Ubisoft Considers Annual Assassin's Creed 3 Sequels

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I don't think the games are even that worth following. The story is over emphasized by a lot of people because while it's serviceable, it's not that good. Ezio wasn't that interesting of a character, especially in AssCreed 2. So far, from what I've read about Connor, I don't find him an interesting character at all so far.

All my opinions aside though, planning annual sequels before a game is out is just stupid and indicative of Ubisoft themselves. I have bought all the games so far, but the last tree (read: the entire AssCreed 2 trilogy) I bought for super cheap on sale. And I can't even say for sure that it was worth the pittance I spent on it. Planned milking is not a positive thing.

Also, of course the AssCreed 2 trilogy was worth their time, they didn't have to make new character models, new architecture, new textures or anything. They basically got to reuse assets for three games that were released a year apart and sold for $60 each. Combine that with the last 2 being incomplete on purpose and you get a big old fuck you from Ubisoft.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
gambler778 said:
Please don't milk this series like Call of Duty, Ubisoft. Keep some of your integrity.
I think it's kind of already being milked. They released the AssCreed 2 trilogy over the course of three years. AssCreed 3 will be the fourth game in as many years.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
So how many sequels until Connor has double hook-blades and arrow/bomb crafting?

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Well, they just assassinated my hopes of more new characters in this series

OT: Haven't played the games, but go with what works I guess

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
I'm already planning on avoiding AssCreed3 because I hate the way Ubisoft has whored out the franchise and taken advantage of their fans, so this doesn't really affect me.
Fuck you Ubisoft.

Webb Myers

May 17, 2010
Calm down people. To get in the right frame of mind, go to the library (or Amazon) and look up the "Ethan Gage" series by William Dietrich. There is plenty of stuff going on in that time period for Assassins and Templars to get involved in.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I just hope connor isnt a dick..thats all I want

TBH 3 games kind of burned me out with assasisn creed and Ezio

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Shocksplicer said:
I'm already planning on avoiding AssCreed3 because I hate the way Ubisoft has whored out the franchise and taken advantage of their fans, so this doesn't really affect me.
Fuck you Ubisoft.
what?

AC3 actually seems like the [i/]right[/i] thing to do (as in new setting, new charachter, shake up the gameplay)

sure I can understand not wanting to buy Assasins Creed: Wild Wild West ,Assasins Creed: the good the bad and the ugly?....Assasins Creed: "the assasins single handisly end the slave trade and free the slaves..Assasins creed: MARTIN LUTHER KING WAS TOTALLY AN ASSASISN..CUZ ASSASINS ARE BADASS YO

but AC3 where we should have been after AC2

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I guess they didn't notice that they got worse with each outing then. Quite literally the only things better were the new combat features, and even then they were simply a little more variety to the "block-counter-attack win-everything" combination.

The actual story of Brotherhood and Revelations were so minimal and short they could have been DLC for ACII if they had wanted to. The rest was all padding.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I don't mind more Assassin's Creed goodness, since the games have been consistently entertaining. On the other I'm worried about some of the stuff already discussed here, like a drop in quality in favor of shoveling out the games.

All in all, bring on the Assassin's Creed, as long as you keep up an entertaining story, fleshing out the conflict and the universe. Not just new weapons and shit with no coherent story.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Well I already wasn?t going to touch this game at all due to them mentioning they were planning on releasing episodic DLC. At least until the game of the year edition went on sale Now I?ll just wait it out (maybe) 5 years until they put a bundle pack together...that is of course unless these Episodic DLC?s are the annual releases.

Murmillos

Silly Deerthing
Feb 13, 2011
As long as they learned their lesson from Revelations, I'm on board.
I, was a chore but it had that potential.
II, fixed nearly all the problems from I.
BH, was like II, but with 50% more awesome.
Rev, was made up from the scraps of BH; that should have been left as scraps.

I can't get me enough of AC! I love this shit.

BBboy20

Jun 27, 2011
Wait, what? This is suppose to be the end of the trilogy, right? I mean, this game is suppose to sum up what the first two games started, right?

RustlessPotato

Aug 17, 2009
BBboy20 said:
Wait, what? This is suppose to be the end of the trilogy, right? I mean, this game is suppose to sum up what the first two games started, right?
I was under the impression that this was the end of the Desmond trilogy. And the extra games that will come under the Assassins Creed 3 ship will probably be more about Connor.

If they have finished with Desmond, I wouldn't be surprised they'll make a new Assassins Creed where you play as ancestors of a different guy.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
arc1991 said:
I laughed when i saw this :') cause i knew people would be like "NOOOOOOOOO LET IT DIE"

Personally i have enjoyed all AC games apart from the first, so i'm not bothered, if they keep the core mechanics the same i'm fine with this.
Same. Revelations was forgettable, but still fun while it lasted. I still occasionally play the multiplayer. I got my money's worth.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Vault101 said:
Shocksplicer said:
Fuck you Ubisoft.
what?

AC3 actually seems like the [i/]right[/i] thing to do (as in new setting, new charachter, shake up the gameplay)

sure I can understand not wanting to buy Assasins Creed: Wild Wild West ,Assasins Creed: the good the bad and the ugly?....Assasins Creed: "the assasins single handisly end the slave trade and free the slaves..Assasins creed: MARTIN LUTHER KING WAS TOTALLY AN ASSASISN..CUZ ASSASINS ARE BADASS YO

but AC3 where we should have been after AC2
It's nothing against AC3, I'm just sick of buying Assassins Creed games after the mediocre game that Brotherhood and the short, story-free cut-and-paste ripoff that was Revelations.