Ubisoft Officially Announces Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Phoenix8541

No Regrets
Sep 10, 2012
One of the few games that I haven't been able to keep up with the pace of new releases. I'm interested in the concept and they teased with naval warfare in the last installment so well see how much it is like AC or pirates of the Caribbean lol. I'm optimistic though

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
I was stoked for AC3 and I found it pretty enjoyable albeit a bit repetitive (and both Connors and Desmonds endings sucked). For some reason this announcement mostly leaves me uncaring. I've played 5 AC games by this point, perhaps it is simply time for me to move on from the series?

level27smartass

Jun 23, 2012
I really liked Connor and didn't think he was man child. He struck me as an Idealist weary of the contradictions that surround the cause which he supports. Call me a neck-beard with a throbbing history stiffy but, Connor is a Native American who is supporting the revolution even though both sides are being run by the white land owning males. Also keep in mind how Connor is the first protagonist in AC series to be born at the bottom of social structure he lives in.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
ugh... I was so syched back when the first AC was announced. Imagine that, a game about assassins. The fact they even briefly touched on religious and philosophical questions was even more invaluable for me at the time. Then along came AC2, which reinvented the gameplay and added a charismatic new character. Revelations started to feel like a bit of a drag after Brotherhood, but hey, it still had Ezio. AC3 was a huge disappointment, and I doubt this one will be any better.

Ubisoft, I'm disappoint.

EDIT: Also, make a proper fucking female lead for once, jeez...

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Okay When some said AC4 would be Assassin's creed but with pirates and that could be a fun Pirate game i thought they were joking...

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
more naval combat \o/

Free roaming open sea ship combat with Parkour on and in ships?

Look it doesn't look weird to have a hooded sailor walking on a deck of a ship! he totally blends in!
/sarcasm

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
Pirate ninja assassins?
I can dig this.[footnote]Though he is required to wear a Barbossa-style hat.[/footnote]

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
AHA! So THIS is why AC3 sucked in the story department so hard....sequel bait...

Should have just created a proper end for the series and moved on to new characters all together...

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
As always, I'll wait until the game is out and see what the perception is before making my decision on whether or not to give it a try. Assassin's Creed 3 was a huge disappointment to me overall. However, the ship missions were easily the best part of the game, and some of the most fun I had on my Xbox in all of 2012. I said at the time that if Ubisoft wanted to make a whole game focused just around that specific template, I'd lap it up.

What I meant by that statement though, was that it should be a new fucking IP! Seriously, if you don't want to continue making games based around the core experience of the original Assassin's Creed (which clearly you don't) then stop making Assassin's Creed games. We want big new IP, we crave it even, and I don't think the AAA market has ever seen a good game based entirely around pirates that I can recall, certainly not in decades. Ubisoft is one of the few publishers with the expertise and resources to really make this work on a AAA level; so please Ubi, stop trying to tie in these fresh new ideas into an old IP that they have nothing to do with, because all that happens is the impact of both the new ideas, and the core experience of the old IP, gets diluted.

n00beffect

May 8, 2009
Hell yeah! Pirates! F-ing. Sweet! I was afraid that the next logical step in the series would be Nazi Germany, followed by modern day warfare bollocks, completely shifting the gameplay to extensive gun use. (thank f*ck it's not that). Can't wait to here more.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
"AC party tonight. AC party to-" oh its not that Black Flag, I'm not as interested now. I think Ubisoft should lay off the AC games for awhile, its hard to get excited about a new one every year.

On a side note if this game gets pirated, I wonder how long before role playing is used as an excuse? :p

Edit

Dammit ninja'd