UK Xbox Magazine Teases Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Details

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
this isnt my name said:
AAnd so the transformation into gears effect 3 is complete. Congbratulations Bioware you must be so proud that you ripped off so much.
Aaaaaaaand you didn't read the article, did you?

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
I wouldn't care about stuff like deathmatch or capture the flag but I would love the opportunity to play as Mordin in co-op.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Shycte said:
I think that we can let Mass Effect 3 pass without any multiplayer. Just like I let my breakfest pass without insects on my sandwich.
... you have a sandwich for breakfast?
I think that's the real story here. :p

But anyway, don't really care, never played the mass efects nad not a big fan of bioware, but it just seems pointless to add multiplayer.
(read in a very dis-interested voice)

God i'm bored.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
And I'll say exactly what I said on twitter when a friend linked me yesterday. No. Just no

Azhrarn-101

Jul 15, 2008
This can't be anything but a bad thing, because the most likely thing to happen is that they'll sacrifice story to work more on multiplayer. This series has been 100% single player so far, why would you even add multiplayer now!?

In other words, I really hope they're dead wrong on this.

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
No no no no no no no no no and hellllll no. The first two games did just fine without the multiplayer so I don't see why the third one needs it. If you must make a multiplayer Mass Effect game, just make it about the contact wars.

Vitagen

Apr 25, 2010
No, please. Just NO MULTIPLAYER. Not in Mass Effect.

I'm not one of these anti-multiplayer people, I actually LOVE multiplayer. It's just that it has it's place and that place is not in Mass Effect.

The way I look at it, Mass Effect is about me as Commander Shepard and the decisions that I make while in his/her shoes, not about whether or not hogging all the thermal clips makes me a ******. Please, Bioware, I hope that you are honest when tossing this nonsense aside as rumors.

And yes, I know that if there was multiplayer, I wouldn't have to play it, but it being there would still irritate me.

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
this isnt my name said:
AAnd so the transformation into gears effect 3 is complete. Congbratulations Bioware you must be so proud that you ripped off so much.
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Shycte said:
I think that we can let Mass Effect 3 pass without any multiplayer. Just like I let my breakfest pass without insects on my sandwich.
I think you can enjoy your regular sandwich and let those who enjoy an insect diet enjoy theirs as well. After all, you're not even sitting at the same table.

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
I just could never see Mass Effect`s combat mechanics working as a multiplayer game. Does their combat work well in a story mode/team based setting where there`s various enemy types? yes, and a horde mode could "technically" work with that style. But DM, TDM, and CTF? Really? REALLY? The last thing that would work well is a bunch of commander shepards swat rolling around omni blading each other. Nice try Xbox World.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Adultratedhydra said:
the fact that multiplayer has no purpose in Mass Effect and the fact that the company has denied the idea multiple times doesn't stop a magazine from trying to boost sales. Are they stupid for doing it? or are people going to be stupid for believing them?
Then again, they said the same about Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed, and both turned out to have surprisingly good and very refreshing multiplayer modes.

However, I'm not really seeing that happen with Mass Effect. My guess is that it'll play similar to Gears of War or Uncharted or something. Nothing bad, but nothing that really stands out either. If they can make it stand out, power to them really. It has happened before afterall.

But one thing has to be made sure of regardless of what they do; it should not influence the quality of the singleplayer campaign in a negative way.

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
Wouldn't a Co-Op mode ruin the "single player experience" more than a standalone competitive multiplayer? Mind you, I think have a parallel co-op mode separate from the single player story avoids this, but I never understood the advocacy for adding Co-Op to the single player and having a friend play as a squad mate. That seems like the worst of all the options, to me.

Clonekiller

Dec 7, 2010
Multiplayer in Mass Effect strikes me as... Unlikely so say the least. I mean, EA is kinda like the Illusive man in that they subtly leak information to the press and then smile when it's discovered. EA is not smiling. In addition, I have a feeling that Casey Hudson wouldn't sacrifice vital story and development time to bring about a multiplayer experience that arguably most of the fan base will hate. I'm just going to chock it up to a gamers version of a tabloid and see what BioWare REALLY does.

getoffmycloud

Jun 13, 2011
Has anyone ever read a copy of xbox 360 world?
Let me tell you it is the worst magazine i have ever seen in my entire life not to mention it has the world unofficial in the top right hand corner of every copy in big letters. They may as well just put this magazine is bullshit on the front and save everyone's time. So I wouldn't worry about Mass Effect 3 having multiplayer im fairly certain Bioware isn't that stupid

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
Waitaminute, HOLD ON ROCKFELLER! So that thread the other day about the multiplayer being released DLC was actually just a bunch of rumours?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljehglNDnH1qhzzwf.gif
Way to make people mad, man.