UK pedo caught by DSi. Confesses to sex (multiple times) with girl (9-11), Gets 3.5 years. Wat.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
That's it. Anyone who gets out of jail for this kind of shit, I hereby give permission to everyone with a handgun to BLOW THEIR FUCKING GENITALS OFF. Because clearly, the justice systems need help.

Ramin 123

Apr 23, 2010
@VigoSiux
You think this bad, wait til the Sun newspaper gets a hold of it...oh dear God

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Fawxy said:
3.5 years.

And when he gets out, he'll fucking do the exact same thing again.

Justice? What justice?
You can't know what he's gonna do when he gets out.
You know what they're gonna do to him inside once they find out he's a child molester? 3.5 years is long enough, don't worry.

Poor girl. But brave and clever.

Mike Laserbeam

Dec 10, 2010
Wow, I'm surprised by the amount of very far-right users of the Escapist there appear to be.

Nobody deserves capital punishment. Nobody. That's why we don't have it in the UK, because we finally realised that it's wrong. So all the people that are piping up with "Oh this sicko should be murdered for what he's done!" I'm disappointed.

A man commits a crime, he is given a punishment. If you have a problem with the way it works, become a prosecuting lawyer.

Child molestation is a horrible thing, but you need to stop treating these cases like genocide.

Bassik

Jun 15, 2011
The guy is gonna get all the attention he deserves in prison.
My [someone I know] went to prison for dealing coke, and from what I have heard, criminals do not like child molesters.

Also: What's with all the blood lust? Are you not happy the horrible ordeal is over for the little kid? Do you really want to torture this guy? Or do you want someone else to torture him, because you are not only bloodthirsty but also a coward?

Dec 14, 2009
This is normal for this sort of crime, and jail time is just that.

Jail time. He'll have to attend all manner of groups and rehabilitation units for years afterwards.

Rehab has always been a better alternative than locking people away for 30 years, but hey, get kids involved and it apparently becomes okay to advocate the wholesale murder of people.

Quite funny, don't you think?

Matt King

Mar 15, 2010
maybe in the next 3.5 years he will realise what it is to be sexually abused by a man over double his size, and then maybe he will stop

(basically i'm saying maybe he will be raped by a big burly prisoner and learn the error of his ways)

Halfstache

Feb 3, 2012
3 and a half years is plenty long, considering he'll have to deal with this his whole life anyway.

And although it's been said several times already in this thread, I'll say it as well since some people still haven't learned.
Pedophile =/= Child molester.

VonKlaw

Jan 30, 2012
Mike Laserbeam said:
Child molestation is a horrible thing, but you need to stop treating these cases like genocide.
The irony here being that you could be arrested here for commiting genocide and you'd still only get sent to prison (or more likely we'd make up some bullshit excuse for letting you leave, Mugabe anyone?).

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I'm actually impressed that the girl had thought to use her DSi to grab evidence of it. This is probably a pretty good counter argument to anyone who claims that video games are useless or even cause violence.

As for the sentencing, he was noted to have confessed at a pretty early opportunity. When you cooperate with the police, you tend to get lighter sentences. He also seems to be getting treatment. I'm sorry, I don't think it is a travesty of justice here.

tofulove

Sep 6, 2009
Fawxy said:
3.5 years.

And when he gets out, he'll fucking do the exact same thing again.

Justice? What justice?
thats 3.5 years of constant rape and brutal beatings. pedos in prison are the lowest in the totem pole, every one beats on them.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
The UK is far too lenient on criminals to be honest, this guy should go away for much longer.

It's kinda like that case of the M5 rapist (I think that's what they're calling him) in the news recently, he sexually assaulted all those women and a couple of children too and he only gets 12 years, he should be put away for the rest of his life if you ask me.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
The cries for castration / mutilation and outright death for this man is pretty disgusting in itself. All it will bring is self gratification to the people who want it. No matter how fucked up the crime was, the punishment has no need to be so barbaric.

I will say though, he is getting off lightly. Too lightly. Unless there's something else that the article is not stating as it looks rather short. Perhaps rehabilitation, psychological treatment? I also hope the girl and her family are also getting the help they need.

Dec 14, 2009
Liquidacid23 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
This is normal for this sort of crime, and jail time is just that.

Jail time. He'll have to attend all manner of groups and rehabilitation units for years afterwards.

Rehab has always been a better alternative than locking people away for 30 years, but hey, get kids involved and it apparently becomes okay to advocate the wholesale murder of people.

Quite funny, don't you think?
penology has such a phenomenal failure rate that it still amazes me any rational person is naive enough to think it's a better or even worthwhile alternative... imprisonment as punishment at least pretty much always achieves it's objectives of punishment and removing them from society where as rehab almost never achieves any of it's goals

I say drop him in general pop in the prison and make sure the guards inform the other inmates of his crimes... he will be dealt with accordingly
Penology still has a long way to go, and is finding more success in some countries (namely, Scandinavian nations) than others.

But only through its failures can we make it better. I don't consider every criminal a viable subject for rehab, but it's certainly an area worthy of investment.

After watching The Shawshank Redemption, I simply can't advocate the idea that a person should be punished their entire lives for a very stupid mistake.

Not everyone can be redeemed, but we should certainly try.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
So lets ignore the fact that pedophilia actually isn't the result of demonic possession, it's a psychological malfunction that can probably be "fixed" with enough effort. And even if he HAD done this just because he's a terrible person who likes making others suffer, how exactly does horribly killing him make the world SUCH a better place then if we just toss him in a cell for the rest of his life? Oh, and then there's this:
Esotera said:
Apparently no-one here has the ability to read secondary sources, because they alone have said that the abuser has borderline learning disabilities, and is getting a whole lot of treatment that goes far beyond 3.5 years.

You don't need to go to jail for hundreds of years to have effective punishment/rehabilitation.
Put in bold to get people's attention. Not that it'll help.
Actually, I believe that paedophilia is by and large a sexual orientation. But there are plenty of paedophiles who don't act on it. I think those who don't should be free to receive help without persecution, whilst those who go ahead and molest kids should be punished severely. Castration is a fair punishment, this bastard's sexuality makes him a menace to children.