Ubisoft CEO Impressed With NX, Says it Will Offer a "New Experience"

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
"Even when Nintendo fails, it's not Nintendo's fault".
That's the MAGIC of Nintendo!

OT: Nintendo obviously wants to keep the mystery box shit going for as long as they can before they reveal the console. Because when they do people will find concrete things to complain about, which will then spread through word of mouth and hamper consumer interest. The only thing we have to complain about now is that we haven't seen it yet.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Gee, it's like I traveled back in time few months before the WiiU release.

Are Ubisoft's and EA's opinions relevant, at all, when talking about Nintendo? They jumped the ship before the ship was even in the planing process. All they do is talk how it's unique and good and how they want to see what other developer will do with it. I can't be the only one who noticed they always talk about other developer and never what they will do with it.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Every new Nintendo console Ubisoft always gets behind at the start then basically all but ceases development a year or two later.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Good to see the Nintendo cycle is still rolling on as usual...It's a bit weird that we still don't know anything about the console. I hate that it wasn't shown off at TGS but each day passed is another day closer to the reveal. I'm hoping the N-Cycle is broken when the thing finally launches but EA didn't even give the Wii U 90 days and it seemed like every other dev that "really liked" the U ran away from it in next to no time after that launched.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I gave up on Nintendo when the wii came out. Maybe it's being old but I was never going to use motion controls (I feel the same way about the new wave of VR).

I do not think Ubisoft will be the company to convince me I was wrong.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Meh.

Ubisoft has stuck with Nintendo making THE most gimmick based games on their Wii and Wii U consoles. I won't be taking their excitement as signs of anything more than hearsay to we know what the hell the NX is.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009

Seriously, just show us the goods Nintendo.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
This just in: NX becomes the new Half-Life 3! I said it so you don't have to.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
BiH-Kira said:

Are Ubisoft's and EA's opinions relevant, at all, when talking about Nintendo? They jumped the ship before the ship was even in the planing process. All they do is talk how it's unique and good and how they want to see what other developer will do with it. I can't be the only one who noticed they always talk about other developer and never what they will do with it.
Well Ubisoft and EA at least tried releasing their games on WiiU for a while until eventually got fed up with nintendos shit and gave up. So yes, thier opinions are relevant, at least as relevant as any other third party developer.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Strazdas said:
BiH-Kira said:

Well Ubisoft and EA at least tried releasing their games on WiiU for a while until eventually got fed up with nintendos shit and gave up. So yes, thier opinions are relevant, at least as relevant as any other third party developer.
I'm sorry, but delaying a finished exclusive game for over half a year after the supposed date only to release it at the same time on other consoles and PC, releasing a buggy survival horror that has literally one single attack animation while you're supposed to kill almost everything in your way and releasing a buggy port of the last part of a trilogy without any of the DLC for the full price while literally a week earlier releasing the whole trilogy with every DLC for cheaper on another console does not count as "trying". Unless you mean that they tried to sabotage their own games on the WiiU just to have a excuse to drop the console. Then yes, they tried their hardest because you can't fuck so much shit up by accident.

Every single game they released was:
1. buggy as fuck
2. looked worse than on the Xbox 360 which is weaker
3. was more expensive
4. lacked DLC
5. was released months later because "the WiiU was not on the priority list" - developer that "tried"

Yeah, they "tried".

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
BiH-Kira said:
Strazdas said:
BiH-Kira said:

I'm sorry, but delaying a finished exclusive game for over half a year after the supposed date only to release it at the same time on other consoles and PC, releasing a buggy survival horror that has literally one single attack animation while you're supposed to kill almost everything in your way and releasing a buggy port of the last part of a trilogy without any of the DLC for the full price while literally a week earlier releasing the whole trilogy with every DLC for cheaper on another console does not count as "trying". Unless you mean that they tried to sabotage their own games on the WiiU just to have a excuse to drop the console. Then yes, they tried their hardest because you can't fuck so much shit up by accident.

Every single game they released was:
1. buggy as fuck
2. looked worse than on the Xbox 360 which is weaker
3. was more expensive
4. lacked DLC
5. was released months later because "the WiiU was not on the priority list" - developer that "tried"

Yeah, they "tried".
Sure it does. It only does not count as trying if you ignore all the Nintendo meddling nonsense they have go to through to even get on WiiU. MS and Sony has some barriers for entry for their console, but Nontendo is basically "do it our way or we will fuck you over" situation. And no, they didnt delay a finished exclusve game, they were trying to make it work with outdated shit tech that is in WiiU.

Also you do realize this is Ubisoft and EA were talking about? thier games being buggy is not them fucking someone over, its the default state of their business.

Well no, Xbox 360 is not weaker. It has a better processor for one, used PowerPC architecture for two.

And yes, why should a joke of a console thats holding the marker 10 years backwards be the priority list?

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
Bad Player said:
That was the big problem with the Wii U--it offered something unique, but because of that it got very little third party support and barely any games worth getting.
A dual screen gaming device that also has a touch screen was not unique when the Wii U came out.

Nintendo has realized and acknowledged that the lack of games was a huge problem for the Wii U, and said that they're not going to make that mistake again with the NX. It's Nintendo, so I think they'll be able to manage... but I'm not going to believe it until I actually see it.
Nintendo sounds like Peter Molyneux here. They have been down this road before with the N64 and the Gamecube and they got lucky with the Wii. Many of it's third party games were shovelware but they did exist so...yay?

It's good that you aren't just believing everything Peter Molyneux Nintendo says.