"Unavoidable" Global Bacon Shortage Expected Next Year

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
I am worried that this is just the start of a trend. Expect more news stories like this in the coming years. We joke now, but in a decade, this will be serious shit, and we will be worrying.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
A bacon shortage?

What is this cruelty? We need our salty, fatty, strips of meat!!!!

Actually, I've been having a lot of bacon lately. Kinda getting tired of it

*ducks beneath thrown flower pot*

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
iniudan said:
Wonder what will be Epic Meal Time take on that news.
Veldie said:
I feel bad for those who will be unable to get there bacon they need to survive and what will the Epic Meal time group do?
Isn't it obvious, they're what caused the shortage! They're buying too much bacon and now they've doomed bacon eaters everywhere.

OT: I'd like to say I'm doing my part by not liking bacon and thus not eating it, your welcome society.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Gabanuka said:
Ironically I'm reading this while eating a giant bacon sandwich.

So suicide pact guys? I'll go be my emergency cyanide

I'll leave this here

YOU GREEDY BACON CAPITALIST! D:<

COME ON MY FELLOW BACON COMMUNISTS! WE MUST AQUIRE THE MEANS OF BACON PRODUCTION AND REDISTRIBUTE IT TO US!

VIVA LA BACONLUTION!

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Mike Kayatta said:
Things started going downhill for porkophiles earlier this year when long periods of drought conditions across Europe began decreasing monthly corn and soy yields. Now, with less feed to go around, pig farmers can't afford to keep their four-legged bacon machines fed, leading to fewer pig herds composed of fewer pigs.
Pigs literally eat anything...well most things, human corpses included
Why not feed them something else??
Oh government regulations on animal feed, you're a cruel mistress.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*Wipes eyes* Oh that's hilarious. I mean I like a bacon sandwich from time to time but to read this on a website as meme-filled as the Escapist is funny as hell.

The crop shortage will cause bigger problems than bacon.

Stay porky my friends.

TheLazyGeek

Nov 7, 2009

May God, or whatever deity you may believe in, have mercy on us all.

captcha: 'chow down' I wish I could...I wish...I could...

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
The Rascal King said:
Hah, I eat soy bacon bitches. Let's get some fuckin' synthetic poultry UP IN THIS

shit yeah
What?.... sorry, let me say that again.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT????????????
DAAAAAAAAAAA
FUUUUUUUUUUCCK!!!
ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BURN IT!!!!!!!!!1

Burn it 'till it dies!!!

PureIrony said:
Today...is a good day to like Turkey Bacon.

Screw pork.
You souless man! How can you defile the sacred name of bacon with such..... such filth!!

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Jandau said:
I know this is a symptom of the climate change and the herald of the ever-increasing resource shortage our planet is facing. I know more things like this will continue to occur and that producing meat (at least as we do now) will eventually become unsustainable as the demand for food increases. I know many farmers might lose a ton of money, maybe even all they have. And I know that all of the above is depressing, sad and worrying.
That stuff just ain't true, all these "freak climates" have happened centuries before and will happen again, planets are not systems set in stone, they fluctuate.
Also people don't seem to remember that tons upon tons of perfectly good food is thrown away everywhere every day because we produce so much you just can't sell it all.
And farmers are giving up farms because the market is so over saturated you don't even get peanuts for the shit you grow, if this actually means a greater demand in pork people could get properly paid for once.