedly this super gory banned (which it actually was in germany for a period of time) movie with a perverted tree.
Supposedly Ubisoft wanted a higher rating. PEGI refused to give the game one because they base their ratings off the actual content of the game not the context or the advertising, hence, the 12+ rating. Still, this was Ubisoft's bad. They should have received the rating before releasing any advertising then they could have dialed it back and the world would have been left with one less embarrassing commercial.

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
pah, there are plenty of children in the UK who manage to get ideas like "let's have unprotected sex" all by themselves

The UK should be tackling the REAL causes of this, as oppose to POTENTIAL influences.

Of course, these do-good politicians and parents know what is best for kids. That is why we have so many obese/pregnant/school failures/gangs in the UK...

I am going to stop ranting...in fairness the game did not look so interesting anyway. I certainly would not have bought it. When it comes to "after-eight" I prefer to use my imagination

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
Jaime_Wolf said:
1) Ubisoft made an admittedly stupid commercial.
2) Parents predictably overreacted. This was as much their fault for not being informed as it was Ubisoft's for making such a misleading commercial.
3) I doubt most gamers are going to be running off to the store to grab this on release day anyway.
4) OH GOD NOT SEX, ANYTHING BUT SEX.
5) ???
6) PROFIT!

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
Wait a minute, you mean to say that We Dare is a real game?! I thought it was just a joke, ah well nobody was going to buy it anyway, what I don't get is why they decided to ban it in the UK, Americans are much more uptight aren't they?

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
RatRace123 said:
If Ubisoft didn't run that stupid ad, none of this would've happened.
The game would've come out, bombed and faded from memory within a month.
Exactly. I mean it looks like a bad game, would've sucked and then would've been forgotten (and the idea would be dismissed in the future). As such, this advertisement just stirs things up...it was actually pretty successful.

Small Dragon

Sep 30, 2010
From what I hear about We Dare, I'm not surprised that this has happened. In my opinion, It might be a fun game but is still a little inappropriate for the people who buy games these days. I mean lets face it, I was in a Black Ops lobby with an eight year old before. Not exactly ready for a game which is about sex... It is about sex right?

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
Next thing you know, it'll be Australia, and then Germany, and then France, etc etc etc

How about you just throw your hands up now, Ubisoft, and not release your shovelware anywhere? Seems to make a whole lot more sense than striking countries off the map every week or so.

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
This is all ubisofts fault you cant blame the parents and watchdogs they advertised a game as a sex sim essentially but it really wasnt, ubisoft sould have had better marketing on this.

SweEscaspist

Oct 13, 2010
Beh, can't they just can the whole game instead. It's ugly looking and the gameplay just looks awful. I think it's gonna flop, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig time!